FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Eurovision





Hippie
Anyone here watch eurovision last night? All hail finland! Cowboys from germany? thought it was funny: your thoughts!
arch23
I think that contest is so uneccesary and not interesting for a long time already... It's all about getting famous or attracting tourists. No point making it if it has no artistic value what so ever...
Darius
The show was awsome. Watched it from the begining to the end. I hoped finland to be in TOP5 but No.1...I think everyone were suprised. I didn't know they would perform at all. Heard about it on the day of semi-finals. First time i heard them in 2000 when they're first album came out and was mesmorised by there music. But LORDI in my opinion realy earned the high position. Though there were other good performences - Ireland, Bosnia hercogovina, Iceland but there are more or less the same. Atleast about the same topic - Love. And that's what made LORDI so different and gave them the chance to win. I think it was about time to show something different and interesting and shake up the ground a bit.

Hard Rock Hallelujah!!!
adhoc
Seeing Finland rake in the 12's was so much fun! I had no idea they'd win.. I love Europe. This year was fun, but what was Iceland thinking? Too bad about France, hehe..
adhoc
arch23 wrote:
I think that contest is so uneccesary and not interesting for a long time already... It's all about getting famous or attracting tourists. No point making it if it has no artistic value what so ever...


Eurovision has more than artistic value; it's not just about music, just like the Olympics in essence aren't just about athletics.
dxhunter
Finland music is very very bad, but they are win Crying or Very sad
adhoc
dxhunter wrote:
Finland music is very very bad, but they are win Crying or Very sad


Finland is home to a lot of metal stuff, so in a way it's representative of the country, yet that song is pretty light / mainstream and thus good for Eurovision.. I thought it was good stuff.
burzum
yeah watched the whole night too, it was held in my country greece! i was happy that Lordi won the contest it was something different! Laughing
but there was songs more suitable for the contest which could win such as russia or sweden anyway gj LORDI!
Darius
Well yeah, As i recall it LORDI plays "orcestra Hard Rock" or something in that matter. It has a good hard tone but also goo background voices that are more melodic than hard. I think it's got something for everyone thus making it suitable for many people.
burzum
moreover LORDI won because the were very friendly with the media and the people. Greece gave them 12 points just for that!
Whong
Lordi sucks, people are so much attracted to the devil and evil spirits!

IF they wouldn't have worn those costumes they wouldn't have won!

Though I'm from Finland I'm sad that Finland won by this way, some Devilish band comes out of nowhere and then sweeps the victory clearly!

Man what a joke, Lordi is a joke and a monster!

I don't like the way they look like real demons! Idea Evil or Very Mad
adhoc
Whong wrote:
I don't like the way they look like real demons! Idea Evil or Very Mad


But, dear child, demons aren't real.
burzum
lol don't start thinking that LORDI is some satanic band that has a bad influence on little children because.... lol!
pexivee
I found the lyrics of Hard Rock Hallelujah as christian as lyrics in secular song can be. Girls dancing in skimpy shorts and tiny tops tempt people much more than any reference to "netherworld". I think Lordi made a good show, the music was good and melodic and rock´n´roll ruled!

What I detested most in EV contest 2006, were songs with barely non-existent melodies: five or six notes going up and down in repetetive manner and all the effort put into dancing and costumes. Of course, Lordis costumes and pyrotechincs were extravagant, but more in par with the substance they had in the song than many other contestants.

Sweden, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Lithuania, Finland - any of those could have been a winner by my book! Of course, as a Finn, it sounded almost like a joke, when the 1 a.m. radio news announcer said: "Hard rock-band Lordi has brought the first-ever Eurovision Song contest victory to Finland."
Boles Roor
Whong wrote:
Lordi sucks, people are so much attracted to the devil and evil spirits!

IF they wouldn't have worn those costumes they wouldn't have won!

Though I'm from Finland I'm sad that Finland won by this way, some Devilish band comes out of nowhere and then sweeps the victory clearly!

Man what a joke, Lordi is a joke and a monster!

I don't like the way they look like real demons! Idea Evil or Very Mad


Seriously, all the people who think like you make me laugh. What makes them demons? That's the same as telling goths are satanists. Anyone who will worship satan and any evil thing just because some men in scary outfits sing a song which doesn't have a thing to do with satan and the likes are mentally ill.

I personally think it's great that Lordi won, and I hate their music. Just because they're different then every other guy or gal that performs there.

Just a funny link about the Iceland singer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snG2V-PtpB8
What a bad loser.
sgwreviews
I think Finland wasn't bad, but I liked Romania more, also Russia and Ukraine were very good.
I think it stinks why Belgium did get to the final, if you see what songs do get throug, like Lithuania Evil or Very Mad Damn what a bad song, "we are the winners" it doesn't mean anything at all!
joshdifabio
Eurovision really is awful, but it can be quite funny anyway. I'm glad Finland one they were class. Lithuania's "We are the winners of eurovision" was pretty cool too! It's a shame so many of the votes are decided politically though really.
Whong
adhoc wrote:
Whong wrote:
I don't like the way they look like real demons! Idea Evil or Very Mad


But, dear child, demons aren't real.


If you say that, YOU know nothing!

Demons and Angels are everywhere, we can't see them because we only have human eyesight!

That sir! is the truth! Idea Idea Exclamation
Boles Roor
That's what YOU think. I don't believe in Hell, Heaven, demons and angels and the like.
burzum
joshdifabio wrote:
It's a shame so many of the votes are decided politically though really.


i totally agree with that
Jurado
Finland won, They did something special, They have a lot of neighbours. So they won. Countries like France, Spain, Belgium, Holland, Malta ,Monaco .... will never win again, If they get top 10 then it is already great.


Grtzz,
achene
haha..it was great that lordi won. not because it was a that original and extremely good song but it was something never seen in the eurovision before and thats kinda cool
crasso
I'm glad for Finland and Lordi. Nothing starange has happened, everybody has a mobiile phone and may vote, and I think maybe even 25% of the teenagers from the Europe listen some metal music and wish to share that with the world! Laughing

My country presented by Severina, better known as a pornstar... Question Just kidding, women had a video that came around on the Internet, she isn't guilty about that... Or she is? Evil or Very Mad

I reallèy hate that song from her, there's nothing to enjoy in. Ok, maybe something: if you are a person which sex video is on the Net, you may think this is the way to promote yourself. But, I surelly think you would pick some better music and better lyrics for the song about it.

Romanian guy has great pop song for this kind of the contest... Great hit...
selim06
i think the song's quality doesn't change anything...It's a quite political show!"The North of Europe votes and South received nothing","Ukraine votes and Russia recevied 12" etc...and my country Turkey every year receive 12 points from Germany,France!!!Because of citizens of Turkey,in Germany 3 Million Turk!
romaop
As a show Eurovision always entertains. But I don't like the majority of the songs quality and many decisions. Lithuania song was a joke but went to the final. A joke that says a lot about the eurovision contest. So I guess eurovision organization must make somehow a mixture between public votes and artist votes. I use to watch this festival and a lot of good songs aren't voted properly. Some countries tend to be unnoticed.
Finland has had good songs like last year "Why?", with great music, lyrics and performance. Last year Denmark was also very good. But none of them won and Finland song had a bad score. "Why?"
This year we heard a lot of repetitive songs and Finland did make a change on that. For that they deserve some credit. The song is not that special, but worked for the festival. And the media helped a lot.

Idea Israel is not from Europe. But has sometimes good songs that make a better festival. The same might happen if other countries join like asian or african countries.
Helios
Whong wrote:
adhoc wrote:
Whong wrote:
I don't like the way they look like real demons! Idea Evil or Very Mad


But, dear child, demons aren't real.


If you say that, YOU know nothing!

Demons and Angels are everywhere, we can't see them because we only have human eyesight!

That sir! is the truth! Idea Idea Exclamation


Have you been drinking? A lot?
Nick87
Drinking doesn't cause that...
That is obviously brainwashing done by aliens... They make people believe in demons by brainwashing them. The aliens are real, I know that because people believe in demons, that proves they are real. That we don't see the UFO's is because they have invisibility cloaks and they also have gadgets that they can't be seen on radar or satellite.

Well, it does make more sense than the special eyesight theory....
DarkJedi323
Finland was unique, which made them won.
Lithuania was the funniest. Laughing
Macedonia and Russia deserved to be in top 5.

I agree wtih those who said that political moves affected voting. Wink
schudder
Just a sidenote about Iceland: a lot of people make fun of her and say she's a bad loser and what not. The fact is of course that she's not a "real" person. It's a total act. She has a show in Iceland and the name she uses is just a stage name. She acts like a pompous, self righteous, better than thou bitch, but in reality, she's just an actress.
meet in rio
I think it's just brilliant than Finland won and it makes me giggle every time I think aboiut it.

Ogres, man, ogres.

The Armenian dance (elastic!) was pretty funny, too.
aacronite
i think moldovas entry was sheer class...

i would like to give me loca some choca....or whatever the song was about lol

since everyone in europe hates the uk..we havent got a hope in hells chance of getting more than 40 points,,let alone anywhere near winning

it has got rather silly....but then the uk acts tend to take it so seriously they deserve it!.

ive always wondered why we dont send one of our best bands in for just one year...could you imagine the kaiser chiefs entering???
Hippie
I hadn't seen it before, it was a real treat, and really funny. Oh man how bad did france's entry suck. I liked Finland's entry the best, but at what point do you think that people just voted for it because they couldnt beleive that someone like that would win?
LethcanAernis
I thought the Swedish song was the best, Finland was not good at all.. without the costume they wouldn't have any points. UK's song was a joke! Norway had a nice song.. but Denmark thought they could just throw in some blonde bitches and they would win haha LOL doesn't work.

Switzerland was way too good to get so little points!
Rotengel
Well, I thought Lordi did a stellar job at this years Eurovision. They are a friendly group that plays decent hard rock and are monster enthusiasts. I think its great for Finland.

They aren't really demonic as some may think, especially when they have a song "The Devil is a Loser." and a couple of the members go to church.

Eurovision hasn't had something quite like this before, don't be afraid to see a little change here and there.
Tatsumaru
I never liked Eurovision, too much comercial crappy songs for my liking. I like how Lordi stirred things up a bit, at least they play 'loud' music haha. Some of their songs are actually pretty fun.

So yeah I'm glad Lordi won Cool
BlacKRoSeS
I have only seen the beginning, but i didn't have the sound on, so i didn't hear anything. But what i saw right away that it's all the same. Everyone is just on stage in their best clothes doing their best to sing the music everyone sings, trying to look and sound original, but they're not. That's the main reason i don't watch it. And it all had to be in english, it would be better if everyone would use their own language, like they did in 2003, at least.
I like the fact that Lordi won this year, because i'm a fan of hardrock myself, and me and my friends keep saying that the world needs more and more rock, and everyone is starting to like it and that every other music is starting to look alike and stuff. Lordi was original, that's cool.
Lmao, i haven't seen the eurovision in 2003, but i saw t.A.T.u.'s part, and i heard some about it. They weren't allowed to wear sexy clothes and stuff, cus it's a family show and all. I'm guessing everyone else were in their fancy clothes, and t.A.T.u were in blue jeans and white t-shirt with a big '1' on it Razz Nive replacement Razz
Related topics
Favourite/Best Songs (no more new threads on this please)
NIGHTWISH!
Here Is My Beautiful City ISTANBUL
Lordi eat you alive (be ready)
Finnish music (bands from finland who sings finnish)
do you know any Turkish singer?
EUROVISION IN ATHENS
Music and Film Industry Gossip, News and More (May 21st)
Lordi won!
We are the winners of Eurovision......
eurovision şarkısı belli oldu
Eurovision'da Türkiye 7. Oldu
Eurovision Song Contest 2009
The Eurovision Song Contest
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Music

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.