FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why don't all the big companies start use Paypal?

Mgccl
Look...if every company use Paypal.. the world is going to be SOOO good...
I don't need to get check from Google but in Paypal... that means free of charge for the check!
and when I got to pay for stuff... I never need to use my credit card.. I just go and use Paypal online with an easy email and password....
For the sake of the world... all companies should use Paypal, they don't need to acually use Paypal as their main way of transfer money... but they should provide us an option to do so...

BTW. how does Paypal earn money? it's free. Where does Paypal get anything from
Ghost900
I think paypal makes there money off of Ebay so that pays for it but they may also charge a small fee when you send the money to the person who takes the money. There is a small fee charged but I don't know if that is because they used the credit card to transfer the money or if that is taken to pay for paypal. Very Happy
Leetch
Oh my god, i cannot beleave this post, i am in full agreement with you !!
Paypal is soo good. I was going to buy something on the net, i dont have a creditcard, so i thought YES im going to use my paypal.
And then there it is No damn paypal payments. ffs man i was [blocked]
Haha how you say about paypal, Ads man thats how they make their money. just like on the tv, Because paypal is soo big. it costs lots of money to post an add on the site. Somehow dumb company's think that they will get popular having adds on sites, But really they get unpopular in my opinion
7gts-scout
paypals is good...very convenience... some companies use paypals... Cool
pixel13
i dont know
Liu
You guys are the first lot who've praised paypal so much. I've heard so many horror stories about them. Last year they even froze an account of $20,000 dedicated to the fundraiser for Katrina victims.

http://www.paypalsucks.com/forums/showforum.php?fid=3

I really don't see the purpose of a third party holding my money. I'd rather have the deposit directly to my account right away.
essentialmedia
Paypal charges too much, they have terrible customer service and they are not FDIC insured so you lose you money and it's TOO BAD!!

That would be a terrible idea in other words
Scott
Paypal is not free!

That's probably why a lot of companies don't use it. I think if you gain over 1000 dollars or something they start to charge you for your transactions.
52tease
Paypal does not ever charge your for a personal account, they only begin to charge if you use a business account. There are several advantages to a business account. You can accept credit card payments and it is much easier to add Paypal functionality to your own website.

You can see more about paypals costs here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-receiving-fees-outside

As you can see, it is not necessarily a cheap option for online retailers, but there is no reason it should not be an alternative option for said retailers. If they process credit card purchases on their own, they could still accept payment of 'bank transaction'-types through paypal and you would be really happy.

At 52tease.com we have wrestled with accepting paypal for our custom-work, as that must be processed through a system other than the cafepress-based shopping cart, and have finally decided to accept credit card purchases through paypal as well as standard 'bank-transactions'. Sadly, this means we will have to take into account a slight premium on all purchases, regardless of how the person funds their paypal account, as that is how paypal gets its money.
AdamantMonk
paypal makes money from the interest gained when transferring money, otherwise ther verification system would be as fast as any debit transaction (same with credit cards too i think)

that's my guess anyways.
R2.DETARD
The best thing about paypal is that anyone that has a bank account, no matter the age can have one.
This way, enterprising kids can purchase alcohol or cigarettes off the internet and resell them to their friends at extortionate rates.
nilsmo
Competition is good, remember that. We don't want PayPal to become the Microsoft of online transactions.
HDirtwater
essentialmedia wrote:
Paypal charges too much, they have terrible customer service and they are not FDIC insured so you lose you money and it's TOO BAD!!

That would be a terrible idea in other words

Bingo.

Also, big companies get better deals from the CC companies for merchant accounts than smaller companies or individuals (like eBay sellers). Paypal is great for online purchases and money transfers, and is a great way for people to start their own business, but once you have grown into a legitimate corporation, paypal is nowhere near powerful or secure enough to use.
alkady
Big Companies use in-house systems or systems that are owned by associated business who partner themselves. Plus what difference does it make if everyone on Paypal. Out there in the world, There will be someone who would want to challenge Paypal like people try to challenge Microsoft everyday.
yaashop
Quote:
Paypal does not ever charge your for a personal account, they only begin to charge if you use a business account. There are several advantages to a business account. You can accept credit card payments and it is much easier to add Paypal functionality to your own website.

I agree with that but i'm using only regular acct (free one) and it's still fine for buy and sell stuffs. i havent tried the business one yet but my friend said it's safer and more reliable.
HDirtwater
Quote:

I agree with that but i'm using only regular acct (free one) and it's still fine for buy and sell stuffs. i havent tried the business one yet but my friend said it's safer and more reliable.

Keep in mind, if you sell on eBay, you are required to have a business acct. Personal accounts were never intended to be used to sell and collect money, and eBay closed the loophole about a year ago. Read up on eBay policies for confirmation. Personal accounts with PayPal are designed to buy things online and transfer money only.
salman_500
Paypal is not global..

more than half of the world does not have access to Paypal... such as me... i live in Paksitan where Paypal is unavailable... so i dont support sites with payments in Paypal..

i prefer credit card....
ocalhoun
Paypal Charges Merchants 2.9% of every transaction!
Sure it's convienient for consumers, but why should merchants all have to take that cut out of thier profit? How do I know this: I have a paypal merchant account. You can see how I use it here
Jeslyn
Most companies rather not pay paypal's fee, doing so would require them to raise the prices in order to cover it, most likely.
HDirtwater
ocalhoun wrote:
Paypal Charges Merchants 2.9% of every transaction!
Sure it's convienient for consumers, but why should merchants all have to take that cut out of thier profit? How do I know this: I have a paypal merchant account. You can see how I use it here

If you think that's something, you should see what the CC companies charge. It is usually much much more, plus you have to either buy or lease the equipment. Big corporations get discounts on merchant accounts, but PayPal is still a decent alternative for individuals, albeit, not free.
Archetype
I'm one who would wish bigger companies would all use PayPal. I don't have a credit card, so it's hard for me to buy stuff online. So, I set up my bank account with my PayPal so I can pay for stuff online through my bank. I find very few companies that accept PayPal, and it make things hard for me.

Let's face it, you find better stuff online then you will in any store, and you can find anything online. But, no one wants to help me out. Laughing
skygaia
I totally agree with you. Paypal is very good system for all customers.
But.. there are a lot of money to keep its system, if all companies use a paypal.
I'm not sure but if all companies use paypal, then they have to pay more to keep their paying system.
Now, whenever customers pay for something by credit cards, company has to pay some interests for using credit card system. so if they use paypal, then they have to add extra using fee of paypal.
so, most companies don't want to use that
But I'm not sure...

Of course, I want a great paying system without care for security. ^^
bluedragon
PayPal is a very suspicious company, while there are alternative options such as Neteller and 2Checkout which may offer more reasonable utility to some.
silentpark
Paypal is not safe enough. See if you act as an company you transfer Millions of dollars and euros. Paypal is a company for raltivly small transfers, for privat users, its not build to support companies, and its for internet use not for commercial business,
a lot internet stores support paypal, but as a company i would NOT trust such a company as Paypal is (a doughter of ebay aswell). If you deal with huge amounts of money you need much more then the few feature Paypal offers (yet)?

if all companies (just everyone) would use paypal, paypal would become target for heavy crime. Today Paypal isn't that attractive, and there is allready crime.

well like others said, companies won't trust paypal (ebay), and its just to huge risk, if you deal with money you want to have as much safety as possible.
paypal can't offer this!
izcool
PayPal is run by eBay (it was purchased by eBay quite awhile ago and dropped their version of an online payment system and switched over to that instead). I believe that most companies don't want to use PayPal because it has too many drawbacks with frauds. They charge money to get money transferred from one account to another, then it's a hassle transferring all of the money back to the main account of the company. It's a bit skeptical but I believe with time it will become a standard, along with credit cards.

Oh, one thing I thought I should mention is that where I work, I regularly get this one customer who comes in with a PayPal credit card. I haven't really looked into this that much, but if you charge on that card, does it withdraw funds from the PayPal account or no ? Just one thing I was wondering. (I'm a bit lazy to do the research myself).

- Mike.
Bondings
Izcool, it indeed seems to be a valid debit card, at least according to Paypal.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/account/DCIntro-outside