FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google Adsense Fix!! Display better ads!!! no hacker ads!!!

Would you like the hacker ads removed from FriHost.com?
Yes, they are out of place!
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Yes, but I don't mind them.
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
No, but I don't care.
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
No, those sites have a right to advertise here!
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

IceCreamTruck
OK,
who can log into google adsense on behalf of FriHost.com? Because that person can tell adsense to block the following ads by domain.

1. www.scanalert.com
  2. www.toplayer.com
  3. www.infosecinstitute.com

This will at least remove those three from ever appearing on FriHost. It's caused some concern, and I use adsense, so I figured I would post the fix here in the suggestions forum and hope that the person responsible for google adsense ads on the home page of FriHost.com/Forums can log in and make changes so that those keywords don't make everyone angry.

Just trying to do my part, so good-bye for now, and happy gooogling!!
heady233
IceCreamTruck wrote:
OK,
who can log into google adsense on behalf of FriHost.com? Because that person can tell adsense to block the following ads by domain.

1. www.scanalert.com
  2. www.toplayer.com
  3. www.infosecinstitute.com

This will at least remove those three from ever appearing on FriHost. It's caused some concern, and I use adsense, so I figured I would post the fix here in the suggestions forum and hope that the person responsible for google adsense ads on the home page of FriHost.com/Forums can log in and make changes so that those keywords don't make everyone angry.

Just trying to do my part, so good-bye for now, and happy gooogling!!
I hope Bondings changes that. It is getting annoying, and is giving Frihost a bad reputation.
IceCreamTruck
It does give FriHost a bad name if that's the first thing people see when they log-in for the first time. This is not a hacker forum...far from it. There are no hacks/cheats/SNs availible here, so the ads are very missplaced if you ask me. I just saw that the first time I logged in and was disappointed after seeing how many people are discussing it in these forums. The fix is easy as heck to acomplish...five minutes tops, and I would do it myself, but i'd have to learn how to hack passwords on adsense to do that. lol. maybe I should check out those links and see what I find. Laughing
LukeakaDanish
I hope a mod takes this seriously...it should be fixed...and yeah...its really easy to fix aswell...

*bump*
Scorpio
The mods can do nothing about the ads, only the admin(bonds) has an access to the google adsense account of frihost since he owns the site.

So unless he looks there is no use.

Or perhaps, a mod can post this or request this in the "area51" so maybe bondings can notice early(i cant be too sure about that)
billybob
I dont really see these as much of a problem as two of those links are hacker protection and the other is selling classes in ethical hacking. Maby if they were sites providing free hacker training material such as tuts and downloads for hacking tools. Then yeah I would agree take the five mins to remove them.

Besides I bet that these ads have gained the most clicks, they have ever recieved while they have been using the key words from the "Defaced websites" featured descusion!
James007
The admin is notified. We will try to fix this problem as soon as possible.

On behalf of the frihost moderating team,

James
manumiglani
Well, I do not think this is a problem. Infact it may be a boon, These type of ads receive much more amount of clicks. And also there is no hacking content/softwares on the sites. These are basically ethical hacking sites which are basically against hacking and trying to stop it.
Marston
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-36343.html

I don't see why this thread should be open, and mine locked... Confused I feel so hurt.
ocalhoun
It's because it was one of many:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-38021.html
TeenZine
Your right im surprized this didnt get locked by James after he posted here.
wumingsden
-locked- as James made aware Bondings has been notified.
James007
thank you Wumingsden Smile

(I didn't find it necessary, but because everyone kept replying... it is necessary)