FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PSP Fans?

SpongeFreak
Are there any major PSP fans out here? Personally, I think that the PSP is the greatest handheld console ever. The NDS is close, but the PSP barely takes the cake. Anyone have any opinions on it?
foodman
i would like a psp but from my understanding it is to expensive.
raman
I have a PSP and I like it, alot of good games and good graphics for a portable gaming system
gr3gg3r
PSP is awesome. You can play games that look close to PS2 graphics, watch movies, download music or photos, or any data onto the memory card and it can go anywhere with you. It is an awesome handheld gaming system.

But to tell you the truth I always forget about it, and I haven't used it in a while. But it has come in handy if the power goes out or you have to wait for an oil change for your car. Smile
neonard0
Hey what do you think about the new fix, that now you can play the games from the memory (of course now you need a big memory). Do you know sites to download the games?
MonkeyWrench
no, i spent money on a psp to get homebrew games, and i cant even find any games to download to my psp, only one i have is quake.
ItsWesley
neonard0 wrote:
Hey what do you think about the new fix, that now you can play the games from the memory (of course now you need a big memory). Do you know sites to download the games?

Yeah, I've been using ISO loaders for a while now, and they work with basically every game, so since then I've never actually bought any PSP games.
Joe944
MonkeyWrench wrote:
no, i spent money on a psp to get homebrew games, and i cant even find any games to download to my psp, only one i have is quake.

You obviously haven't tried nearly hard enough then. Wink
mw91
I use mine mainly for emulation, i have a version 1.5 with 2.71 emulated under devhok and ive done a small amount of homebrew programming too.
QrafTee
I'm not really a fan of the handheld. I like what Sony was trying to do, but I think it as done in a rush to go up against Nintendo. Sony has to realize they need to limit themselves so the average gamer can purchase their products, not the average rich kid or whatever. Then again I didn't like the DS until I played it, but I've already played both. I much rather have games "with nice graphics" on consoles and PC than in my hands.
SpongeFreak wrote:
Are there any major PSP fans out here? Personally, I think that the PSP is the greatest handheld console ever. The NDS is close, but the PSP barely takes the cake. Anyone have any opinions on it?
Bourgondier
I am a hardcore fan!
william
No, I don't have one. But, I might get it later on. (I have no plans to buy one yet.) It's a great console; great graphics, good design, etc. There are a couple things I don't like about it. One thing is that if you truly went to get the best out of it, you need to buy a lot of accessories. Though, most of my complaints are that major. Overall, it's a great system.
Joe944
The PSP is a nice little handheld, that's for sure. I've been very happy with mine, and use it quite often. People say that the games are not as good as the NDS. That's bullshit. Go over to IGN or whatever your review website of choice is and take a gander at the games. Not only are the PSP games that have been released lately a whole lot of fun, but they've been rated higher than most of the newly released NDS games.

Sure, Super Mario came out and it's all good nostalgic fun. Monster Hunter, Tekken, Valkrie Profile, Field Commander are all good games. New games to look out for:

Silent Hill Origins, prequel to Silent Hill
Metal Gear Solid Tactical something or other.
Ultimate Ghouls N Ghosts - hope it's as hard as the predecessors:D
indeedwrestling
The PSP is pretty sweet. I just which Sony hadn't spent so many resources making sure that homebrewn software would be locked out. The concept of a strong, portable emulator was very appealing to me!
BBurton22
It's gonna be cool to hook up the PSP to the Ps3. I wander what kinda features sony will put out for that.
BabsUlvaWho?
Yes, I have a PSP and personally love it. very versatile, entertaining little gadget. Getting cheaper for all those people who complain its too expnesive!! I also have a Nintendo DS and I think the DS is better when it comes to the range of games. Sony could do a little better, d'ya think?

Oh yeah, and one of my friends has found a way to put SNES games and retro console emulators on the PSP. Its fantastic! PM me if you want details.
CtrlAltDeleteDie
PSP homebrew has been around practically since the system came out. I love to play those old SNES games that were out before I was old enough to care about them. Good times with Chrono Cross and Megaman X. I also am learning to program in LUA for the psp. Right now I'm making a Resident Evil style rpg type game.

It's probably the best handheld system becuase you can emulate just about any system older than 5 years.

But the UMD games aren't the greatest. There are a few good ones like Syphon Filter, but there are alot of bad ones. If they start releasing better games, maby more people will get interested in it.

If you are interested in PSP homebrew then check out the forums at http://pspupdates.qj.net/ . They have alot of information regarding homebrew.
OutwardBound
I've just brought a PSP. I love PSP very much, as it can be functioned as PC, mP3, playstation and online machine. Personally, I don't think it is too expensive, as its price is cheaper than a PC, but can be functioned as a PC!
urbanbuddha
I love the PSP. I'm planning to get another one, possibly the white Japanese PSP since it is a better construction of the black on.

My PSP is 1.5 so I can do what I want with it =)

Currently playing Valkyrie Profile, cause I'm waiting for the sequel to come out on the PS2.
TSpiralP
psp frikken sucks. there are no games for it, I have one and i dont use it anymore. seriously they need to come out with something.
edragon
Twisted Evil Yes, GOOD. IT'S SONY.
txsky
I don't have one, but if I did, I think I would use it mostly for music and videos, but that's what the iPods are for. I would much rather have one of those because you don't have to go out and buy a bunch of memory sticks for it.
em0o
i want one. Badly.
Shanghai_Dragon
I have one. I think it is a great little game player. I have Tenchu Shinobi Taizen. It was a good stealth game. The graphics were so-so... I hate the fact that they only give you a 30MB memory stick... you can't fit any movies on there. The one major downside with my PSP is that it has about 5 dead pixels. I can't help but to be annoyed by those things.
votd
I don't have PSP but I really want to have it. Maybe it's just a dream, but still...

There are many games out there, but most are conversions from Playstation 2 or other. I'm waiting for Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core to come. It looked GREAT on screens - similiar or even better to Playstation 2 Final Fantasys!

Also, it's not cheap, I'm living in Poland where you can hardly buy some games in occasional prices. All others are very expensive for our wages.
Chronos
TSpiralP wrote:
psp frikken sucks. there are no games for it, I have one and i dont use it anymore. seriously they need to come out with something.

Of course there are games for PSP. -.-
ywc1818
I've just brought a PSP. PSP is a fantastic machine, as it can be functioned as PC, mP3, online machine, playstation and etc. Personally, I think it is already a cheap player, as it was muti-functioned and it has a high quality monitor. It's not that much expensive, isn't it?
Keydar
Its just a fantastic machine
Senshida
I have one, but its all dusty. Bad load times, and alot of the games are ports. (with the exception of MGS Portable Ops Smile - best PSP game)

I like my DS better though. (more games, and more fun)
danwat0
I'm not a big fan of handheld consoles but the PSP is the best in my opinion. I probably have every type of gameboy or any other handheld console you can think of. If you've ever played a PSP you would know that there is no other handheld gaming system like it. I give it two thumbs up.
Yuriyov
i cannot live without my PSP