FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can't Update Index.html

thpn
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but everytime I try to update my index.html it comes up with the same thing. In my index.html folder I added a javascript prompt and took off the reload code and my page still reloads to my forum and the prompt doesn't show.
Bondings
Which page are you talking about and what exactly do you want it to do?
Scorpio
thpn wrote:
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but everytime I try to update my index.html it comes up with the same thing. In my index.html folder I added a javascript prompt and took off the reload code and my page still reloads to my forum and the prompt doesn't show.

1. Are you talking about the public_html folder.(there is no index.html floder, there is only a file of that name if your create it.

2. Ensure that the "index.php" of the forums is not in the same folder as index.html

3. If that is so, then add a .htaccess file and change the default page to index.html(this wont be needed usually)

4. Try clearing the cache of the browser and reload the page.
thpn
Okay, for Bondings I am trying to add a title at the top other than "Untitled Document" and take off a code that forwards the visitor to my forum.

For Scorpio, I have an index.html in my public_html directory which is the one I am trying to edit. It was working before so I don't think it's the .htaccess. I guess I could do the cache thing.

//edit:
It works now. I cleared the cache.
//