FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

s-video

munkey_boy
Hi, i have a tv and computer set up via s-video and i was wondering if i could watch a movie like i already know how to do on the tv and minimize that on my pc and play a game at the same time or do other things at the same time while the movie is still minimized
Animal
As far as I know, the S-Video connection will work like a monitor cable - whatever is on your screen is also shown on the TV.

If you are watching a DVD, it takes a surprising amount of processor time. By playing a game, both the DVD and game are likely to under-perform, leading to jerky playback. It's not recommended unless you have a very high-end system.
Donutey
you can either have it set up as a single desktop, where the TV will mimic what is on the monitor, or an extended desktop. With an extended desktop it's as if the computer was one large monitor. So you could move the window with the movie onto the TV side, then play a game on the other monitor.
munkey_boy
Donutey wrote:
you can either have it set up as a single desktop, where the TV will mimic what is on the monitor, or an extended desktop. With an extended desktop it's as if the computer was one large monitor. So you could move the window with the movie onto the TV side, then play a game on the other monitor.

Is there any software i need? or will i just need to go and set it up in the moniters settings or something. And i was using a gam as an example coz a game takes up lot of memory like 250mb when u look at it in task manager.