FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your opinion about ColdFusion

Helios
I want to learn CF, what do you think about it?
Should I do it?

What's your opinion?
WickedGravity
Awesome server if you can master it.

It is one of the hardest to learn how to script in though.

The snippets you can pick up on the wen are fantastic though.
Kelcey
I do it for work.. I don't like it. Sure it cuts down lines of code, but I hate typing '<' and '>' and "cf" for every instruction... it really does get annoying. Also, the usage of quotes and pound signs for variables can be VERY annoying. You get the hang of it though. I prefer PHP.
Aimewitue
i learn cold fusion at my multimedia's stage and i found it is an interesting language.
this save a lot of code but no many server support it
skarasen
Cold Fusion is certainly not the most basic way to maintain a website in terms of scripting in it, but although many may dislike it for that, it can be a powerful and functional language once you get the hang of it. Of course, the hardest part is "getting the hang of it" - it's not as simple to learn as something like PHP or Javascript, as has been noted by some of the others.

In general, I don't feel that most people's needs necessitate the use of Cold Fusion, but if you do need to use it, it is extremely flexible and a worthwhile pursuit.
Grimboy
Doesn't the server software cost loads? It might be hard to get hold of a server that has it on. It sounds a little bit high-level and full of redundancies. (As are most commercial languages.)
Kelcey
Yeah, I think it costs quite a bit of cash. Don't quote me on that though. I say that because the labs I work for blow money all over the place on unecessary things, haha.
aytac
I don't like cold fusion but it can be usefull for you.Its your chose good luck!
vspec
go with php or perl
tiny
ya i hate it, its confusing and takes forever to get it working right