FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Real domain Names?





aboriginal
Ive just been able to request hosting but is there a way to use a real domain name?

There is just subdomain option.

Thanks
Bondings
aboriginal wrote:
Ive just been able to request hosting but is there a way to use a real domain name?

There is just subdomain option.

Thanks

We offer a free subdomain, you are going to get one whether you want it or not. Wink

Anyway, to answer your question. Yes, there is a way to use a real domain name. If your application gets accepted, you'll be able to add it in your DirectAdmin control panel.
n0obie4life
One last thing, please read the stickies/tutorials on how to add a domain name before posting here Smile
Hogwarts
Just use a .tk domain. It's located at www.tk and it's free. You can turn off advertising too. It just redirects to your site but some things don't like it (Like e107, you can't use a .tk domain name to login if you use internet explorer). But, I made a fix quick-smart. So just use a .tk domain that refers to your subdomain.
aboriginal
Bondings wrote:
aboriginal wrote:
Ive just been able to request hosting but is there a way to use a real domain name?

There is just subdomain option.

Thanks

We offer a free subdomain, you are going to get one whether you want it or not. Wink

Anyway, to answer your question. Yes, there is a way to use a real domain name. If your application gets accepted, you'll be able to add it in your DirectAdmin control panel.


Thanks for that information Smile

n0obie4life wrote:
One last thing, please read the stickies/tutorials on how to add a domain name before posting here Smile


Sorry - will look again in future Confused

Hogwarts wrote:
Just use a .tk domain. It's located at www.tk and it's free. You can turn off advertising too. It just redirects to your site but some things don't like it (Like e107, you can't use a .tk domain name to login if you use internet explorer). But, I made a fix quick-smart. So just use a .tk domain that refers to your subdomain.


I already have a domain to use so there is no point Wink
Related topics
Free domain names
Domain Names
Can't we apply with a real domain?
google showing non registered domain names in search results
Free domain names (.be)
Free domain names
Domain names on Linux SuSE
SMTP, DB, & Hosting Domain Qs
FREE top-level domain names?
FREE Domain Names
Are You Looking For Good Domain Names ?
EU.org, free domain names
Free .com, net, org, eu, co.uk, biz domain names.
History of domain names
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.