FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Language moderators...doubts

juninho_14
well, id like to know who choses them...and where are they, because at portuguese(mine) forum there are a lot of users flooding and they doesnt do anything about it...

[s]
wumingsden
Staff discuss between ourselves who would be a good applicant. Although I do not speak portugese I have look at the forum a bit and tried to tidy it up. This is obviously hard, and also not my job, as i'm having to depend on language translators. If you can please PM me when you see a problem in the portugese forum and i will try and sort it out. I say this because I have no idea who the portugese moderator('s) is.

Also note that back-seat moderating is against the rules, however it seems to have come in useful with one topic in the portugese forum. I will speak to the rest of the staff about this problem, thank you.
Blaster
Its because bockman is away. Also dionet left. So really it is because there is no one there. So there really isn't a mod for portuguese. The other person that talks portuguese is Astrolopitecos who is hardly ever there. So really you should get a mod for that forum that posts reguallry.

@wuming read the stikies they usally tell you. Look for context clues.

@juninho_14 I would suggest if you see some bad stuff that you may want to translate it for wuming if you send him somthing. It may make his job easier.
jongoldsz
You should get a mod for the portuguese forum and possible give foriegn language mods a special title so users know who they are.
Blaster
They do

But some language mods are also reagullar mods. Like Arin is for both Polish and just a regular mod. So it gets confussing. That is where you look at the stikies and annocements.
James007
This problem is being dealt with at the moment.
Moved.
Marston
wumingsden wrote:
Also note that back-seat moderating is against the rules
He wasn't back-seat moderating.

He was just notifying the staff of (what I'm sure is) blatant spamming.
n0obie4life
Marston wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

Marston, I already told you.

The staff here can't differentiate between rule breaking and what is not rule breaking.

Apprantly even posting useful one liners gain a warning too Laughing.

Don't quarrel with them, you'll most likely end up with a warning on "flamming the moderators".
mOrpheuS
Marston wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

And nobody accused him of doing that. Confused
The actual sentence in its entirety clearly doesn't lead to the conclusion being drawn here.

n0obie4life wrote:
The staff here can't differentiate between rule breaking and what is not rule breaking.

Apprantly even posting useful one liners gain a warning too Laughing.

Don't quarrel with them, you'll most likely end up with a warning on "flamming the moderators".

If you have anything against anybody or the whole staff, please take it up in private instead of badmouthing the staff in every other post that you make.

You're not being constructive at all.
James007
Marston wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

The back-seat moderating remark wasn't about making this thread. We don't accuse anyone for back-seat moderating.

Thanks to juninho_14 for notifying us.

I came to the same conclusion about the portuguese forum and started to search for any threads about it. Then I found this thread, which had been incorrectly closed and removed by another moderator. So I moved it back to the suggestions section and re-opened it.

Anyway, the problem will be solved.
Bockman
humm.. did my nick come up anywhere in this suggestion? Wink

First of all, thank you juninho for alerting the team for this situation. since there was no portuguese mod online for some time, the team had no way of knowing what was going on there.

I do not support back seat moderating, so I'm asking you all to avoid replying on-topic when you see infractions. This suggestion has nothing to do with back-seat moderating and that's not what wumingsden meant.

When you see anything breaking the rules please address one of the team members about it. For the portuguese case, you can always try and reach me, i will act on it asap. The same for all other lang forums: first try and reach a lang mod for that section. if unnavailable, don't be shy and pm any online mod/adm.

Be well Cool

e obrigado juninho

P.S. - you will be seeing a bit (how much will remain a mistery) more of me from now on.