FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bomb Threat

heady233
I'm home from school early. My school got a telephone call saying there was a bomb in the school. All that was posted on the school's website was this:
http://www.cdschools.org wrote:
Attention
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attention Parents of North Side Elementary School Students: Friday, May 19, 2006

Students were evacuated from the building around 12 noon due to a bomb threat and taken to Central Dauphin East Middle School's Auditorium. Parents may pick their children up at CD East Middle. Administrators will be notifying parents of the situation individually. Afternoon kindergarten is cancelled.
If you want to hear exactly what happened to me read on.

The day was going on as usual, I just got out of Math class. When I got to my homeroom I told my teacher I was going to Mrs. Braun's room. I go there every day to play Math 24 with my 1st grade buddy. After we played it I was just about to leave when the fire drill sound went off. I had to go outside with the 1st graders and wait there for an hour. Then the first graders all got on a bus to go to the East Middle School. So me and a teacher walked around the school to where my class was. When I got there everyone in my class said "Drew, you didn't blow up!" Nobody actually knew there was a bomb, but that was everyone's guess. After about 30 minutes we got on a bus and went to the East Middle School too. Soon after that my grandmother came and picked me up. Now I'm at home typing this.
Blaster
Thats messed up. They should have had you out faster. There should have been more done. Good thing you are ok though. All of our fire allarms are kids pulling it. Anyway that is really scary. Good thing everyone one is ok though. It was most likley a joke that someone was trying to play. Because who would really call in and say they have a bombed. It is so easy to get the phone records and track the guy down.
LukeakaDanish
OMG...

Well...to be honest this says something about the american society to me...(please dont hate me americans...your truly wonderful people Very Happy)

Although i believe every word you say, im not sure that there actually was a bomb...this may sound like a "whack" conspiracy, but here's my theory:

1: School needs more funding
2: Schools needs to prove to board that it needs more money
3: School realizes that its not gonna get more money unless it forces it
4: School uses "Scare tactics" which are typical in the american media nowadays to convince everyone it needs more money...

This may or may not be the case...however i like to offer alternatives to the "official" version...

Quote:
over a period when homicide rates were falling, media coverage of murder increased by 600%

This is a FACT from Michael Moores "Bowling for Colombine" which very much shows me how the american government uses scare tactics to make its people buy more protection for themselves (taxed -> wealth)...infact 80% of all households now have a gun in america!

Showing that "The war is at your door" also helps to justify the anormeous amount of money the amrican government use on warfare and KILLING PEOPLE!

Enough of me...

Sincerely

Luke
mathiaus
Sounds like a rather fun day at school Razz
Hope your able to tell us tomorrow wether there was actually a bomb there or not
xorcist
Wow when we had a bomb threat in my high school we all went to the basketball courts in the back and every stayed there for a while. After that we just went back into the school and contined the day. They said they tracked the call and found out where he did it from. It only took like 30 minutes for everything to be clear so we can go back in the classrooms.
Blaster
Lets put it this way mathiaus. If he is here tomorrow and talking durning the day (GMT-4) then you can tell that there was a bomb. Very Happy

If there really was a bomb then WOW. That is totaly messed up. Good luck and i hope you are safe. Let us know if you find out any more information.
essentialmedia
Sounds like you had a fun and eventful day and fell victim to the typical BS that kids do to get out of school.

I am sure you are a better person than that though and would never resort to such silly manuevers just to free yourself from class, right>?
smokey4life
I cant believe that kids still call in bomb threats just to get out of school. Its crazy, every time they call in a bomb threat they always end up getting caught in the long run. And is going to jail for years really worth getting out of school early? Just seems really crazy if you ask me.
dz9c
Just some kids trying to get out of school. No acutal bomb. Im very optimistic and I dont think there was a bomb. Just some dudes fooling around getting out of school. In our school, people write things in the bathrooms walls saying bomb in locker and give a date or something.
Blaster
at my school when people don't feel like going to class they pull the shiny red thing that says "Fire" on it. I read it one time and was like... where and i almosted pulled it. haha. Oh and at an elemetry school who would be the one to call in a bomb threat?
heady233
Blaster wrote:
Lets put it this way mathiaus. If he is here tomorrow and talking durning the day (GMT-4) then you can tell that there was a bomb. Very Happy

If there really was a bomb then WOW. That is totaly messed up. Good luck and i hope you are safe. Let us know if you find out any more information.
Blaster, tommorow is a Saturday, so according to your theory there was a bomb. Laughing
TeenZine
thats cool good thing your safe.
Rmgk
The School down the road from me had my states first person charged with terrorism (Australia) he had 53 Kg of Explosives and Books about terrorism
Blaster
heady233 wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Blaster, tommorow is a Saturday, so according to your theory there was a bomb. Laughing

Ahh i was sick the last two days. It feels like monday. Well just check your schools site and see if they have it where you get off of school. That should say. Very Happy
Mithrandir
I've had several experiences which are similar to this one. I go to a small school (about 200) which is a highly advanced program on the campus of a large school (about 2000). My small school had a false "intruder alert" and within ten seconds of getting the secret anouncement code, we had the doors locked and the blinds pulled with the policie on the way. It was all very impressive just how fast it really was. When I attended the larger school we had a bomb threat which had us in lock down for almost four hours. It was truly scary becuase somebody heard a car backfire and assumed it was a gunshot. They had well over 50 police officers patroling the halls and that many more on the grounds with ambulances, fire trucks and even the bomb squad. So I'd have to sya that if anything, my school is over prepared.
R2.DETARD
Rmgk wrote:
The School down the road from me had my states first person charged with terrorism (Australia) he had 53 Kg of Explosives and Books about terrorism

Australia is so touchy about this whole explosives thing. you are gunna have to have a $400 permit to own nitrate fertilizer (easy explosive). The Australian government is spending more time looking for people to pin terrorism charges on than finding real terrorists. I think that kid was probably just unlucky, having a bag of fertilizer and a school project to do.
pecad0re
Bomb threats, terrorim, the world is going from bad to worse. Its a shame these people make these things happen. I wonder what that world will be like in a 100 years. Actually, will there be a world? lol
Pyro Man
god man, that must of been scary! but yeah they should defiently of acted more quickly to get you out of there.
[FuN]goku
Pyro Man wrote:
god man, that must of been scary! but yeah they should defiently of acted more quickly to get you out of there.
yeah, never in my school has there been one since ive been there.... yet..
Scotty Too Hotty
yEAH when i was in high school this was a semi-regular occurence. One of my friends did it once, that wasnt too pretty he was charged as an adult.

But i think the worst thing that ever happened in my school/area is....

Let me give a brief run-down of the particulars.

There are two highschools in my area, a french highschool and an english Highschool. If you were to drive about 8 minutes apart walk about 30 mins apart.

There has alwasys been antimosity between the two languages.

So to say the least there was a fight like no-other, and it resulted in the freench school walking out and walking to wards the english school appx 500 students in the group. And we all walked out of our school and we all met about half way. At this point the cops had seen both comming and blocked off a bridge so we couldnt get through. They had to call in all three police Departements and a semi-local fire riot squad as well as the fire departement to contain us (Fire departement hit us with blasts of water)

There were Guns chains bats, anything you could think of. Now when the two school splay each other in sports there are always 5 or 6 cops on hand and they split the crowd up english one side french on the other. It was pretty intence.
Scotty Too Hotty
that also reminds me of what h appened last summer. There are a few "gangs" in each of the schools. There is the most antimosity between these gangs. English Graduation night, there was a fight and someone got hurt, so french graduation night the guy that got hurt was also at that graduation (he GF was french). ...french girls are h otter in canada.

he got ther e and they didnt like it after prom, he was walking through a parking lot to go home to get ready for the after party, and well he was hit by a car and run over two times. (back up drive over etc). they have laid charges on the driver...there is about 8 or 9 charges being laid. The only one they didnt lay was murder and i think it should have been laid
pjv
It may or may not be a bomb but im sure when your there, it will surely give the chills. hopefully this terrorizing will soon end.

Peace brother!
Scorpio
Forgive me, but did that guy who was run over, die?
ehecatl
Welcome to Fond du Lac High once every other week... -_-" We just did a bunch of those... In fact, we're making up the time for it again today by staying at school until 3:35 instead of the normal 3:15... >_< Stupid bomb threats! Evil or Very Mad
screamingdecay
Just wait to you get to Highschool, I mean every day someone pulls the fire alarm then were forced to shit out side in any weather there is. Its retarted, don't these kids relise that they shoot ink out and you cnnot get it off your skin for at least a week Laughing . Then theres these "want a be gansters" that set the trash can on fire in the bath rooms every week from wanting too or just smoking Rolling Eyes haha, anyway we had one bomb threat and wasnt that big we got to leave early woot. Neutral

Man, I miss my elementry days now its all highschool next month work work work for the rest of my life urg..
Media_Entertainment
Hi, I'm new.

I was reading this topic and I just thought "man!".

I can't imagine, that this will happen in Germany, like it happens
at your places.

Just my two cents..
nilsmo
A bomb threat happened to my school (in a well-off place near Washington, DC). I got to miss 4 hours of class. Very Happy
Blaster
Scotty Too Hotty wrote:
that also reminds me of what h appened last summer. There are a few "gangs" in each of the schools. There is the most antimosity between these gangs. English Graduation night, there was a fight and someone got hurt, so french graduation night the guy that got hurt was also at that graduation (he GF was french). ...french girls are h otter in canada.

he got ther e and they didnt like it after prom, he was walking through a parking lot to go home to get ready for the after party, and well he was hit by a car and run over two times. (back up drive over etc). they have laid charges on the driver...there is about 8 or 9 charges being laid. The only one they didnt lay was murder and i think it should have been laid

Both of your stories are bad. I am glad i dont' live there.

Also heady its monday. Did you here anything about it. Was there really a bomb. Is there still a heady? *goes to check msn* Ok he is fine. Unless that is his mom Rolling Eyes
alkady
Now thats a classic prank, But who the hell pulls this trick on a elementary school? I would be expecting this to happened in a High School. It seems kids are getting smarter theses days.
raman
Ya i've heard several things like this happeneing before it just begins to make you wonder.
Kael
LukeakaDanish wrote:
OMG...

Well...to be honest this says something about the american society to me...(please dont hate me americans...your truly wonderful people Very Happy)

Although i believe every word you say, im not sure that there actually was a bomb...this may sound like a "whack" conspiracy, but here's my theory:

1: School needs more funding
2: Schools needs to prove to board that it needs more money
3: School realizes that its not gonna get more money unless it forces it
4: School uses "Scare tactics" which are typical in the american media nowadays to convince everyone it needs more money...

This may or may not be the case...however i like to offer alternatives to the "official" version...

Quote:
over a period when homicide rates were falling, media coverage of murder increased by 600%

This is a FACT from Michael Moores "Bowling for Colombine" which very much shows me how the american government uses scare tactics to make its people buy more protection for themselves (taxed -> wealth)...infact 80% of all households now have a gun in america!

Showing that "The war is at your door" also helps to justify the anormeous amount of money the amrican government use on warfare and KILLING PEOPLE!

Enough of me...

Sincerely

Luke

Honestly, It sounds more to me like kids calling in a fake bomb threat to get out of class ...... or maybe just for the "fun" of it.
Scotty Too Hotty
To answer your question:
scorpio wrote:
Forgive me, but did that guy who was run over, die?

Yes he did die. He was pronounced on the scene. It really hurt a lot of people. i live in an area of appx 12000 people. So we are kind of a tight knit community. Big enough to have some nice luxories, but everyone knows everyone.

Everytime i take a cab home from a club it seems to be his father that is driving and he always asks me if i knew his son, and to which i reply yes i did. Its been really hard for a lot of people to take.

But it has also really put into perspective the racial (language) antimosity that there actually is in teenagers and adults alike.

This kid ruined his and someone else's life out of what...absolutly nothing.

Sorry small rant there.
Scorpio
Blaster wrote:

Both of your stories are bad. I am glad i dont' live there.

Also heady its monday. Did you here anything about it. Was there really a bomb. Is there still a heady? *goes to check msn* Ok he is fine. Unless that is his mom Rolling Eyes

Yeah there is a heady.

I saw him live. so I must assume he is alive Very Happy

@Scotty: That is quite disheartening.Sad Which region of canada do you live?
Rmgk
....hahah prank

One time a girl did that at our school....

Guess what happned to her

1. she called it in from HER OWN mobile
2. The police tracked it down
3. Her parents were forced to pay $50,000 for the bomb squad charges and everything
4. She spent one year in juevanile detention

And all we got from that was 1 hour off school...

some prank
heady233
Hi everyone, there was no bomb and yesterday we had an assembly with the whole school and our principal said that a paper was droped in front of a classroom that said.
Annoying Little Paper wrote:

There will be explosions at North Side at noon on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Two first graders found the note and gave it to their teacher. On saturday the Bomb Squad came and told us that there was no bomb. They're now looking to find out who didn't. Everybody in my class says I did it because I go down to the first grade hall every day. But I didn't do it. And yes, I'm still alive. Don't worry.
Scotty Too Hotty
scorpio wrote:

@Scotty: That is quite disheartening.Sad Which region of canada do you live?

Sadly enough i live in a small region, in atlantic Canada, New Brunswick to be more exact (on the east coast). Like i said tight knit community, but it gets worse and worse every year sops are kinda corrupt to but that is some what irrelevant to this
Mamsaac
does it happen very often at the US? I've never heard of a bomb thread in a school in my country (mexico). I would find it very scary, to be in my school and then have to leave for a bomb thread. It's like school shoots (columbine for example), they would also scare me, HARD.
Blaster
Mamsaac wrote:
does it happen very often at the US? I've never heard of a bomb thread in a school in my country (mexico). I would find it very scary, to be in my school and then have to leave for a bomb thread. It's like school shoots (columbine for example), they would also scare me, HARD.

We probley get it more because we are a bigger nation and at war. We are in a scary time of life now and we just need to be careful. Most bomb thearts are people that want to get out of school. It would be easier to just pull the fire alarm. And when they find you will just get suspended. This kid could go to jail.
Eyre
Lots of people in our country also don't understand what it means to have freedom and take it for granted. They don't know what it feels like to live with suicide bombs and terror attacks every day. They think that just using a bomb threat isn't going to hurt anyone, but it does.
The_Gamer294
thats all they gave out? there should be more info about it especially to the students.. it is your school