FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Waters marks

Ohsakm
What is the best software to make waters markas? If it is posible I prefer free software
photographerguy
check out http://www.dpreview.com

look in the mac forums or the pc forums. do a search for watermark.
lots of information.
brad31337
Photoshop.. I know its hardly "free" but it is by far the best out there for ANY and all photo editing
Ohsakm
brad31337 wrote:
Photoshop.. I know its hardly "free" but it is by far the best out there for ANY and all photo editing

I have Photoshop, but I don't know how to use it to make a water mark
ocalhoun
Ohsakm wrote:
I prefer free software

The GIMP! It's the open-source equivilant to photoshop, and has versions for most OS's.
http://www.gimp.org/
All you'd have to do is:
1: open image
2: make a new layer
3: paste watermark image
4: lower opacity of 2nd layer
5: flatten image
6: save image
ashik
You have a point there. If you want free software for this I'd suggest GIMP. You'll also find some tutorials and good documentation at GIMP's website if you need them
photographerguy
Photoshop or Gimp works well. I just wanted to let you know that there is freeware availiable that will let you select a batch of images, pick the font type, size, opacity and put it in the lower/upper left/right corner with just a few clicks. I personally find it easier than doing the layer method in an image editor. Especially when I have multiple images. I just set up 3 versions, black, white, red text and use whichever color looks best for each photo.

I think picture-shark is the one I use for Mac OSX.
There are a few different availiable for Mac and PC.
varun_dodla
If you want to watermark images then there is nuthin better than Photoshop as previously said and if you want to watermark video clips then Windows Moviemaker must be the choice. Its free and also easy to work with.
ocalhoun
varun_dodla wrote:
If you want to watermark images then there is nuthin better than Photoshop as previously said and if you want to watermark video clips then Windows Moviemaker must be the choice. Its free and also easy to work with.

Yeah, I used to use that free version of photoshop all the time. Not very legal, but it worked great.
Juncal
Ohsakm wrote:
What is the best software to make waters markas? If it is posible I prefer free software

Do exist a software to create watermarks? Sounds like useless (no ofense) But you can use any graphic software to create a watermarks. There are a few ones (Not free) but VERY unexpensive and so powerful and you can work with vectorial files, to create ANYTHING you want, and of course watermarks in just 4 steps (no layer work needed)

R2.

PS: I can help you, with a sample.
Eyre
yeah do it in Gimp. It's free. Read my tutorial in the tutorials section.
Donutey
Once you've made a watermark, you can use phpThumb (google it) to insert the watermark into each picture automatically.