FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gif Animator Software

cheeta
Hi I am looking for any Cool but easy to use Gif Animation software to make Gif images... once again if i google it through up lots of result, so pls suggest any software that u have used or seen in action or know, has a good and easy interface...

for example i want to make banner or aminated buttons... etc...

please help...

thnx...
atholas
I'm not an artist myself, but a friend of mine who is very into graphics uses Animation Shop 3 quite a look. I tried it myself and found it quite easy to use. I'm not quite sure how powerful it is, but have a look at that.
Scorpio
If you are looking for GIF animator alone, you can go for Ulead Gif Animator or CoffeeCupGif Animator.

You can find them at www.download.com
Shake
Would you like a LARGE program, or a minimalist one? You could go pay for something like Adobe ImageReady or Jasc Animation Shop if you need a ton of features, or you could just use Microsoft GIF Animator to slap a few frames together.

I have ImageReady, and Animation Shop 3, as well as Microsoft GIF Animator. Out of all three, I would use Microsoft GIF Animator for a small image like an emoticon. If I was making a larger file, I would probably do it in ImageReady. I only used Animation Shop 3 for an image or two, then I found it useless. I wouldn't recommend paying for ImageReady or Animation Shop. Unless you have another means (like a friend who can get you it for free), just try out Microsoft GIF Animator.

All of these large, boxed versions of imaging programs just make me feel like I'm paying for a bunch of features I will never use. Things like adding crappy dropshadows or dissolve transitions that I would rather design myself. You should go ahead and try the free programs first to see what you really want first. Often times you will not need to pay for an imaging program.
faker_phil
Just use fireworks or photoshop, those can do anything and make it look good. Its not a mini program, but still, you wont feel as newbish doing it Wink
Lilystock
Hi,

I need to do a 145x60 banner, animated.

What should I use for this ?

I would prefer a freeware and use to get to it (less than few hours as I'd like to be able to have something for tomorrow morning...).

My banner would be very complicated, just 3 images that I already have, more or less.

Thank you for your help !
Dj Redrum
^^^

If you would also want to make a banner than animate it, it would be best using photoshop 7+ . im not sure if you would be able to get a free version though, guess you can have a look on there website and see if they offer a demo version.
bgbg
gimp has the ability to create animations.
In addition, there is a tool "gifsicle" http://www.lcdf.org/gifsicle/, which is an excellent command line animation creation program for any *nix. (Unix/Linux/*BSD)
varun_dodla
I suggest using photoshop to get ur key frames(as layers) done and then jump to Imageready to finish the animation. This is quite good at animations.

My avatar on the left and the sig below were done using photoshop + imageready.
lpclimber
I quite agree with Shake!
Try some free smart software !
ashok
Ulead GIF animator Smile it rocks.. Wink i use it for most of my animation purposes..
selim06
Shake wrote:
Would you like a LARGE program, or a minimalist one? You could go pay for something like Adobe ImageReady or Jasc Animation Shop if you need a ton of features, or you could just use Microsoft GIF Animator to slap a few frames together.

I have ImageReady, and Animation Shop 3, as well as Microsoft GIF Animator. Out of all three, I would use Microsoft GIF Animator for a small image like an emoticon. If I was making a larger file, I would probably do it in ImageReady. I only used Animation Shop 3 for an image or two, then I found it useless. I wouldn't recommend paying for ImageReady or Animation Shop. Unless you have another means (like a friend who can get you it for free), just try out Microsoft GIF Animator.

All of these large, boxed versions of imaging programs just make me feel like I'm paying for a bunch of features I will never use. Things like adding crappy dropshadows or dissolve transitions that I would rather design myself. You should go ahead and try the free programs first to see what you really want first. Often times you will not need to pay for an imaging program.

Yeah I'm currently using it and it's pretty good i think...
Juncal
I´ve been using Xara and its a pretty cool UNEXPENSIVE software to create graphics (vector) edit pictures (plug ins availables), gif animation, and rollover buttons. EVERYTHING in just one program, pro quality result.
Xara rocks!

R2.
corey
bgbg wrote:
gimp has the ability to create animations.
In addition, there is a tool "gifsicle" http://www.lcdf.org/gifsicle/, which is an excellent command line animation creation program for any *nix. (Unix/Linux/*BSD)
I think that it should be mentioned that Gimp is free and open source (under the GNU licence) so it will always be free. Its powerful and comes in a flavor for almost any operating system. Then, you can use it for all your images.
Eyre
Quote:
I think that it should be mentioned that Gimp is free and open source (under the GNU licence) so it will always be free. Its powerful and comes in a flavor for almost any operating system. Then, you can use it for all your images.

Yes. Gimp can be used to do GIF's, BUT you have to download the GAP (Gimp Animation Package) to do it. It's free as well but it works. I"ve stayed away from it because i've never been good at animation Razz. I wouldnt know if it's very good for gifs, but i'm sure it's worth a shot.
Lilystock
I have GIMP, but I didn't know about GAP... Guess I'll have to look for it then Wink

Thank you guys !
CyanEyed
if ur looking for a freeware animator try "anigif" its free, useful and a lot easier to use than AdGif (commercial). I made the animated eyes in my sig with it. its designd for creating animated cursors but can make gifs swf (flash) and a fair bit more. check it out.
Ironz
well depends on what you want.

if u want a fast and easy program where you just add the pictures and the gif animation will come out, i recommend this one: GIF Movie Gear.

it's a very simple and easy program whithout all those messy additions and it outputs small gifs suitable for the net.

the site is: http://www.gamani.com/

and if i may add, it's a small download also.
f.e.m
Animation shop 3 and ImageReady is good and professional programs for making animations.
However, if you only want to make simple gifs, GIF Movie Gear is the best choice
shalpin
I don't think you need the Gimp Animation Package to make an animated GIF in GIMP, it just offers some extra facilities for making animations. Here's some quick instructions for how to make an animated GIF in GIMP (they are for Unix, but work for Windows too): http://www.csb.yale.edu/userguides/image/moviemaker/anim_gif.html

Another option might be Serif DrawPlus - you can use an older version of the program for free once you have registered. The software is old, but well written and is the best free software that I've seen that does tweening. Tweening is where you supply the start and end frames of an animation sequence and let the computer work out all the in-between frames.
jipmerite
I came here just out of curiosity from a link in another topic. But I'm glad I did. You guys have really put some useful information here. Suddenly I am inspired to do something unique with my avatar on the left...

But... I am not really artistic... Sad so any ideas what I can do with the image I have here?
shenyl
You can use unFREEz which allows you to drag and drop several gifs files to form your animated gif. It is freeware (free) and it is easy to use. Only draw back is it does not provides tweening as in Firework, etc (these are not freeware).

You can get the software from www.webattack.com > Freeware > Animation Tools.

There are other tools there as well.
Nikkori
Macromeida Flash can make GIF images, it hink..
Philip
Nikkori wrote:
Macromeida Flash can make GIF images, it hink..

yup, that;s right but macromedia doesnt have enough easy like other software have..

try Swish Max, it have many2x gud movement to create flash, but i think it can export to gif files maybe Smile
novisdesign
I would first make your graphics in photoshop, then send it to image ready and use your graphics with the frames, its pretty easy.
alkutob
you can try selteco bannershop gif animator ...

Download it from here ...

http://www.seltecodownload.com/bsga.php

it is very simple to use and easy
nivinjoy
Iam surprised to see the gif animations that all of you have done.I would like to appear my photos one after the other as a gif animation....I hope you have understood what i meant?!!What i mean is that many photos,say six of them appear one after the other as a continuous loop inside a square block or in a circular disc shape.Those who have understood what i meant,might have got the idea now itself...So help me to do so and tell me how to do so.....
saurabh.sauron
i think imageready is powerful enough for animated GIF's...
shenyl
Reply to nivinjoy.

Animated GIF is GIF format files.

If you want to drop several photo and make them appear one after the other - THESE PHOTO IMAGES must be in GIF format (not JPG format).

Secondly, they must all be of same pixel size (e.g. 300 x 200 pixels).

You can then use unFrez software (which I have recommended earlier). This software is freeware, and can be gotten from www.webattack.com.

Hope this help.
cybernie
I am using Image Ready... it's really cool and easy... but as said above, you need to have all the images on the same size, then save it in GIF format since animation does not work on JPG/JPEG...

GIF Animator is also good and easy... that was the first animation program I used in creating ramdom images... there are freewares available on the net, try them and look for one the would give you the result you want...
jimbluey
Try using Image Ready... then if u want to make a GIF from an movie use.. Virtual dub to capture the pictures..
TSpiralP
I think photoshop can make GIF's but I still dont know how to do that
myspace
TSpiralP wrote:
I think photoshop can make GIF's but I still dont know how to do that

You got to work with timelines and layers.
To export layers or animation frames as individual SWF files (ImageReady)
Do one of the following:
Choose File > Export > Layers As Files. If you’re exporting only specific layers, select the layers in the Layers palette before you choose the Layers As Files command.
Choose File > Export > Animation As Files. If you’re exporting only specific frames, select the frames in the Animation palette before you choose the Animation As Files command.
In the Export Layers As Files dialog box, under File Options, click Browse (Windows) or Choose (Mac OS) to select a destination for the exported files.
Enter a name in the Base Name text box to specify a common name for the files.
Set the Save Options.
You can export and save animation frames as individual files in a variety of formats. In Photoshop, you can export animation frames as files in PSD, BMP, JPEG, PDF, Targa, and TIFF formats. In ImageReady, you can export animation frames as files in GIF, JPEG, PNG, WBMP, and SWF formats.
In ImageReady, you can assign different format settings to individual frames or one format to all exported frames. Frames are named automatically as they are saved. You can set options to control the generation of names. All format settings are saved with your ImageReady document for convenience when using the feature again.
Choose SWF from the Format menu under Format Options and set the options for your SWF files.
Click OK.
I hope this helps. Wink