FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

sound cards

NuniPio
i have 2 sound cards (usb and pci) i wanted to know if theres a quick way that i can change which one is being used?
Bones
Plug the speakers into the other one??

I would expect problems with 2 sound cards because the pc is expecting only one, and some applications may get confused and not know which one to use or use both at the same time.
Though I've never tried 2 soundcards at once so what do I know.....
NuniPio
Bones wrote:
Plug the speakers into the other one??

I would expect problems with 2 sound cards because the pc is expecting only one, and some applications may get confused and not know which one to use or use both at the same time.
Though I've never tried 2 soundcards at once so what do I know.....

no actually what happens is only one sound card works at a time.. unless..

well i actually want to have my speakers on the pci card and headphones on the usb so to get both going i have to play music with media player for example and then while the music plays i have to change my sound card through control panel and use a different application to play another source of music and i can get both sound cards running that way.. i just wanted to know if theres an easier and more efficient way as if i close media player and open it again the sound then gets routed to the usb card and plays on the headphones... so anybody got some suggestions??
redice
I had meet this problem when I use USB phone device( The device actually an USB sound card and an USB storage device). If I had have a sound card installed, the system will have two sound devices. Some software give option to choose what device to use, but not all did this.

For software that did not have option to choose which sound card to use, It may be cause error when run on some early notepad computer, because it may both have a sound card and a voice modem (which will be detect as a sound card in M$ windows system).
NuniPio
redice wrote:
I had meet this problem when I use USB phone device( The device actually an USB sound card and an USB storage device). If I had have a sound card installed, the system will have two sound devices. Some software give option to choose what device to use, but not all did this.

For software that did not have option to choose which sound card to use, It may be cause error when run on some early notepad computer, because it may both have a sound card and a voice modem (which will be detect as a sound card in M$ windows system).

yea im using it on a pretty new system (bout 10mths old) and im running windows xp pro