FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Use Embed Instead





dwcnps
Instead of using
Code:
<bgsound src="yoursoundhere.mid">

for a backround sound, use
Code:
<embed SRC="yoursonghere.mid" height=60 width=144>

The webpage veiwer will have more control over the sound if you embed it with a plug in.
Your Media Player will appear when you veiw a page with an embeded plug in sound file.

[edit]sorry, you must have

Code:
AUTOSTART="false"


at the end of the tag to stop it from playing on startup, misread something, sorry.[/edit]

Thankyou...

If you'd like any more information on plug ins, just ask me.

I also think benjad knows lots about the basics of web design Smile .
Kamu8recon
hey dwcnps thanks for the tip. i been trying forever to put a song onto my page (im a newb to this). and your tip helped. thanks!
dwcnps
Kamu8recon wrote:
hey dwcnps thanks for the tip. i been trying forever to put a song onto my page (im a newb to this). and your tip helped. thanks!


No Prob Cool
jeffsolodky
Thanks for the tip.
Scorpio
If anybody so much does not care about xHtml compatibility, then you can use this

Only the "object" tag is xHtml compatible, not the embed tag
dwcnps
I'm not a big XHTML fan so listen to the post above!

And jeffsolodky is welcome!
Scorpio
dwcnps wrote:
I'm not a big XHTML fan so listen to the post above!



I never said you are a fan.

I just said that, only those who dont care about xHtml should use this and not the others

Funny how you misinterpret it
dwcnps
scorpio wrote:

I never said you are a fan.


I never said you said I was a fan.

I just said to all the readers to listen to you if they want it in XHTML scorpio.
mistuh griddlez
I don't know for sure but shouldn't you add the </embed> tag after it?

(I don't ever embed stuff so i don't know if i'm right or not.)
Kamu8recon
dwcnps wrote:
scorpio wrote:

I never said you are a fan.


I never said you said I was a fan.

I just said to all the readers to listen to you if they want it in XHTML scorpio.


hey dwcnps,
dont mind scorpio his life is based on looking up posts and trying to get into your head by posting something stupid. he's done this on many other posts and im just curious as to why he doesnt get a warning or something from the admin. just ignore him.
dwcnps
mistuh griddlez wrote:
I don't know for sure but shouldn't you add the </embed> tag after it?

(I don't ever embed stuff so i don't know if i'm right or not.)


No, you don't need to have the </embed> tag after it.

Kamu8recon wrote:

hey dwcnps,
dont mind scorpio his life is based on looking up posts and trying to get into your head by posting something stupid. he's done this on many other posts and im just curious as to why he doesnt get a warning or something from the admin. just ignore him.


Laughing OK, I see, ignore scorpio, thanks for the explanation.
Kyoushu
this is a pretty useful tip, but most of the times sites with embedded music aren't to good.
Bengt
Kyoushu wrote:
this is a pretty useful tip, but most of the times sites with embedded music aren't to good.

yeah indeed Very Happy
dwcnps
It's just an extra nedded if you're site needs a finishing touch.
Related topics
*OFFICIAL* Which Browser do you use?
How Spyware Works!!!
The worlds shortest and laziest Mambo tutorial.
If Hardly Davidson made Computers instead of Motorcycles...
I Need some good ideas for my home page.
Signatures with Flash embeds ?
Add Contextual Search to Your Blog
SMU2:: Brilliantbeauty's Graphic shop!
Melatonin instead of coffee?
Inserting WMV onto page
.htaccess instead of mod_rewrite
XHTML, HTML and standards
Adding music to my blogspace
Video Streaming
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Webmaster and Internet -> Design Tips

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.