FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Video Page on my Site

NjRocket
Hey guys, I set up the videos page on my website and it seems kind've dull to say the least. Heres the link www.topsportlinks.frih.net/videos.html , If anyone has any suggestions to how to make the selection more professional looking, let me know, something needs to be done. The only video up so far is the Dane Cook, the first one.
kazza
I don't think you should highlight the text whenever someone scrolls over the links. Maybe just change the colours of the text links or even provide a small box preview pic for each link. Or even have the pictures of the videos links themselves. Perhaps use regular font rather than bold and I don't think they have to be italicised.

Hope this helps
LukeakaDanish
If you want professionalism...make it the same width as your headr and links...and change the font...an entire paragraph in BOLD looks kinda excessive. Also i dont like

The preview thing is a good idea, however i think you should keep the highlight...it looks ok to me...

If you want to make you page more "fancy" you could give your text a shadow...follow this link, where i have posted a tutorial on it, if your not sure how to do it...

Luke
GB
Underlined text means a link. Don't underline text that isn't a link.
LukeakaDanish
GB wrote:
Underlined text means a link. Don't underline text that isn't a link.

You read that in a textbook somewhere im sure...

But i dont agree...at all...users arent stupid...they can tell if somethings a title...and they wont try to click it...

However dont underline IMPORTANT PARTS of the text as they will look like links
Simulator
Well if ye want a flash player for your vids that you can change the colour of, try uploading them to my site video.simandsim.com then use the embed player for it. You could also try and get a site template from oswd.org