FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Papa roach

Mr. McCoy
Any of you guys who knows about the band Papa roach?
I think they fantastic and the music is just heaven ;D
They have made many great numbers-
Scars
Getting away with murder
Time and time again-
So how many of you, like this great rock/punk band?
Ray Salamon
Mr. McCoy wrote:
Any of you guys who knows about the band Papa roach?
I think they fantastic and the music is just heaven ;D
They have made many great numbers-
Scars
Getting away with murder
Time and time again-
So how many of you, like this great rock/punk band?

They're an "alright" band in my book... I have Infest, lovehatetragedy and Getting Away With Murder from them. They have some catchy riffs here and there... all-in-all though, nothing "great", but not too bad either. IMO, of course.

-Ray
cghq
sorry Sad only listened to that one song that they had.... what was it called? "I'm losin my sight, I'm losin my mind, I hope someone will tell me im alright?".... that one, yeh it was a prety good song but i think papa roach is one of them "one hit wonders"
bonestorm74
I bought the first album and thought it was ok, but haven't really listened to anything from them since then.
achene
theyre ok, but i think their music gets boring after listening to them for a while.
Moey
I'd say that the song "Scars" its pretty insane. I've heard a little more from them, but that track probably their best song.
schudder
cghq: they're definately not a one-hit-wonder band. Ok, they've only had 1 or 2 BIG hits, but they've had a lot of songs enter the Billboard top 40 (and stay there).

I've heard all of their albums, but I especially liked their last one.
edallica
yeah they were good when the type of music was in but it dont really mean anything anymore htat type of music
vexation
cghq wrote:
sorry Sad only listened to that one song that they had.... what was it called? "I'm losin my sight, I'm losin my mind, I hope someone will tell me im alright?".... that one, yeh it was a prety good song but i think papa roach is one of them "one hit wonders"

The song with the lines you're talking about is "Last Resort" ... And they're not a one hit wonder b/c they've had multiple songs in the Top 40...

Papa Roach is OK...I'm not the biggest fan of them but I don't hate them...They're err allright
stowesa
I like them they have alot of good songs. Also, they have a very interesting music video, Its the one with the party.
tingkagol
bonestorm74 wrote:
I bought the first album and thought it was ok, but haven't really listened to anything from them since then.
cghq
sorry schudder, agreed.. since my last post i have listened to a lot more of their songs.. Quality
Nutteloos
It's good to listen to once in a while... I love it when making homework. Though it wouldn't even cross my mind to just do nothing and listen to Papa Roach... no thanks. There's a load better bands around.
achene
In my oppinion Papa Roach is really boring.

I hate most Nu Metal and Papa Roach just seems to be far away from my musical taste.

- Achene
Srs2388
They have changed a lot really. The 'newish' song that's out now doesn't really sound like his style.
chartcentral
Papa Roach is loud, but I love "Last Resort" and "Scars", very catchy! Smile
JoshuAAR
I enjoy a little bit of Papa Roach every now and then. I only have one of their albums, 'infest' - which of course features one of their most well known songs 'last resort'. I do like this song, and it is pretty fun to play on guitar! I like the guys voice aswell, its pretty strong.

Other than I don't find them that special, good for a listen every now and then, but in my books thats where it ends.
croboy
last resort ftw
gugusm
I used to listen to them a lot. Now I don't, but they have some really nice songs. Personally, I liked all 'lovehatetragedy' album and most songs from 'Infest'.
Nutteloos
Every now and then I listen to a couple of songs from either album gugusm mentioned. The others are mostly not my style, I often find the vocals too harsh.

Papa Roach is a 'good, but not too often please' kind of band for me, really.
JaneLane
They Are Pretty Good, I Don't Own Their Albums But I Have Heard Them All, They Are Pretty Good.

Gonna See Them Live In August, They Are Opening For The Crue.

I Love Their Song Forever Smile
Kunkstar7
IMO, they are a decent band, not spectacular though. My favorites are Scars and Last Resort.
Forky
I started to listen to them like a year or two ago and i love them!!! ♥♥
i didnt really start listening to them until i went to a concert and they were in it. lol

it was in lima, ohio and it was Buckcherry, Papa Roach, and Hinder!!
they were amazing performers...except the mosh pits arent tht funn...they hurt lol.

it was realllyy kool!!! ♥♥♥♥ Smile