FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Facebook.com

What do you think of facebook.com?
It's Great!
37%
 37%  [ 13 ]
It's OK
28%
 28%  [ 10 ]
It's a waste of time
34%
 34%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 35

Nigeria
For the past few months Facebook.com has been giving college students problems. I've been to the site and I dont see why people are so interested in this service.Take my poll and tell me what you think of Facebook.

http://facebook.com

Nigeria
ocalhoun
It's a lovely idea, but in order to be really usefull, nearly everyone in the world would need to have an account there, which would have a good chance of crashing their server.
SunburnedCactus
Word on the grapevine is that it is going to overtake Myspace in terms of popularity, but I can't see that happening as it lacks the amount of financial backing.

I'm reluctant to sign up, especially after reading their (non)privacy agreement and what they do with all your details.
jabapyth
never heard of it
alkady
This is similar to Thenamedatabase or what ever it's called, This thing works by referral and is a weird service. I myself don't get the concept. Plus it's not a good idea if you consider the fact this database can also connect your foes which in turn can deceive you into becoming their online friend under a false alias in turn will haunt you later on with what you say to them before you realize the truth.
jveezy
Facebook is great for college students. Great for communication between students.

With college students, everyone's close to the same age so you don't get the whole pedophile thing happening like with Myspace.

There's more restrictions with Facebook. Page layouts are standardized so you don't get people going absolutely nuts with their profiles and god awful backgrounds and stuff.

It's basically like Myspace but cleaner, easier, and less lunatics.

But it is useless if you're not a college student.
Jayfarer
It's really best for student-centric activities. MySpace has a broader appeal, but Facebook has the advantage of not letting users make long-loading, tacky, annoying profiles. It's like a more mature, intelligent version of MySpace exclusive to students.

I appreciate some of the things they do, like allowing students to advertise their campus events on the site, or allowing unlimited photo galleries, and hope it continues to grow.
colilon
It is nice, though the areas are really limited, and you can't really have the whole world sign to the site so, only OK.
TeenZine
I think its a great idea for local friends sure it wont have every one in the world. I am an admin to R.m.t (Rate my teachers.com ) which is it's sister site. it rocks however i havent personaly tried facebook (i think its called.
RoughitforGreen247
Facebook has a lot of appeal, especially in schools where it gets a good hold. In my high school, i would guess that about 75 to 80 percent of the students there have facebook. The fact that its based around school communities gives it a great jumpstart to taking over student internet communication.
johnnycake
for a tight knit social network, facebook is great
hard to find people long lost though
that's where myspace comes in
soldeinvierno
I like it. It's specially useful to keep in touch once school is over. And also it's great to find that telephone number or address easily
Talk2Tom11
i feel that facebook is definitely better then MySpace. It is very addiction but i do feel that it makes me waste a lot of time. I find myself going onto facebook everyday and then after a few minutes i wonder why i even logged in.
zanzou
I agree that it's best for students-- at my university, if anyone has something online, it's either facebook, or something else AND facebook.

:/ Even though I'm not a huge fan of the picture based blog-type sites, it's good for what it is.
Serafina
Facebook is cool, it's really more amongst people you know at your school.

People are severely addicted to it for the most part. I can't really understand. : /
jon724
Everyone around me has a facebook account. It has grown so much that it is quite amazing. The service is good, and i havn't had any problems. There is just a slight problem when people abuse their right to say anything and start any group they like. I think that they should watch over it better and mantain it with more attention. I have heard of some cases of people being suspended because of what they have said so i have learned to be more cautious when it comes to joining groups that could be taken offensively to some people. Our school also banned facebook so that ticked off a lot of people but there is nothing in our power that we can do. Facebook is just going to come and go like a lot of the other blogging services. Im sure that a better service will come out soon and with that, the arisal of these issues again.
rheanna
it's different site n/m.. Embarassed
urbanbuddha
I notice in the computer labs at my school, most of the students are browsing around on facebook. At first, I didn't want to make an account. No, really! I was very against it, despite a few of my friends begging me to join. I didn't really see the point, as I have a friendster and hi5 account that I NEVER EVER use. I'm really happy with my livejournal too.

However, I ended up joining out of curiousity. I don't use it to blog, that's for sure. It's more of a networking system. I know a lot of people from my school that use it and I find it useful that you can add in your course load for the year and see who else is in your class. Also, I was able to find a bunch of people from highschool and elementary school (I was originally from a small town) who I had lost contact with. =D
darvit
jveezy wrote:

But it is useless if you're not a college student.

Meh, too bad, they gave in and opened it to non-college students... and so anyone with an email could join. Sad Wait a little bit more, and if Facebook doesn't watch out, it could end up being as trashy as MySpace. Confused

I still won't join Facebook because I have too many social networking accounts that end up as spam targets. Sad
Dragonfly
I don't mind if I'm the owner of the site.. lolz... I voted it is good... however I don't use it... I think this is basically for students in the United States. It is an awesome way for them to connect one another through facebook... the homepage doesn't look great just like Orkut and others...
zanzou
urbanbuddha wrote:
I notice in the computer labs at my school, most of the students are browsing around on facebook. At first, I didn't want to make an account. No, really! I was very against it, despite a few of my friends begging me to join. I didn't really see the point, as I have a friendster and hi5 account that I NEVER EVER use. I'm really happy with my livejournal too.

However, I ended up joining out of curiousity. I don't use it to blog, that's for sure. It's more of a networking system. I know a lot of people from my school that use it and I find it useful that you can add in your course load for the year and see who else is in your class. Also, I was able to find a bunch of people from highschool and elementary school (I was originally from a small town) who I had lost contact with. =D

I was so against joining it, at the beginning, too.... It took a girl inviting me from half the country (Canada) away for me to give in. :) It's really good for keeping in touch/getting to contact people from ages ago, I agree-- I went to a different high school than any of the people I went to grades JK-8 with, so it's good for that. :]
mschnell
ocalhoun wrote:
It's a lovely idea, but in order to be really usefull, nearly everyone in the world would need to have an account there, which would have a good chance of crashing their server.

What are you talking about? "In order to be really usefull"? It is really useful for what it's designed for. If it wasn't it wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is. Almost every college student I know has an account on it.
surdy
Yeah too many social networking sites have come up lately . They seem to be the most IN thing these days. Well , i mostly use Orkut as i've been on it for a long time. I did find Facebook better than many other such sites.

Anyways the idea is good.
rafifaisal
Well i think it is a total waste of time...
No way this site should be put on Frihost to promote
chastise
Facebook has definitely made my stalking much more proficient. I personally think facebook is a great and useful website if you want to reunite with old friends, or get in contact and stay in touch with new ones. The site also seems very safe and secure.
cavey
I do not trust Facebook with my secrets. But for me that went to school several places in my country, it's a great way to stay in touch with old friends that is spread all over the country. :)

I think of it as a interactive addressbook. Or a "webring" of real life acquaintances.
djcaution
facebook is so awesome!! It's amazing at how good that site is at re-uniting people with people they havent seen or heard of in years i.e. old high school buddies. It whoops myspace's butt
bigdan
I have both MySpace and Facebook accounts. It is kinda of useless unless you have a really local network and still have access to your university email address. I managed to make a major dick of myself on Facebook because of this...I'll tell you later...
cosmicx
For me, Facebook.com is another social website...anything special about it? Are those social network will be the next generation of hype in the Internet world? Very Happy
djcaution
Quote:
I'll tell you later...

later? when?? you cant just leave us hanging like that! Wink