FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Stress tips

Wynand
Stress tips

Does anyone have good stress tips?

What can you do to sleep better under a lot of stress? Etc…

What do you do when you are under stress to get some relieve?
girlinjapan
I literally force myself to think of something else. Whatever it may be. Like when I get into bed I tell myself "I am not going to review through all the questions I had gotten wrong on my practice-exam. Instead I shall think of unicorns and Soviet Russia!" It works for me. Smile
photon
well i first do some deep breathing... focusing on your breath makes you feel more relaxed.. after that, i meditate for about 5 mins, only telling myself that im not going to think about the things that make me stressed out.. then go directly to sleep Smile
rhathar
I usually stay up all night working on a website or some other nitpicky thing like softcode or organizing a community thing or something.

Soon, it's 4 AM, my mind is full of code, numbers and useless trivia and I have no idea what just happened to the last 6 hours.

Then, I can go to bed with only my website to worry about and now I'll fix the newest problem.
Davidgr1200
Go for a run or do something else that requires physical activity. After a while your body will start releasing endomorphins into the blood stream and this will make you feel more relaxed. You'll probably also get tired which makes sleeping easier!
pjv
Do something else.

I mean, do something that is light, something that you don't need to think deeply, something that relaxes your brain and your body like swimming.

Hope this helps Smile
essentialmedia
Swimming is a good relaxation technique. Or you can try going to a yoga class, that works well also.
nilsmo
Try being completely still for the longest you can. You'll see that you'll start concentrating about being motionless instead of stress.

Also, make sure you exercise.
jabapyth
rhathar wrote:
I usually stay up all night working on a website or some other nitpicky thing like softcode or organizing a community thing or something.

Soon, it's 4 AM, my mind is full of code, numbers and useless trivia and I have no idea what just happened to the last 6 hours.

Then, I can go to bed with only my website to worry about and now I'll fix the newest problem.

ya same here
The_Gamer294
throw stuff burn stuff smash stuff hit stuff
alkady
It really depends on whats causing the stress? I'm presumming your life is stressing. So what you should do is find a solution and then sleep. That what I do to relieve myself of stress.
filet
Shopping. Yeah shopping do wonder for me in de-stressing.
Long hot bath. Bubble bath. Pour some lavender essence.
Hmm what else, watch romantic/comedy drama or movie.
shwetanshu
listening to music helps me a lot
thuggy-rec
shwetanshu wrote:
listening to music helps me a lot

yeah, that helps.
try do something that you can infer ...
do something you like,
visit sites,posting on forums, ...
viceless
i believe the number one form of stress relief is excercise, but video games are the best in my opinion. a good FPS can do wonders.

but if you have someone to do it, get a good long massage with some good/calming music in the background and you'll melt. ^_^
[FuN]goku
i get stressed easily.... i hate it..... Brick wall
Helios
I never felt stress.
Everyone says I have nerves of steel.
Even now, there are 3 days left to yet another very important and big exam(electronics.. i have to finish some subjects) and I feel no stress at all Neutral
mceejaydee
Breath in and out and keep doing that until your stress is gone.
rainynightstarz
i just keep telling myself, everything will work out when i get up. so i must sleep now to work better later

its kinda silly, but works
joshdifabio
I am constantly stressed at university. We always either have coursework due or exams coming up, i think it effects my sleep quite badly.
Pablo Diablo
I always find a smoking a gange cigarette helps to calm me down and help me sleep. I usually smoke it one to two hours before going to bed.