FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Counter Strike 1.6

airek
I cant believe a thread hasnt been started about this yet. CS is my first and only FPS love. <3 me and my friends lan cs and travel all over PA winning 1.6 tournies.
thuganomics
CounterStrike 1.6 is getting old, but 50000 peoeple still play it =\
Im pretty good at it if i feel like playing, im was in Cal-M...
How about a scrimmage? =)
Timoses
Lol, I suck at CS1.6
I never really played it. Bought it when the release of HL2 was about half a year before.
So I never got into CS1.6
I suck at CS1.6, am alrighty good at CSS. Even though I haven't played it for
a pretty long time :s. Think I should again once in a while.

But it's boring to start playing CS1.6 now. There are just these super duper
ber guys who hs everybody somehow (not with aimbot )
Matte52
I love ca 1.6! But i have just buy Counter-strike:Source, and i most say that this game take down 1.6. The weapons is much better and so on, but it is hard to go direct from 1.6 to Source becuse the graffic is tottaly diffrent!

Sorry for my bad english, not very good at that part Very Happy
faker_phil
Old, classic, gfx are not that good anymore, but still rocks!

I am taking a break right now, but playing CS1.6 will always be fun...
exarkun
CS 1.6 requires not only your most valuable skills, and the cooperations of your teamates as well. And that is what I like most. I liked to use the knive to back-stab people more. Wink
jostor
Personally I've never played, simply didn't happened. I've played source on a LAN with friends, and I understand why people like it, but I've just never got to play it myself.
Nice game though...
quanmai
I love playing Counter Strike when i was in high school,
and now im 24 i still playin it.
hehehe, if some one in here play it in steam let me know. Smile
thuggy-rec
my steam was hacked,
now i am banned Crying or Very sad
and i swear i never cheated.
i didnt play cs in 2 months an now i am banned Sad
Archetype
I went out and bought Counter-Strike 1 Anthology a few months ago, and it was super cheap. It was something like $19.99, and it came with a lot more than I expected. I was happy to see that DoD came with it, as I have always loved that game.

Before I uninstalled it, I really only ever played that, and Counter-Strike: Condtion Zero. I never really got into 1.6, because some of the people online are just stupid. I opt to play CS:CZ with bots. At least they can't be immature little brats. Laughing
Kai
Ah... CS, my brother would travel every where doing CPL won a grand prize $50, 000 crazy .. I personally am only cal-i but its still a fun game btw there are many topics made about cs just there old
Insanity
I never got Source because of my super crappy computer, but now that mines is better now, I'm thinking of switching from 1.6 to source.
rusayub
I sure that in the nearest future CSS becoome much more pupular than CS1.6. Css has better graphics and fascinating gameplay.
photon
cs 1.5 > cs 1.6 > css

no doubt the graphics in css rox!! but the gameplay sux! it may get better with more patches though Wink
Kai
I hate soarce. Better graphics? Pft. They look cartoonish. Not to mention the gun fire is weird, when you run its weird, its harder to aim. Hard to spot campers. So many bad things..
Ghost Face
Kai wrote:
I hate soarce. Better graphics? Pft. They look cartoonish.

Well, I don't know where you got "cartoonish" from, but I know you sure as heck can't count the polygons as opposed to most other games.

Kai wrote:
Not to mention the gun fire is weird, when you run its weird, its harder to aim. Hard to spot campers.

Yeah, Steam tends to incorporate realistic themes in their games.. unlike Bungie. If you want perfect aim while running then get skill, or go play Halo.

Kai wrote:
So many bad things..

Yeah, I know. It's like when you shoot a guy in the head, he dies! WTF!? It's not like the head a vital part of the body or anything... Oh wait a second...
faker_phil
Rofl, nice post gostface Wink , true thing about halo..

I really don't know what you're talking about kai...

pff, yea why the hell is it harder to aim while running...
...have you ever tried holding a 20 lb gun steady while running or climbing ladders?!?

Think before you post, man...
meb09
thuganomics wrote:
CounterStrike 1.6 is getting old, but 50000 peoeple still play it =\
Im pretty good at it if i feel like playing, im was in Cal-M...
How about a scrimmage? =)

some people never will stop playing that game they are fans and i am one too i like counterstrike 1.6 its the number one action game

i have source too
trueintensity
omg if it wasnt for the haxxx i would still play any/all of the CS series. I used to play in the cal-o for a bit but my clan sucked and pubbing got boring when so many ppl would vector with one another...
DeathPact
personally i believe after 1.5 cs has gone on a decline, 1.6 with steam was the worst thing i've ever seen in cs, i couldn't get a steam account because my half-life cd-key was 2 years old and back then sierra didnt print unique cdkeys but double-printed some. Thus my cdkey was taken and i had to rebuy half-life all over again. Condition zero was just a botted 1.6, whose bots i have to admit didnt even play well, unofficial bots were better most of the time.
faker_phil
DeathPact wrote:
Thus my cdkey was taken and i had to rebuy half-life all over again.

Must've been hard times, Half-Life costing 10, 15 bucks... Wink
ignitionnight
I hate this game so much yet I can't stop playing it. I hate the people on there who talk smack, and think that their CS prowess somehow makes them cool when in all reality it probably makes them uncool. Whatever though, I can hold my own most of the time. I need to find a better way to occupy my time though.
DeathPact
faker_phil wrote:
DeathPact wrote:

I live in europe and the price here is 25 euros, abit more than 30 bucks i think. That adds up to a total of 60 just to be able to play counterstrike from home. That's like 5 months of wow membership...
faker_phil
DeathPact wrote:
faker_phil wrote:
DeathPact wrote:

I live in europe and the price here is 25 euros, abit more than 30 bucks i think. That adds up to a total of 60 just to be able to play counterstrike from home. That's like 5 months of wow membership...

Yea I just saw that, too. I live in Germany and until recently you could still buy pure HL for 5, 10 Euros. Then they brought out the "Anthology" and raised the prices...
looksbad
Im a counter strike sourcer for life Smile ive been playing since before valve bought counter strike source.. that probly version 1.1 or something *dam its come along way since then!*

Im also into RTS games as well used to be #1 on AOMTT (age of mythology the titans)

And as for the other person who said thre 1.6 was hacked and they got banned.. same happened to me Twisted Evil

So i bought HL2 and css came with it and since i loaded CSS i havent touched HL2 Cool
hErockZ
i play cs1.6 too and i like it Very Happy
its so funny, to play with some friends and use nice strategies xD
tyronne
if your account has been hacked you can always play cs using hamachi... It tricks your game into thinking your internet is actually lan
Vocael
airek wrote:
I cant believe a thread hasnt been started about this yet. CS is my first and only FPS love. <3 me and my friends lan cs and travel all over PA winning 1.6 tournies.

Omg, i'm so glad i joined this forum. I play CS1.6 for like 1/2 years, i started my own team, and my mission is to go and win tournaments! Maybe we could have a chat.

-Vince
Guelila
exarkun wrote:
CS 1.6 requires not only your most valuable skills, and the cooperations of your teamates as well. And that is what I like most. I liked to use the knive to back-stab people more. Wink

And a lot of experience IMO Very Happy (maybe this is considered as skill but anyways..)
notaznatall
Hmmm Post Your Cs Exp?

1 year

Leagues?
XPL CAL-O M

OGL

Resolution?

600x800

fps_max?

Interp On?

Off Slows down comp and makes it choppy.
Hanpusu-kun
Counter Strike is probably the worst game I ever played.
and it has made the word "Gamer" to a... yeah... pretty common word thats linked to CS.

and i hate all the damn things like ROFL, LOL GLHF and so on ;____;
redyns3535
get cs:s
fuzzproductions
Now that i have source i hate the old cs
vohne
lol, 50000 people? you guys are clearly misinformed. Counter - Strike was the biggest game online, and if I'm not mistaken, it still is. To date, it still has more than a million players around the world. Lol, come to the philippines and you will find half of those.

Jeez, I already had my 5 posts, but looking at that made me want to post one more.
tyrant
Lol, firstly i personally believe CS : 1.6 was the best version ever released. I find source too graphic intense for my liking and some of the realistic actions are too realistic for a fun loving game like Cs Wink.

Picked up CS last year and was hardcore for that year, pretty much thrashed most of em , execept the PRO PROs. Artic I LIKE Very Happy
mireno
Velmi dobra hra ale skoda, ze som v nej taky slabi Sad
mireno
Obdivujem tych co sutazia profesionalne.
mireno
Very good game, I am in she so syllable. Smile
mireno
Admire those which contest professional.

Go,go,go!
mireno
Fiha toto je moja 5 sprava
Farhad
I started playing CS before it got officially endorsed and published as a seperate product. You guys remember that? Those were the days! Everyone was new at it, you had hit twitch animations so you could tell when you hit someone easier. I kept playing it through up to CS 1.6, it was so great, I missed the hit-twitches for a while but then got over it.

With CS:S, I believe CS just lost something essential. First of all the sounds were muted down. In the old CS 1.6 you could play stealthy and hear people coming around corner and adjust your plans, with CS:S the footstep sounds are so muted you'd never hear anyone coming even around the corner. Which kinda diluted the strategy for me and made it more run and gun.

In CS 1.6 you also had more predictable weapon fire, you guys remember firing the AK-47 the first time? As you played more and more you got more into it until you mastered the burst fire to perfection and scored countless headshots easily, through skill and experience. With CS:S that's gone, its competely unperdictable, you can't master and predict the weapon fire as much.

And then there are just stylistic touches that the game lost, I remember getting a headshot really meant something, that water melon explosion of blood, the enemies body just thrown backwards. It was fulfilling and really awesome to witness. CS:S took that away, even though it has ragdolls I thought the scripted animiations of CS 1.6 were really cool, especially the one I mentioned. Also CS 1.6 showed bullet impacts much more clearly then CS:S, like the smoke puffs and such, the metal richocet, the blood splat and so on.

Overall over time playing CS:S i realized that it's just become Quake with real life weapons more and more. I mean its far more often now that people gun and rush then anything else. Before hand I remember long rounds as guerilla and stealth tactics were employed. In CS 1.6 one of my fondest memories was being left alone countless times outnumbered by a large enemy force, i'd start to sneak around keeping my ear open for any sounds. Hearing someone approaching I'd take stance behind the door, let them pass and either shot them in the head or creep up and knife them.

Am not bashing CS:S totally, I mean it's still okay. But I just feel it had lost some essence it had back in CS 1.6. One thing that was really bad with CS:S is the support it has been getting from Steam, I played CS:S beta with the pre-order of HL2, and the FPS at that time were nigh on high like poop off a shovel, I remember 100 FPS constant. Then as the patches came out for various things the FPS would go up and down. At first I could play the game at 1400 by 900, all details on high with 6X AA, but then I would have to take it down a notch, then another notch, then it became totally unplayable, then suddenly one day it was smooth all over again, then the next it was unplayable. It was a constant ping-pong.

Various people on the Steam forums told me to try various things to solve the problem, I tried a few but nothing changed. Then someone told me to competely format and re-install everything. Which is totally uncalled for and drastic considering the game was fine before the various small patches came out for it. Finall I just had enough, stopped playing CS:S moved to DOD:S and then to Battlefield 2, which now is the staple diet of gaming for me (though it has its own share of problems).
zlang
wow,the game is great,i play it everyday ,so interesting..... Laughing
TSpiralP
haha 1.6 is chill, i was in cal-im for quite a while last year, thats when i was really starting to play. I still pub it up but its not as fun as clanning and joining the community.
Garga
Counter strike 1.6 very old game but Lots of players play this game(Me too) Because this is very exciting nd funny.
blinddeafmute
1.6 is so much better than source for competitive play,,plus boosting is much easier,,unfortunately VAC sucks really bad so until the promod comes out a lot of 1.6 competitors are movin on to sourceplay...
Scott
I love CS 1.6, I've always enjoyed it a lot more than Source. I'm not really sure why. I'm not very good at CS, and I don't play competitively, but it's fun.