FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Grades in =Stress ++ or ?

Saber
Well, I just foudn out my grades and I did a lot better than I thought I would. And in a fit of joy I am typing this post(I did a lot better than I thought I was doing).

Now I have a few questiosn for you guys:
1. Is it more stressful to:
A. Know/think about the grade your going to get?
B. Know that the time to tell your parents/guardian your grade?
C. other

2. If you find out that you did worse than you thought, what do you do?

3. If you did better than what you thought, what do you do?

4. Has anyone else felt the erge to tell random people that they did better than they thought they did for grades?
Wynand
I would go for C, because it is more stressful for me to actually write the test of exam than to get or tell the results.

Quote:

There really is nothing you can do but to work harder the next time. You can also learn from your mistakes. Remember one thing: the grades what you get is not what you are!

Quote:

I usually feel very good about myself and thank God that He helped me in the test.

Quote:
4. Has anyone else felt the urge to tell random people that they did better than they thought they did for grades?

Actually, yes. You need some recognition for the hard work you have done and there is nothing wrong with that.
Helios
Quote:

You shouldn't "imagine" the grade you're going to get.
The simple thing that I remember I did was to approach the teacher and ask him questions from the exam, that way I just knew my grade before I got the real grade(most of the times I was right) <- this gives you some time to prepare for the "shock" ^^

Quote:
C. other

You should never worry about your parents' reaction!
They are not who you're studying for.

Quote:

Calm myself and aim for improving in that subject.

Quote:

Girlfriend and beer. Rolling Eyes
Or just beer.
Depends on the level of happiness.

Quote:
4. Has anyone else felt the erge to tell random people that they did better than they thought they did for grades?

Lol, sure you wish to tell people, it's normal.
IMO, you only should tell people who in your opinion will want to hear about it Wink Like parents or close friends.
tidruG
Answer to question 1 depends on the test in question. If I know that I have done the test badly, I think the answer's A. B may also play a part depending on how much my parents were expecting me to get in that particular test.

If I ever found out that I did worse than I thought, I'll just be in a lousy mood for a while, then get over it and try to be better prepared the next time around.

Nothing.... I'd just be much happier, and much more hyper.... probably funnier because of the hyper-activity, etc...

No, I haven't felt the urge to tell random people.... but I would tell people who my grade mattered to, or who are interested in my academics.
AJ_Partow
These are my answers...
Now I have a few questiosn for you guys:
C. other
B for me because when I got the bad grade I just end up stayin at the edge of my room and thinking ill go in the next minute then when that minute comes I changed my mind and keep on going since I used to be scared of getting in trouble. I think the best way is just to go once you got it so they learn to trust you

Make sure you learn from your mistakes and NEVER let it happen again, I actually think its good for something bad to happen since you see the consequences and you learn from it.
Celebrate!!! Make sure your parrents admire your achievement i.e. get big headed and brag.
Yes, You deserve the credit.
selim06
Quote:

I think it's really stressful to imagine what you will get!Parents can be relaxed but i can't!
Quote:

i can cry for it reely.But i think i study more but if the 2nd exam i again get a bad mark i won't study anymore.
Quote:

"Thank you GOD" Very Happy i study much not to be suprised in the exam again and deserve with chance!
Quote:

Yes many of my friends...They think they will get 45 percent of succes but they took 70 percent of success!
edit1:Sorry i had forgotten using Quote codes..Just added.
valkyrie-heavens

- Well id problem have to breath real deep tp try and calm myself, and work harder. I can be an over achiever or I can be a slacker. I go a bit fanatical with both. I'd definitely work myself harder though.

- sleep all weekend.

- all the time... im just so proud of myself.