FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Did the Big Bang just happen or did God make it happen?





DeFwh
All throughout my life I have heard several versions of how the Earth was created. Out of all of them the two that seem the most correct are:
1.
Quote:
The Earth was created by the Big Bang, which is the scientific theory that the universe emerged from an enormously dense and hot state about 13.7 billion years ago.
2.
Quote:
God created the Earth in 6 days and on the 7th God rested.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The big Question question Question is was the Big Bang part of Gods plan or did the Big Bang create God also!

Big Bang Article
Religous Article


Did the Big Bang just happen or did God make it happen?
livilou
My opinion:

God spoke the words and "BANG" it happened. Very Happy
a_dubDesign
my beliefs are that God created the earth, and all the scientific proof we have points to God creating it through the Big Bang theory.
nam_siddharth
1. Big Bang created the earth.
2. Evolution created humans.
3. Humans created God.
doomz
from Big Bang theory, I've a simple question... to ask
GOD first or SPACE first. ???
Tex_Arcana
In Wiccan mythology; thr God and Goddess mate and the Goddess gives birth to the Universe. That's what I call a really big BIG BANG.
Arnor
nam_siddharth wrote:
1. Big Bang created the earth.
2. Evolution created humans.
3. Humans created God.

In my opinion:
1. God started things
2. Big Bang created by god, created the universe, and thus, the earth
3. Evolution created humans.
4. Humans not created, but discovered God.


God is a way to understand things you do not understand.
God is a force to turn to, when you're over your head and need consolation.
God is a thing that cannot be explained by logic.
God is good.

Some things arn't supposed to be explained, in my opinion. We do not need to understand all thats good, we only need to learn how to act like it.
ocalhoun
doomz wrote:
from Big Bang theory, I've a simple question... to ask
GOD first or SPACE first. ???

Genisis 1:1 wrote:
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

'Nuff said.
TwinkleCarnage
Quote:
1. Big Bang created the earth.
2. Evolution created humans.
3. Humans created God.

I'm going to have to completely agree with this. I mean really, there is too much bad in the world for a god to exist. People created an omnipotent being so they can feel that they are not alone or that everything happens for a reason or that it's god's will or blah blah blah. And all those religious fanatics just keep going along with religions like sheep. BAHHH..... Oh well, that's life. Smile
death_dealer
look god is there dont need proof but there is like i mean look at the way you are created from a seed or look at your body..........etc..............etc.................etc
Whong
DeFwh wrote:
All throughout my life I have heard several versions of how the Earth was created. Out of all of them the two that seem the most correct are:
1.
Quote:
The Earth was created by the Big Bang, which is the scientific theory that the universe emerged from an enormously dense and hot state about 13.7 billion years ago.
2.
Quote:
God created the Earth in 6 days and on the 7th God rested.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The big Question question Question is was the Big Bang part of Gods plan or did the Big Bang create God also!

Big Bang Article
Religous Article


Did the Big Bang just happen or did God make it happen?


Well first of all, did the big bang really happen, I dought! Idea
But if it really did, then it happened by God's command!

Yet I don't believe in the big bang theory, I think it is too far fetched! Idea Exclamation
the_mariska
Whong wrote:

Well first of all, did the big bang really happen, I dought! Idea
But if it really did, then it happened by God's command!

Yet I don't believe in the big bang theory, I think it is too far fetched! Idea Exclamation

Yeah, I guess the idea that God created the world in 6 days is far more believable. Cool Do you have any better idea how did it happen? If not, you should suppose it was Big Bang, at least until the scienitsts will find out something more about this.
death_dealer
Quote:
Whong wrote:

Well first of all, did the big bang really happen, I dought!
But if it really did, then it happened by God's command!

Yet I don't believe in the big bang theory, I think it is too far fetched!

Yeah, I guess the idea that God created the world in 6 days is far more believable. Do you have any better idea how did it happen? If not, you should suppose it was Big Bang, at least until the scienitsts will find out something more about this


I have a lesson for sience thay DON'T have all the answers but have almost tricked the hole world into believing thay do!!!!!!!!!!!!
TwinkleCarnage
death_dealer wrote:
Quote:
look god is there dont need proof but there is like i mean look at the way you are created from a seed or look at your body..........etc..............etc.................etc

Yeah, the example you just named, is backed by science. You should look into it. Laughing
The Conspirator
Nothing happens in a vacuum, there is always a preceding cause even when we don't know what that cause is. But it is a mistake to assume that some divine force made it, people use to think that thunder, lightening, rain, earthquakes, plegs, storms and many other things were created and controlled by the gods and later God. They were wrong, we now understand the causes of these things, now we know its not divine forces its simply nature.
death_dealer
Quote:
death_dealer wrote:
Quote:
look god is there dont need proof but there is like i mean look at the way you are created from a seed or look at your body..........etc..............etc.................etc


Yeah, the example you just named, is backed by science. You should look into it.


ofcouse thay where all backed by sinence but truth is that althought it was science that showed us this it was god that had created them it was god who had made you and I how we are

futher more it is true science is important to our knowlage that we are capable of obtaining today yet also science must show that it don't have all the answers. What I'm saying is that we all are blind followers of sience hay I'm intrested it manythings it has to offer, but it knows so much an still it knows not so much more

Quote:
Nothing happens in a vacuum, there is always a preceding cause even when we don't know what that cause is. But it is a mistake to assume that some divine force made it, people use to think that thunder, lightening, rain, earthquakes, plegs, storms and many other things were created and controlled by the gods and later God. They were wrong, we now understand the causes of these things, now we know its not divine forces its simply nature.


hahahahaha

I laugh at this. True that we now know that earthquakes happen couse and whatever happens couse. Truth said god can make these things happen in an instant yet god has allowed us to witness the couses becouse god made 1 thing make another happen. Also if you look research the saying's hadith if you will of Mohommed ( s.a.w.s) there you may find that longer then 1400 years ago he knew the way that a child is born the prosses it gose throught plz research this
picsite
I believe a combination of the two....that god controls science and created the big bang to make the earth and it solidified etc in 6 days and then god added the final touches himself....
Soulfire
1. God exists, has existed, and will exist.
2. God could have created the Big Bang, we really can't tell
3. The earth was created
4. Humans discovered God after He sent His Son.
a_dubDesign
Soulfire wrote:

4. Humans discovered God after He sent His Son.

what about all of the Old Testament?
The Conspirator
Quote:
hahahahaha

I laugh at this. True that we now know that earthquakes happen couse and whatever happens couse. Truth said god can make these things happen in an instant yet god has allowed us to witness the couses becouse god made 1 thing make another happen.

You missed my point, when an earth quake struck an area people use to believe it was the action of God or the gods, it a person was struck by lightening people use to think it was cause God or the god of thunder made the lightening strike him. We now know the causes. Now when an earth quake happens, people don't think it was Gods doing, they know it was the movement of a fault.
Its not there fault, people back then didn't really have anything else to go on. But now we know the causes, and we know that they were mistaken for thinking that were mistaken for thinking that God caused the black death and that when Mount Vesuvius erupted that its was a natural geological event and not the doing of the gods. So learn from there mistakes, don;t assume anything is of a divine origin.
death_dealer
Quote:
Quote:
hahahahaha

I laugh at this. True that we now know that earthquakes happen couse and whatever happens couse. Truth said god can make these things happen in an instant yet god has allowed us to witness the couses becouse god made 1 thing make another happen.

You missed my point, when an earth quake struck an area people use to believe it was the action of God or the gods, it a person was struck by lightening people use to think it was cause God or the god of thunder made the lightening strike him. We now know the causes. Now when an earth quake happens, people don't think it was Gods doing, they know it was the movement of a fault.
Its not there fault, people back then didn't really have anything else to go on. But now we know the causes, and we know that they were mistaken for thinking that were mistaken for thinking that God caused the black death and that when Mount Vesuvius erupted that its was a natural geological event and not the doing of the gods. So learn from there mistakes, don;t assume anything is of a divine origin.


ofcouse we know now the precider taken but still can you not say that it is the doing of god. Ofcoures, there is theroyies and facts yet eventhought thay still lead back to god

i.e the way you and I where born
The Conspirator
Mo it leads to the unknown, thats not the same as God.
Don't be so eager to point to the God when it come to the unknown.
death_dealer
Yet for the big bang to happen there must have been something that had atlest kept a trace of what came before. How can althis lead to something unknown ok ill give ya proof of god creating the univers

if u where to put 10 marbals in a bag that are numbered 1-10 the chance of them coming out 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 in that order is something lik 600/1 so how about the earth being where it is

by the end of the day thr proof is in the puding and the pudding in this case is u and I and every thing around us
The Conspirator
Quote:
Yet for the big bang to happen there must have been something that had atlest kept a trace of what came before. How can althis lead to something unknown ok ill give ya proof of god creating the univers

if u where to put 10 marbals in a bag that are numbered 1-10 the chance of them coming out 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 in that order is something lik 600/1 so how about the earth being where it is

by the end of the day thr proof is in the puding and the pudding in this case is u and I and every thing around us


The odds of winning the lottery are vary little yet people win. There are over a 100,000,000,000 stars in galaxy and over 100,000,000,000 galaxy's, thats 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars.
If the chances that a star will have planets is 1 in 100, the chances that that planets is the right distance in 1 in a 100, the chances of the planet being the right size is 1 in a 100, the chances of a planet forming life is 1 in 100 and the chances of intelligent life forming is 1 in a 100
that 100 to the 5th power, 10,000,000,000.
10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
10,000,000,000
Compare the numbers,
A lottery of 6 number, 1 through 39, that 39 to the 6th power, that make the odds of winning 1 in 137231996679. Yet people do win lottery's like that. Did God make them win? No, and theres nothing special about those who win such lottery's ether, enough people play, some one will win. Theres way more than enough stars and planets, just cause earth hit the lottery doesn't mean some God had a hand in it.
death_dealer
I understand your point but hear you go

How did the Big bang come to be?
throught eneargy now I ain't no scientest or nothig just a 16 yr old but I have heard that enargy needs a source what was the source of the big bang

Also if there is no god that means no Adam no Eva witch will mean that man derived from ape of monkey or what ever it is, thereby concluding that we would be primitive couse we had learnt from a primitive being thereby saying that there is no way that man can advance to the statice that we are at now
The Conspirator
Quote:
How did the Big bang come to be?
throught eneargy now I ain't no scientest or nothig just a 16 yr old but I have heard that enargy needs a source what was the source of the big bang

I don't know, I know of a few theory's but those are just that theory's. I don't know what happen to Amelia Earhart ether not do I know were Jimmy Hoffa is buried nor do I know (or understand) why people what crap like Surviver and 24. I don't know allot of things and I;m not going to assume that some divine force is involved in anything of it.

Quote:
Also if there is no god that means no Adam no Eva witch will mean that man derived from ape of monkey or what ever it is, thereby concluding that we would be primitive couse we had learnt from a primitive being thereby saying that there is no way that man can advance to the statice that we are at now

First of all, we didn't evolve from ape or monkeys. Apes humans and monkeys evolve from a common ancestor.
Fallowing that logic, even if we came from Adam and Eve we would have never invented the wheel, the sword, the granary guns, the steam engine, the internal combustion engine, the jet engine, computers and the internet.
livilou
Needless to say, I believe that God created the Earth and everything on it and around it. As far as the big bang theory, it's not impossible. God could have done it that way. In the bible it states that to God, one day is like a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.
opsdaddy
I have an uncle with a Ph.D in Chemistry. We have had healthy debates on this very topic for years. Lately though, I've come to realize that perhaps there isn't a real debate regarding this topic at all.

The apostle Paul talked about seeing the world as "through a glass darkly." We all do. Science, it seems to me, is the language by which Mankind tries to understand the universe. Being man-made, it is flawed, needs revising now and again, and new revelations cast away old understandings. True Christianity is no different: I am not suggesting that Christ's teachings change, but our understanding of them grow, as new scholarship sheds new light on Scripture.

I think what is sad is that the words "Christian" and "science" have become, for so many, mutually exclusive. Early and notable scientists, like Sir Isaac Newton, Louis Pasteur, Samuel Morse, Sir Francis Bacon were Christian scholars AND scientists as well. How is it that we can't seem to be able marry these concepts together in our "modern" world? Just a little food for thought...
livilou
opsdaddy wrote:
I have an uncle with a Ph.D in Chemistry. We have had healthy debates on this very topic for years. Lately though, I've come to realize that perhaps there isn't a real debate regarding this topic at all.

The apostle Paul talked about seeing the world as "through a glass darkly." We all do. Science, it seems to me, is the language by which Mankind tries to understand the universe. Being man-made, it is flawed, needs revising now and again, and new revelations cast away old understandings. True Christianity is no different: I am not suggesting that Christ's teachings change, but our understanding of them grow, as new scholarship sheds new light on Scripture.

I think what is sad is that the words "Christian" and "science" have become, for so many, mutually exclusive. Early and notable scientists, like Sir Isaac Newton, Louis Pasteur, Samuel Morse, Sir Francis Bacon were Christian scholars AND scientists as well. How is it that we can't seem to be able marry these concepts together in our "modern" world? Just a little food for thought...


Very well spoken.
nam_siddharth
livilou wrote:
In the bible it states that to God, one day is like a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.


How is it possible? Shocked
Is God weak in calculation?
If 1 day of God=1000 yrs of earth
Then how is it possible that
1000 yr. of God=1 day of earth?

One more question:-
Bible was written of humans, then why God used days and years of Heaven?
PoetsIncorporated
It seems that people don’t believe that God created the world because there is no physical evidence that he did so. People trust science because we can plainly see and quantify what is discovered. It is difficult to believe that God is not the driving force behind the mechanisms of creation, because the evidence is only there for those mechanisms in and of themselves. However, isn’t it equally incredible that those mechanisms and the matter they act upon exist in and of themselves? Scientific explanations, at some point, come to a dead end. One cannot legitimately chastise believers in God’s hand in creation due to lack of concrete, physical proof of his action or existence when there is no concrete, physical proof of his inaction or nonexistence.
the666bbq
oh yeah, god made it happen, he was suffering from internal gasses from eating a very bad curry with kebab "meat", saucage and beans, black paella normally for tourists only, all-you-can-eat-for-1-euro-chinese and a bucket of Heineken. He was trying to use the potential power of the gasses as energy but he couldn't hold it any longer with the very well known consequences...
The Conspirator
Quote:
It seems that people don’t believe that God created the world because there is no physical evidence that he did so.

Thats not true, people believe that God made the universe cause they believe in God and it doesn't matter what the evidence says they will continue to delude them selfs and believe in God. Hindus believe there God created the universe (yes God as in 1 God, the various Hindu gods are just different aspects of the same supreme bing), the ancient polytheists believes with out a don't there creation myths just as those who fallow different religions believe there creation myths despite the lack of evidence for the existence of there God or gods.
wannabdoc
Quote:
In my opinion:
1. God started things
2. Big Bang created by god, created the universe, and thus, the earth
3. Evolution created humans.
4. Humans not created, but discovered God.


God is a way to understand things you do not understand.
God is a force to turn to, when you're over your head and need consolation.
God is a thing that cannot be explained by logic.
God is good.

Some things arn't supposed to be explained, in my opinion. We do not need to understand all thats good, we only need to learn how to act like it.

haha... amen to that.
i pray that people will come to know Him and experience Him eventually...
He is our comforter; strength; hope and peace.
The Conspirator
Quote:
He is our comforter; strength; hope and peace.

Yet throughout history over 99% of all who has lived has gotten comfort, hope, strength and peace with out God.
It makes you think, maybe all that is coming from you, you just giving god the credit.
webcola
Well, to start, I would like to say that there is no possible way to know (for sure) that the universe, or life, was started by neither God no big bang. I assume no one actually witnessed the creation of the universe, so all these statements about the spawn of the universe are just theories.

Some may say that god could not create the universe nor humans because he never existed, but how would they know if god never existed in the first place? If he was just a "made up symbol" then why do many people believe so strongly in him?

If energy cannot be created nor destroyed, where did the energy (matter) come from? You can't have an explosion from nothing.

One things for certain, that the universe is definately older than 8000 years Very Happy
Bondings
webcola wrote:
If energy cannot be created nor destroyed, where did the energy (matter) come from? You can't have an explosion from nothing.

This is only valid for our own universe. Before the big bang (if it happened, of course) the universe didn't exist and hence the current laws of nature didn't apply to that situation.
webcola
Bondings wrote:
webcola wrote:
If energy cannot be created nor destroyed, where did the energy (matter) come from? You can't have an explosion from nothing.

This is only valid for our own universe. Before the big bang (if it happened, of course) the universe didn't exist and hence the current laws of nature didn't apply to that situation.


Then where did the big bang come from?

I know you can't answer it with a definate solution, but I'm just curious Very Happy
Soulfire
It could be, it might not be - there's insufficient evidence for either theory, so for the time being, I think we're at a stalemate.
Bondings
Well webcola, a god doesn't solve the 'first cause' problem. If everything needs to be caused by something else, then it's the same for a god.

Secondly, some things are not caused by anything else. You can take a complete vacuum and randomly (not caused by anything in this universe that we know of) some very small particles may appear for a very small moment (Heisenberg uncertainty principle). Don't get me wrong, those energy changes/particles are measured and one of the fundaments of quantum physics. They do have a probability of happening, but not a cause.

Also, the big bang caused our universe, including time. Without this time, 'cause' as we know it, isn't necessarily needed.

There used to be a quite popular theory of a big crunch followed by a big bang, and this going on infinitely. The theory has been abandoned mostly though.

Then there are quite a lot of theories about our universe being some sort of vacuum fluctuation.

And then you have the string theory and universes/big bangs being created by collisions of strings or something similar. However this one is way too difficult for me. Wink

Anyway, as you see there are a lot of theories about the cause of the big bang and it will take a lot of time before enough evidence is found to really support one of them.
The Conspirator
webcola wrote:
If energy cannot be created nor destroyed, where did the energy (matter) come from? You can't have an explosion from nothing.

We don't really know that. As of our currant understanding of the laws of physics, no it can't but from Newton to Einstein, to quantum physics our understanding of the universe has changed and what was once believed possible later became imposable and what was considered imposable later became possible.
It can be possible that under certain conditions energy can be created. Not out of nothing of course but under certain conditions more energy comes out than goes in.

Quote:
If he was just a "made up symbol" then why do many people believe so strongly in him?

Why do Hindus believe in there God so strongly, why do pagans believe in there gods so strongly? Why do people believe that the color of your skin, hair, eyes and sexual orientation determins how god of a person you are? People will beleve anything with a passion no matter what it is.

Bondings wrote:
And then you have the string theory and universes/big bangs being created by collisions of strings or something similar. However this one is way too difficult for me.

I beleve what you mean is a colition of two branes not strings.
Whong
I just believe what the Bible says!

I don't know how God created the world, but I believe He did create the world!


Wink
Bondings
The Conspirator wrote:
Bondings wrote:
And then you have the string theory and universes/big bangs being created by collisions of strings or something similar. However this one is way too difficult for me.

I beleve what you mean is a colition of two branes not strings.

Probably, yes. Isn't it that a string is a one-dimensional brane?
Edmonds
I cant say I agree with the chaos theory, that the big bang "just happend"

But I dont agree with the seven day schedual either.

I'd have to think that something or someone is out there pulling some strings around. How it all started is might only be completely understood by him/her/them/it.

A wise man once said...."The first step to true knowledge is realizing that you have none."
s43ros
God was there, and created the earth in 6 days. However, the bible does not specify the length of one day as God sees it. Since He is omnipotent, and omniscient(spelling?) he could have one day be as long as he wants. But I believe that He created the Universe and what we call the Big Bang Theory is what he used to make it. Maybe it was just an accident, maybe He heard a funny joke, slapped his knee, and poof the universe was made.
Whong
s43ros wrote:
God was there, and created the earth in 6 days. However, the bible does not specify the length of one day as God sees it. Since He is omnipotent, and omniscient(spelling?) he could have one day be as long as he wants. But I believe that He created the Universe and what we call the Big Bang Theory is what he used to make it. Maybe it was just an accident, maybe He heard a funny joke, slapped his knee, and poof the universe was made.


Excuse me, but God intended to create the world! It wasn't any mistake!

KJV Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

It doesn't say that the earth was created, it says that God created it, so in that sense it is not a mistake!

I don't believe the Big bang theory, but I don't really know what the truth about this!

Well, when I get to heaven I'll ask God and He will for sure tell me how did He do it! Wink Idea
Simulator
nam_siddharth wrote:
1. Big Bang created the earth.
2. Evolution created humans.
3. Humans created God.



100% Behind you, its human nature to try and understand what we can't so we create things that aren’t real, and can't be explained to cover up our own stupidity of what we can't explain in the first place, hence:

Can't explain how the world was created, so we create God, who did, and down the line its turned into a religion by people fulfilling "the prophecy"
Whong
Simulator wrote:
nam_siddharth wrote:
1. Big Bang created the earth.
2. Evolution created humans.
3. Humans created God.



100% Behind you, its human nature to try and understand what we can't so we create things that aren’t real, and can't be explained to cover up our own stupidity of what we can't explain in the first place, hence:

Can't explain how the world was created, so we create God, who did, and down the line its turned into a religion by people fulfilling "the prophecy"


O boy, I'm 100% against you, how in the world do you think that the big bang happened, I don't even believe that!

W people think about God because we inside ourselves know that there is a stronger power ruling this earth! That power is God!

Have you considered what will happen to you/where will you be after you have died! Where do you think you'll be, or is it just over, that you are no more in existance!

Life is in itself supernatural because we don't have the power to give life, only God has. Now you may want to say that by having sex we create new life, but it is only by God's protection and care that the tzygoot becomes into a baby. And then you may state about cloning, well first of all that is not right because we have no right to go fiddling our little dirty hands with the things that are in God's hands!

So life is given by God who also gave us this World to take care! Idea
The Conspirator
Quote:
W people think about God because we inside ourselves know that there is a stronger power ruling this earth! That power is God!

Is that why? Or are you looking to fill a hole in your life with mythology?

Quote:
Have you considered what will happen to you/where will you be after you have died! Where do you think you'll be, or is it just over, that you are no more in existance!

We just die, there is nothing after death, this life is the only one there is and when the our body's stop working we no longer exist. The same goes for you and everything other living thing in the universe.

Quote:
Life is in itself supernatural

Only if you believe God created life, if you don't, there nothing super about it.

Quote:
but it is only by God's protection and care that the tzygoot becomes into a baby.

Do you know anything about biology?
wumingsden
Whong wrote:
Simulator wrote:
nam_siddharth wrote:
1. Big Bang created the earth.
2. Evolution created humans.
3. Humans created God.



100% Behind you, its human nature to try and understand what we can't so we create things that aren’t real, and can't be explained to cover up our own stupidity of what we can't explain in the first place, hence:

Can't explain how the world was created, so we create God, who did, and down the line its turned into a religion by people fulfilling "the prophecy"


O boy, I'm 100% against you, how in the world do you think that the big bang happened, I don't even believe that!

W people think about God because we inside ourselves know that there is a stronger power ruling this earth! That power is God!

Have you considered what will happen to you/where will you be after you have died! Where do you think you'll be, or is it just over, that you are no more in existance!

Life is in itself supernatural because we don't have the power to give life, only God has. Now you may want to say that by having sex we create new life, but it is only by God's protection and care that the tzygoot becomes into a baby. And then you may state about cloning, well first of all that is not right because we have no right to go fiddling our little dirty hands with the things that are in God's hands!

So life is given by God who also gave us this World to take care! Idea


I'm with Simulator and nam_siddharth on this one. It is proven that the universe is expanding, so for it to expand it surely must of started at one specific point in time in space.

whong wrote:
Life is in itself supernatural because we don't have the power to give life, only God has.


I really have a problem understanding this point of view. How does a atheist have offspring if only "god" can create it ? Atheists' don't believe in "god" so the only other way to look at it is that the atheist also has the "power to give life gave", not just god.

whong wrote:
how in the world do you think that the big bang happened, I don't even believe that!


The "Big Bang" explanation is not just a theory, there is actual scientific prove that one moment in time caused the universe to be created, whereas I see no evidence that one person, god, created a world in which we live in. If god created everything then he also created bad things like the devil (if there is such a thing), drugs, violence, etc. This would also mean that god created things that some selective people don't like such as one's sexuality, ones feelings, etc.

http://www.kopernik.org/images/archive/univage.htm
Simulator
Whong wrote:
Simulator wrote:
nam_siddharth wrote:
---

---


O boy, I'm 100% against you, how in the world do you think that the big bang happened, I don't even believe that!

W people think about God because we inside ourselves know that there is a stronger power ruling this earth! That power is God!

Have you considered what will happen to you/where will you be after you have died! Where do you think you'll be, or is it just over, that you are no more in existance!

Life is in itself supernatural because we don't have the power to give life, only God has. Now you may want to say that by having sex we create new life, but it is only by God's protection and care that the tzygoot becomes into a baby. And then you may state about cloning, well first of all that is not right because we have no right to go fiddling our little dirty hands with the things that are in God's hands!

So life is given by God who also gave us this World to take care! Idea



No offence, but you sound like a person who is lost in a world that you can’t understand, so for answers you turn to faith, if you believe that God is the creator of all, then who created God? And what created the creator of God? And the exact same questions can be asked of science but, not only do we know that the big bang happened, we also know, though the wonders of dark matter, we can pinpoint the exact location in the universe where it happened, these are forms of absolutes and the Bible or the Torah etc, are forms of assumptions, and yes the story of creation was meant to be written by Moses but does he not die in the last book that he writes?
Whong
KJV 1 Corinthians 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

In the eyes of the world we believers of Christ look fools to you who are of this world. I know that I can't change the ways in which you think, but I beg the Lord my God who has had mercy on me to have mercy on you too!

God is the only One who can change the way you think! Wink Idea
Simulator
Whong wrote:
God is the only One who can change the way you think! Wink Idea


Well then why would he let me think that he is part of the world’s biggest scam?
The Conspirator
Quote:
God is the only One who can change the way you think!

If God wonts us to believe in him, why fill the would full of evidence that he didn't have anything to do with the universe of live?
And don't say to test us, hes supposed to be oall knowing.
death_dealer
Hay whong giving verses from the bible aint atcheving anything

but im with you God created the earth

God aint just a human thought if there was no god then over the millions mybe billions of yrs that the perfect universal balance hase been in somthing would happen and would have distroyed the earth yrs ago
The Conspirator
death_dealer wrote:
God aint just a human thought if there was no god then over the millions mybe billions of yrs that the perfect universal balance hase been in somthing would happen and would have distroyed the earth yrs ago

And what makes you think that? The dinosaurs live for hundreds of millions of years before they were wiped out. What makes you think we won't last as long?
Whong
The Conspirator wrote:
death_dealer wrote:
God aint just a human thought if there was no god then over the millions mybe billions of yrs that the perfect universal balance hase been in somthing would happen and would have distroyed the earth yrs ago

And what makes you think that? The dinosaurs live for hundreds of millions of years before they were wiped out. What makes you think we won't last as long?


Because we in our selves are really so weak. If something would hapen in the space, we have absolutely no control over that! If an asteroid would come and hit the earth and the earth would move closer to the sun. We would soon be scorched by the sun!

We have very litle control over anything, the only thing that we can't control atleast a bit is ourselves. You can't control anyone else! Idea
Hobbit
I think at one point of time in earth, there was extreme crime and evil, solution? god. People created gOD to control things. That way if you do something bad, such as murder, you know you will go to hell, or if you're a good person, you will go to heaven, so you have something to look foward. Without this 'faith' people would simply kill and say, "Who cares?! I'm just going to die and nothing is gonna happen!" Basically, people created god so this doesn't happen. BUT, we now live in an advanced, civilized society, where we don't need that faith. We now have law enforcement, and a good life to look foward to.

It should be like this, we do something bad, we go to jail, we do something good and we are awarded with either money or happiness. Instead, we do something bad, we go to jail, and we THINK we will go to hell, or vice versa.

We live in an advanced society where science speaks the truth! We don't need religion or god to control ourselves from crime and other things!!!!
death_dealer
Quote:
And what makes you think that? The dinosaurs live for hundreds of millions of years before they were wiped out. What makes you think we won't last as long?


If god did create dinosores 1st then desimated them what you think it was for can you imagen living with T-rex tigers and lions are bad enough
The Conspirator
Hobbit wrote:
I think at one point of time in earth, there was extreme crime and evil, solution? god. People created gOD to control things. That way if you do something bad, such as murder, you know you will go to hell, or if you're a good person, you will go to heaven, so you have something to look foward. Without this 'faith' people would simply kill and say, "Who cares?! I'm just going to die and nothing is gonna happen!" Basically, people created god so this doesn't happen. BUT, we now live in an advanced, civilized society, where we don't need that faith. We now have law enforcement, and a good life to look foward to.

It should be like this, we do something bad, we go to jail, we do something good and we are awarded with either money or happiness. Instead, we do something bad, we go to jail, and we THINK we will go to hell, or vice versa.

We live in an advanced society where science speaks the truth! We don't need religion or god to control ourselves from crime and other things!!!!

That is complete crap. First of all gods were invented as explanations for natural events, secondly the Jeudo/Christan and Muslim God was invented to control and manipulate people for the gain of a very few.
But mostly, the idea that morality come from some idiot god only exists to demons and marginalise atheists. Al atheists (except mentally ill ones) have morels, I have morels and I don;t believe in god, karma or an afterlife, all atheists know killing is wrong. it is theists that has historically been less morel, just think about all the people who has killed in the name of God. The reason why is simple, religion give them a morel loop hole that can justify murder.
death_dealer
Quote:
That is complete crap. First of all gods were invented as explanations for natural events, secondly the Jeudo/Christan and Muslim God was invented to control and manipulate people for the gain of a very few.
But mostly, the idea that morality come from some idiot god only exists to demons and marginalise atheists. Al atheists (except mentally ill ones) have morels, I have morels and I don;t believe in god, karma or an afterlife, all atheists know killing is wrong. it is theists that has historically been less morel, just think about all the people who has killed in the name of God. The reason why is simple, religion give them a morel loop hole that can justify murder.


excuse me but killing for the sake of god in islam is not going out and doing the things that you see on the news. It's more like what goes on in chechena and the only reason thats happening is becouse Russha wanted to invade it so muslims are fighting in self defence

ancent Islamic wars where also fought for the sake of god to defened where the muslims reached or for help to other countrys such as spain etc...
The Conspirator
You missed my point by a long way. My point was that theists kill more than atheists cause theists use god and religion as an excuse. You know, like in the old testament, the crusades, the witch trials of Europe, the inquisition and yes modern day fundamentalist Muslim militant extremists.
Spe_eddy
Whong wrote:
DeFwh wrote:
All throughout my life I have heard several versions of how the Earth was created. Out of all of them the two that seem the most correct are:
1.
Quote:
The Earth was created by the Big Bang, which is the scientific theory that the universe emerged from an enormously dense and hot state about 13.7 billion years ago.
2.
Quote:
God created the Earth in 6 days and on the 7th God rested.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The big Question question Question is was the Big Bang part of Gods plan or did the Big Bang create God also!

Big Bang Article
Religous Article


Did the Big Bang just happen or did God make it happen?


Well first of all, did the big bang really happen, I dought! Idea
But if it really did, then it happened by God's command!

Yet I don't believe in the big bang theory, I think it is too far fetched! Idea Exclamation

How is this too farfetched? How would you explain it? did God create it? Its the only logical explanation - the only things thats missing is an energy source (even that can be explained) God could have created the Big Bang!
Whong
Spe_eddy wrote:
Whong wrote:
DeFwh wrote:
All throughout my life I have heard several versions of how the Earth was created. Out of all of them the two that seem the most correct are:
1.
Quote:
The Earth was created by the Big Bang, which is the scientific theory that the universe emerged from an enormously dense and hot state about 13.7 billion years ago.
2.
Quote:
God created the Earth in 6 days and on the 7th God rested.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The big Question question Question is was the Big Bang part of Gods plan or did the Big Bang create God also!

Big Bang Article
Religous Article


Did the Big Bang just happen or did God make it happen?


Well first of all, did the big bang really happen, I dought! Idea
But if it really did, then it happened by God's command!

Yet I don't believe in the big bang theory, I think it is too far fetched! Idea Exclamation

How is this too farfetched? How would you explain it? did God create it? Its the only logical explanation - the only things thats missing is an energy source (even that can be explained) God could have created the Big Bang!


God Himself is the energy source, He doesn't need to make the big bang, I don't really know did it happen or not, but one day I will, God willing! Wink
The Conspirator
But you belief hang in one very highly implausible thing, the existence of god and not just any God, the Christan God. Who doesn't exist.
Whong
The Conspirator wrote:
But you belief hang in one very highly implausible thing, the existence of god and not just any God, the Christan God. Who doesn't exist.


The Lord God Almighty exists, and no one can prove he doesn't!

The best proof of God's existance is the Jewish nation, you can read from the Bible and it tells all what has happened to them! All the persicution and hate and all of that! The war of Gogh is near, remember this! The Lord God is, was and will always be! Idea
the_mariska
The Conspirator wrote:
But you belief hang in one very highly implausible thing, the existence of god and not just any God, the Christan God. Who doesn't exist.

It's just as implausible as His unexistence, because you could not prove that He doesn't exist, so please don't be so certain about it Wink

And I don't know why do you differentiate so much the Christian God from other Gods and set them against one another. To me, different forms of religious beliefs are just different forms of praising the same God, and every religion is right if it leads human to this God, in a greater of lesser degree. However, I personally believe, that this God has the most completely fulfilled His message to us by sending here His Son, Jesus. and i think Jesus is not against other religions, Jesus made all of them complete...
s43ros
the_mariska wrote:
The Conspirator wrote:
But you belief hang in one very highly implausible thing, the existence of god and not just any God, the Christan God. Who doesn't exist.

It's just as implausible as His unexistence, because you could not prove that He doesn't exist, so please don't be so certain about it Wink

And I don't know why do you differentiate so much the Christian God from other Gods and set them against one another. To me, different forms of religious beliefs are just different forms of praising the same God, and every religion is right if it leads human to this God, in a greater of lesser degree. However, I personally believe, that this God has the most completely fulfilled His message to us by sending here His Son, Jesus. and i think Jesus is not against other religions, Jesus made all of them complete...


I think that should prove an answer to many questions. There is proof of all the similarities between different religions, especially two the currently hate each other Christianity and Islam, well hate as I can see it. I know there are probably many people who don't really care what religion one person is, just as long as they don't try to force their opinion on you.
The Conspirator
Whong wrote:
The Lord God Almighty exists, and no one can prove he doesn't!

But the burden of proof is on you, If I said there was a 6 foot tall pink rabit in my living room, the burden of proof would be on me to prove its there. If I can't provode real evadence that a 6 foot tall pink rabit is in my living room no one would beleve me and no one should.
The burden of proof is on you and you have no evadence let allone prof that you God exists.

Quote:
The best proof of God's existance is the Jewish nation, you can read from the Bible and it tells all what has happened to them! All the persicution and hate and all of that! The war of Gogh is near, remember this! The Lord God is, was and will always be!

The bible is not a history book, it is a religious text and is unreliable as a history book. Plus the suffering of the Jewish people (up until the idiot Romans) was not unique to them, such suffering was common in those eras.

the_mariska wrote:
It's just as implausible as His unexistence, because you could not prove that He doesn't exist, so please don't be so certain about it

Wrong, as I've said, theists have the burden of proof just as I would have to prove that a 6 foot tall pink rabbit was in my living room. If I can't prove it and you can't disprove it, its far more plausible that it was never there. I can't dis prove God but you can't prove God thus it is fare more plausible that there is no God.

Quote:
And I don't know why do you differentiate so much the Christian God from other Gods and set them against one another. To me, different forms of religious beliefs are just different forms of praising the same God, and every religion is right if it leads human to this God, in a greater of lesser degree. However, I personally believe, that this God has the most completely fulfilled His message to us by sending here His Son, Jesus. and i think Jesus is not against other religions, Jesus made all of them complete...

I'm making a point, if you believe that Zuse made humanity, than not only are you assuming that a God made humanity but a specific god, Ra Thore and any other god would be just as likely.
songsalways
Arnor wrote:
nam_siddharth wrote:
1. Big Bang created the earth.
2. Evolution created humans.
3. Humans created God.

In my opinion:
1. God started things
2. Big Bang created by god, created the universe, and thus, the earth
3. Evolution created humans.
4. Humans not created, but discovered God.


God is a way to understand things you do not understand.
God is a force to turn to, when you're over your head and need consolation.
God is a thing that cannot be explained by logic.
God is good.

Some things arn't supposed to be explained, in my opinion. We do not need to understand all thats good, we only need to learn how to act like it.


First of all, do u believe God exists?
If yes, This BigBang is a part of his grand design.
Otherwise,
God is a part of human's grand design!
Greatking
THE QUESTION WE SHOULD BE ASKING IS WHAT FORCE CAUSED THE BIG BANG. NOW THIS IS THE ANSWER;

"AND THE EARTH WAS WITHOUT FORM, AND VOID; AND DARKNESS WAS UPON THE FACE OF THE DEEP. AND THE SPIRIT OF GOD (FORCE) MOVED UPON THE FACE OF THE WATERS. AND GOD SAID, LET THERE BE LIGHT: AND THERE WAS LIGHT. (BIG BANG)

God created the big bang, thats what I believe.
Bikerman
Greatking wrote:
THE QUESTION WE SHOULD BE ASKING IS WHAT FORCE CAUSED THE BIG BANG. NOW THIS IS THE ANSWER;

"AND THE EARTH WAS WITHOUT FORM, AND VOID; AND DARKNESS WAS UPON THE FACE OF THE DEEP. AND THE SPIRIT OF GOD (FORCE) MOVED UPON THE FACE OF THE WATERS. AND GOD SAID, LET THERE BE LIGHT: AND THERE WAS LIGHT. (BIG BANG)

God created the big bang, thats what I believe.

Same old stuff. It really isn't worth embarking on a long discussion about the problems with this argument (such as causality, time and the lack of both). The argument boils down to:
"'Something' must have caused the Big Bang but that, of course, does not apply to God."

This 'first cause' argument is so tired that I am constantly amazed when people still try to wheel it out...are people still taught this in school or at church?
Afaceinthematrix
Bikerman wrote:
This 'first cause' argument is so tired that I am constantly amazed when people still try to wheel it out...are people still taught this in school or at church?


Church. People are still taught that at church. Church is where I was first introduced to almost every Creationist fallacy that exists. I grew up hearing in church that we're too complicated to have been made by "chance," there had to be a first cause, the Earth can't be old, etc. I never learned any of that in school. I was taught evolution as a fact and my biology teacher (and even history teacher) stressed the fact that there should not even be a debate about it because it's so scientifically sound. The closest that I ever got to hearing about a "first cause" in school was when someone brought it up in history class (of all classes) and my teacher admitted that something probably had to cause the big bang, but that he didn't know what (because he's not too in to cosmology - he's more in to biology considering he was a former biology teacher who decided to take a break from biology to teach history) caused it and that there probably is some scientific reason and that a lack of knowing isn't a valid reason to just assume that God did it... It's a valid reason to do more studying.

I would feel deeply bad for anyone who was taught that crap in school. The only schools that I've known about that teaches that crap are private Christian schools. A friend of mine that I've my whole life grew up going to various Christian private schools. He was forced fed the fairy tale that we lived along side dinosaurs. He'd always object and argue with his "science" teachers until they'd eventually kick him out of school and he'd have to attend some other Christian school.
Bikerman
It sounds like you had pretty decent teachers. I wish I could believe that all schools had equally good teachers but the reality is that many don't, and the numbers seem to be increasing.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/2982933.stm
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2006/nov/27/controversiesinscience.religion
Afaceinthematrix
That's not good.... Damn... I thought the U.K. tended to be pretty secular compared to the U.S. Well I guess it has it's religious hot spots or "Bible belt" areas.

And yes, I had extremely good teachers. I was lucky with that. My history teacher was especially good. He told us that he had been reading articles such as the ones that you posted and he feared that we were going to be taught Creationism as an alternative to evolution or taught that evolution says we "came from monkeys." Therefore, he spent a couple of days teaching evolution in history class. He told us that if anyone asks, his justification for teaching biology in history is that he's giving us a historical overview of Darwin's life and that he's teaching the social issues behind the evolution vs. creationism debate. He did teach those things.... briefly. He mainly taught us the biology behind it and made sure that no one is going to go around claiming that "those evolutionists said we came from monkeys!"
Xanatos
I just don't understand this at all. In our society these things should be decreasing, not increasing. I have had teachers that think that evolution is wrong. My high school biology teacher for example. When we came to the subject of evolution she constantly insisted that it was wrong and how could people put their trust in Darwin etc. It was quite disgusting in my opinion.

On a somewhat humorous side this is a hilarious video. It's a debate on intelligent design in schools on CNN.

Watch it. You know you want to.
Afaceinthematrix
Xanatos wrote:
I just don't understand this at all. In our society these things should be decreasing, not increasing. I have had teachers that think that evolution is wrong. My high school biology teacher for example. When we came to the subject of evolution she constantly insisted that it was wrong and how could people put their trust in Darwin etc. It was quite disgusting in my opinion.

On a somewhat humorous side this is a hilarious video. It's a debate on intelligent design in schools on CNN.

Watch it. You know you want to.


That is pretty hilarious. It's sad that we even have to be having this conversation. For a more hilarious video on the subject, check this out (I know it's a Simpsons episode, but it's so completely true and it outlines the debate nicely. When Ned Flanders visits an evolution museum, he gets Creationism into the classrooms):

http://www.wtso.net/movie/130-The
Bikerman
Xanatos wrote:
I just don't understand this at all. In our society these things should be decreasing, not increasing. I have had teachers that think that evolution is wrong. My high school biology teacher for example. When we came to the subject of evolution she constantly insisted that it was wrong and how could people put their trust in Darwin etc. It was quite disgusting in my opinion.

Well, I had similar experiences at school but that is not really surprising since I was educated by Salesian Monks. The fact that this nonsense is still a live issue, and appears to be growing, is indeed a matter of concern - particularly to educators such as myself. It is not enough to simply laugh at the loonies. This stuff is really serious and people who know better should be prepared to speak out at every available opportunity.
(That is not an implied criticism of anyone here - just a general observation).
Afaceinthematrix
^^Yes. It has slowly been becoming more and more to my attention that it's serious. I used to just laugh at the crazies... As a matter of fact, there's this really good series on youtube.com called "Why do people laugh at Creationists?" It's constantly growing (it's up to 29 parts) and it's created by some guy named ThunderF00T. He simply goes through analyzing people like Kent Hovind, Ben Stein, VenomFangX (a very famous video make on youtube.com... he's pretty much a younger version of Kent) and it's hilarious!

But on a serious note, I have been trying to speak out because I've realized that it has become serious. I've started on a small scale. I've been trying to get some of my religious friends and coworkers to see the harm in teaching Creationism in school.
deanhills
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
I used to just laugh at the crazies...


Every now and then I find descriptions like these. Referring to "idiots" or "stupid". I get the point of this thread, and yes, I do believe there are some "crazies", but there are people who are genuinely ignorant and deluded, and who hold their beliefs as sacred and serious as you do. Perhaps kinder to refer to people as being deluded. Like Richard Dawkins does. We have enough religious intolerance in the world, don't let students go home and address their parents as "crazies"! Let them think that their parents, brothers and sisters are misinformed, or deluded. But "crazy" says something completely different. There are students who are members of Frihost as well and lapping this stuff up as students generally tend to do.
Afaceinthematrix
deanhills wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
I used to just laugh at the crazies...


Every now and then I find descriptions like these. Referring to "idiots" or "stupid". I get the point of this thread, and yes, I do believe there are some "crazies", but there are people who are genuinely ignorant and deluded, and who hold their beliefs as sacred and serious as you do. Perhaps kinder to refer to people as being deluded. Like Richard Dawkins does. We have enough religious intolerance in the world, don't let students go home and address their parents as "crazies"! Let them think that their parents, brothers and sisters are misinformed, or deluded. But "crazy" says something completely different. There are students who are members of Frihost as well and lapping this stuff up as students generally tend to do.


Oh I don't make generalizations for the Hell of it. I don't ever refer to people as stupid or an idiot just because they're a Creationist. Deluded is a better term. I'm not calling those deluded people an idiot or crazy. But there are many Creationists who are crazy and so I refer to those people as crazy. Some Creationists will go as far as to say that bananas are proof of God's existence because they fit perfectly in the human hand*.


* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGMuIyBK5P4

P.S. This guy isn't joking. Ray Comfort is a well known Creationist.
Bikerman
The way I see it there are 3 possibilities;
Deluded - their perceptions are out of kilter with observable reality
Ignorant - they have been brainwashed or are entirely uneducated in scientific basics
Dishonest - they know that creationist dogma is nonsense but for their own reasons they go along with it.
Kent Hovind, I suggest, is the third type (and his current spell in jail would tend to support that thesis). Most creationists are one of the first two.
deanhills
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
I used to just laugh at the crazies...


Every now and then I find descriptions like these. Referring to "idiots" or "stupid". I get the point of this thread, and yes, I do believe there are some "crazies", but there are people who are genuinely ignorant and deluded, and who hold their beliefs as sacred and serious as you do. Perhaps kinder to refer to people as being deluded. Like Richard Dawkins does. We have enough religious intolerance in the world, don't let students go home and address their parents as "crazies"! Let them think that their parents, brothers and sisters are misinformed, or deluded. But "crazy" says something completely different. There are students who are members of Frihost as well and lapping this stuff up as students generally tend to do.


Oh I don't make generalizations for the Hell of it. I don't ever refer to people as stupid or an idiot just because they're a Creationist. Deluded is a better term. I'm not calling those deluded people an idiot or crazy. But there are many Creationists who are crazy and so I refer to those people as crazy. Some Creationists will go as far as to say that bananas are proof of God's existence because they fit perfectly in the human hand*.


* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGMuIyBK5P4

P.S. This guy isn't joking. Ray Comfort is a well known Creationist.


Thanks for the detailed reply. I was thinking about your posting during the day, and some of your thoughts occurred to me as well. Especially when I was doing some reading on the Internet and learned that there were some genuine "unbelievable" anti-evolution teaching going on in the US along the lines suggested by you, and probably would qualify as "crazy". So would like to withdraw my remarks. I have a tendency and soft spot for the underdog, but when I was reading that article think my understanding of what you had been talking about improved a little. I think what I did not understand was that there are serious conservative religious views in the US, including in teaching children at school. I did not understand how bad it was.

I started tonight on one of my three books by Richard Dawkins that I bought at Blackwell's near Leicester Square in London (three for the price of two) in snowed-in London two weeks ago. I'm starting with "The Selfish Gene", and thought I had to share this one line that really meant something to me. Dawkins was explaining the "imaginary readers" that he had written the book for, and I especially appreciated his first category:

Quote:
The general reader, the layman. For him I have avoided technical jargon almost totally, and where I have had to use specialized words I have defined them. I now wonder why we don't censor most of our jargon from learned journals too. I have assumed that the layman has no special knowledge, but I have not assumed that he is stupid.
Very appropriate isn't it? I read it tonight before I started to post on Frihost. Smile I'm beginning to like this guy!
Bikerman
I think you will find Dawkins both readable and informative. The Selfish Gene is as good a place to start as anywhere. Enjoy Smile

PS I would be very interested in your comments when you finish reading. I think, from previous postings, that you are a theist (would that be fair)? I would therefore be interested in your views from that perspective, as most of the people I have discussed Dawkins with are atheists like myself.

I am particularly interested to see if;
a) You think Dawkins makes his case convincingly and
b) You think the often used characterisation of Dawkins as a 'rabid atheist' is justified.
deanhills
Bikerman wrote:
I think you will find Dawkins both readable and informative. The Selfish Gene is as good a place to start as anywhere. Enjoy Smile


Thanks Chris, I'm already enjoying it. He has a very easy writing style. Liked his story about the female praying mantisses and a note he added at the back of the book:
Quote:
I first learned this odd fact about male insects during a research lecture by a colleague on caddis flies. he said that he wished he could breed caddisses in captivity but, try as he would, he could not persuade them to mate. At this the Professor of Entomology growled from the front row, as if it were the most obvious thing to have overlooked: 'Haven't you tried cutting their head off?' Smile
freshbeat64
DeFwh wrote:
All throughout my life I have heard several versions of how the Earth was created. Out of all of them the two that seem the most correct are:
1.
Quote:
The Earth was created by the Big Bang, which is the scientific theory that the universe emerged from an enormously dense and hot state about 13.7 billion years ago.
2.
Quote:
God created the Earth in 6 days and on the 7th God rested.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The big Question question Question is was the Big Bang part of Gods plan or did the Big Bang create God also!

Big Bang Article
Religous Article


Did the Big Bang just happen or did God make it happen?
busman
death_dealer wrote:
Yet for the big bang to happen there must have been something that had atlest kept a trace of what came before. How can althis lead to something unknown ok ill give ya proof of god creating the univers

if u where to put 10 marbals in a bag that are numbered 1-10 the chance of them coming out 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 in that order is something lik 600/1 so how about the earth being where it is

by the end of the day thr proof is in the puding and the pudding in this case is u and I and every thing around us


Haha... Dude all that would have to come before the big bang is a big crunch and/or 2 parrallel universe's colliding an making another. There are PLENTY of thereoms on this.
Seams
The big bang and concept of God are conflicting concepts. God made the earth on purpose. Not an accident like the big bang.
Afaceinthematrix
death_dealer wrote:
if u where to put 10 marbals in a bag that are numbered 1-10 the chance of them coming out 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 in that order is something lik 600/1 so how about the earth being where it is


I could go into detail about how wrong this logic is but instead I'll just mention that the chance of them coming out in that order is 1 out of 3628800, not 1 out of 600. That means that you're off by a factor of 6,048. That's like saying that someone is walking 30240 km/h when they're actually walking 5 km/h. Since you're off by such an epic amount, why should I trust anything that you have to say?

Now, after typing that, I just realized how incredibly old this topic is and that you'll never see this post. Oh well, I typed it so I might as well finish. At least it's contributing to the topic.
LxGoodies
Seams wrote:
The big bang and concept of God are conflicting concepts. God made the earth on purpose. Not an accident like the big bang.

Why conflicting with the concept ? why would "the concept of God" be so antropomorphic ? Suppose the big bang is no accident (God caused it) and after that, God made many "earths" on purpose.. a hypothetical being can do anything you like.. just attribute something to a hypothetical being and it will be conceivable to its believers.
Related topics
Have you ever have a god's miracle in your life ?
Creationism in School?
Simulating the big bang.
Can you be psychic?
Stephen Hawking, The Big Bang, and God
A philisophical question about self-identity
Big bang and black holes.
WILL universe ever end?
Big Bang Physics - Penrose Lecture
Atheist Big Bang. Quick question for Atheists.
Why did God create humans?
WHy did Human being create GOD?
The Big Bang Theory: Flauds..it didn't happen!
The Universe Big Bang is wrong
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Philosophy and Religion

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.