FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Guys do you prefer tall girls or short girls?

Do you prefer tall girls or short girls?
Tall
29%
 29%  [ 30 ]
Short
37%
 37%  [ 38 ]
Don't mind!
33%
 33%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 102

Sabz
Neutral Neutral Question Question
joxang
By short, I mean anyone who's my height or shorter than me...
ylmun
I don't mind, but I'm always reminded of a quote from my friend about tall girls:

"Why does a man climb a mountain? 'cuz it's there"
Subsonic Sound
I have never been attracted to any girl noticably taller than me. I don\'t know why...

Actually, that\'s not entirely true. I tend to have a thing for vulnerability, an instinct to care for / protect a girl I\'m with. And that\'s far easier to envision with someone who\'s smaller than me.
SunburnedCactus
Tall girls scare me. Shocked

Seriously!
Subsonic Sound
[quote=\"SunburnedCactus\"]Tall girls scare me. Shocked

Seriously![/quote]

That too, of course... :p
Blaster
I am short so i dont' mind tall girls. But like not much taller. I am 5 foot 3. If the girl is 5 foot 5 then i really dont' care. But i know girls that are like 6 foot. That is too tall now.
Petee
I really don't mind either way, unless the girl is like two feet taller than me. I mean, I like short girls, my girlfriend is quite short actually, but I've liked taller girls before as well.
Insanity
I find it awkward when a girl is really taller than me. It just looks weird if a tall girl walks next to a short guy,
Leetch
I like shorter girls,
the 69 always comes into it
And if it does, you don't want a 6 footer
swordbeta
short...i dont know why......... Razz
nam_siddharth
I like tall girls. But her hight must not be more than 5'9" (my hight). I do not like girls shorter than 5'3". An ideal girl for me is from 5'6" to 5'9".
atholas
I found this girl from one of my course pretty attractive, but alas, I am quite put off by the fact that she is taller than me. Generally, I wouldn't go after tall girls, unless they approach me first. In the back of my mind, I somehow think that if I go out with a tall girl, people will look at us and think "are they siblings?" Rolling Eyes
Blaster
Well like i said if you can see a big difference then maybe not. But like if they are an inch or two above you maybe soo. I liked this one girl who is like 5'4 and i am 5'3. So it really isn't that much of a difference. I seen some guys go out with women 5 inches taller then them.
atholas
Yeah, she's at most 2 inches taller than me, probably an inch only (I'm 5'8 ). Still, it is such a mental barrier. I quite like the girl... my type actually. Got the brain and a good look, but the height... *sigh* I wish I am just 2 inches taller!

I'm probably missing out because of this Sad
Citizen Kane
Pretty weird but I normally go for people who are shorter than me... but now I have a girlfriend who's practically as tall as I am. and I'm TALL.
Satori
I seem to go for the shorter women myself. I know some guys like a girl with hips...but not me. I tend to go for the shorter, more slender women. Not exactly sure why...but there's just something about it I like
dray101
joxang wrote:
By short, I mean anyone who's my height or shorter than me...

Same I don't really like tall girls and a girl taller than me is just freaky Shocked

I dont know why Wink
tungtony
It will depands on how tall you are. I prefer my girl friend shorter than me. It will more comfortable and more confidence when we go out.
orlandu63
Yea, when I get a girlfriend she'll undoubtfully WILL be shorter than me Smile
altikris
yeah tall girls are definetly intimidating, i wouldnt be able to go out with a girl that is taller than me. Well an inch isnt so much, but any more than that is too much and is strange.
Sadow
I prefer tall girls. The taller they are, the more woman you get. Angel
schudder
I generally find myself more attracted to girls that aren't very tall (like under 1.65m or 5'5"), but that doesn't mean I've never had a crush on someone who was much taller than that. The only thing that creeps me out is girls who are taller than me... But then again I'm 1.97m or 6'5" and I honestly don't personally know any girls who are taller than that.
HoboPelican
Doesn't matter. Short is good. Tall is good. Women are good Very Happy
Of course, there aren't many women taller than me...I'm 6'2". However, I did date a number of ladies over 5'10" and it never bothered me when they wore heels.

@Leetch - If you can't make that work with any height combo, you both need some flexibility training Very Happy
danmc
being 5ft 4" means choosing short girls isnt so much a lifestylechoice but an asthetic neccesity
danmc
being 5ft 4" means choosing short girls isnt so much a lifestylechoice but an asthetic neccesity
PatTheGreat42
I don't have any problem with tall girls, but I just think it's kinda weird. I once knew this couple where the guy was like, 5 feet, but the girl seemed just shy of 7 feet. It looked really weird when she sat in his lap.

Plus, I like the kinda girl who I can just sling over my shoulder and cart off. This is hard with tall girls.
jaysen
well, i have no objections to girls taller than me.. mind you i'm 6 feet tall, so there isn't many girls that are that much taller than me to start with, at least not noticibly... mind you if a seven foot girl was to come by, aside from being a little uncomfortable at first i think i could handle that.... just need to get a stepping stool
sonicj
wow the short girls are winning. Shocked
rdrs
Short girls are winning!

Well, I suppose that if someone looks into the proper books, this will come out as a natural trend, rather than likes or dislikes. Usually, the female of the species is smaller and lighter. And that's the part that's written on our primitive part of the brain.

But then comes the fact that humans think. That's a great factor. Personally, I find tall girls (6 foot) very impressive. Maybe because there's not so many in my country.. In any case, couples with a taller female are definitely the minority. There's one in my dorm - the girl is at least 15 cm taller that the guy. And she doesn't wear high heels..

From an mainstream aesthetic point of view, a tall girl will be more attractive - if she has the proper proportions. On the other hand, I tend to associate a certain sweetness of character with a smaller height.

A last note, which might be interesting. In Portugal, the average heights are 1.7 for men, 1.65 for women. We have a popular saying that goes something like 'portuguese women and sardines, the smallest fulfills your wishes'. Unfortunately, a bit is lost in the translation - I tried to maintain the rhyme, but then the meaning may be wrongly interpreted.. the idea is, the smallest sardines (which are a national passion) are the best - and so are the small portuguese women.
HoboPelican
rdrs wrote:
A last note, which might be interesting. In Portugal, the average heights are 1.7 for men, 1.65 for women. We have a popular saying that goes something like 'portuguese women and sardines, the smallest fulfills your wishes'. Unfortunately, a bit is lost in the translation - I tried to maintain the rhyme, but then the meaning may be wrongly interpreted.. the idea is, the smallest sardines (which are a national passion) are the best - and so are the small portuguese women.

Your translation made perfect sense, a difficult task at times. Here the US there is a similar saying, although it has nothing to do with height Wink

"The smaller the grape, the sweeter the wine."
Citizen Kane
BUT: you always hear about men liking women with long legs (men tend to think that would be sexy.)

Long legs in combination with short girls winning on this forum: eh, how much of the torso of girls is left that way? and how would these girls look like?

75 % legs, 20 % boobs and 5 % face??
silvermesh
the guy should be taller than the girl, not to say i'd make a major life decision on physical height, but since i'm already married, I can say that i'd never marry a tall girl, wouldn't mind playing though Wink
webcola
Appearance shouldn't even matter if you really like a girl, I mean you should judge a girl by her personality instead of looks.
Subsonic Sound
That's certainly true. But getting to know someone requires talking to a stranger. And people are more likely to talk to strangers they find attractive. People downplay the importance of appearance all the time, but ultimately... well, it's important. It's not CRITICAL, but neither is it meaningless.
skygaia
I don't mind
because I'm pretty tall. So it's little bit difficult for me to measure other height. ^^ Acutally, I couldn't guess some girs how tall they were.

But I preffer short because my wife is very short.
the difference of height between my wife and me is over 35 Cm..
snowboardude
lol i have yet to meet a girl who is taller than me.... (im 6'1")
HoboPelican
snowboardude wrote:

Yeah, but how about a 5' 10" lady in 6 in heels? Smile
Bourgondier
I prefer just a little smaller than me. She has to be big at other places Razz
vika
I totaly agree, the girl should not bee taller then me, but not half my size either. I don't like when either of the persons have to look down on the other one or to chop off your legs to kiss her if you know what I mean Razz
Shiva
Short!! defenetlly!! Wink

Well I'm 1,90 Meters (don't know about inces..) so it's luckelly not very often I meet girls taller than me (Short Danish meat, you know Twisted Evil)

Lucky me Cool
HoboPelican
Okay, all you heightist Smile

Check out the following list

Barbara Babcock (I can't believe the software killed her name!)
Saffron Burrows
Anna Chancellor
Geena Davis
Terry Farrell
Margaux Hemingway
Mariel Hemingway
Allison Janney
Brooke Shields
Uma Thurman
Aisha Tyler
Sigourney Weaver
Mary Woronov

All are 6 feet tall. Imagine you're at a party and ___ (fill in your choice) comes over to you and starts coming on to you, what do ya do? Run screaming or thank your lucky stars? And for you guys, like me, over 6 foot, imagine they are on 3 or 4 inch heels.

Pop quiz, hotshot. What do you do?What do you do?
Blaster
Well i guess if they came up to me i might be interested. Like it all depends. The way I see it is that if you really love them that shouldn't matter. So if i care about them enough then i don't care. Its like the common age question. Do you preffer girls older or younger. It really shouldn't matter. Its all about love. If you have deep feelings for a girl then you really shouldn't. Like one of my girlfriends was a couple inches taller then me. When we went to a formal she wore high heels and i really didn't care. I still liked her for who she was. I also had this one girl i liked that was short. She was like 4feet 9 or something. Well it really didn't matter. I still liked her for her personality. Not for how tall or short she was.

So to me it doesn't matter once you get to know the person. I guess it may be becuase i am at the age where most girls are taller then guys.
the_mariska
Hehe, I can see that short girls like me rule here Wink Some guys (like my father Razz) say that the ideal women is 'such a little with such big ones'. However I wish I were a bit taller, as my boyfriend is 25 cm (10 inches) taller than me and we must look pretty funny together Very Happy Hight heels don't help at all.
Scorpio
I really dont mind about the height factor when it comes to relationships.

Somtimes they may adversely affect the looks of a pair if one eclipses the other in terms of height

Especially in India, it is really difficult for a tall girl to get married because of social blah blah.

Anyway I wont be seem to have any problem considering the fact that I am around 6 Foot 2 Inches tall.

Well, that is optimum i feel
Sabz
the_mariska wrote:
Hehe, I can see that short girls like me rule here Wink Some guys (like my father Razz) say that the ideal women is 'such a little with such big ones'. However I wish I were a bit taller, as my boyfriend is 25 cm (10 inches) taller than me and we must look pretty funny together Very Happy Hight heels don't help at all.

I know! I have always been self-conscious about being short, so this makes me feel a bit better! I'm 156cm (not sure how many inches that is). But I still wish I was a little bit taller... Rolling Eyes
brilliantbeauty
Hehe, I'm short (5'5")and this just gave me a serious confidence boost, does this mean I can actually go out in flats and not be called a midget? Surprised YAYYYY!!!!! I sorta thought we all had to be at least 5' 9" to be truly atractive. Confused
HoboPelican
brilliantbeauty wrote:
Hehe, I'm short (5'5")and this just gave me a serious confidence boost, does this mean I can actually go out in flats and not be called a midget? Surprised YAYYYY!!!!! I sorta thought we all had to be at least 5' 9" to be truly atractive. Confused

Hey, I've been cheerleading for tall ladies, but hooray for short ladies as well!
And as far as heels, I can't imagine what it would feel like to wear those all day, or even for an hour! I'd rather the lady I was with was as comfortable as possible. So ditch the heels, control top hose. all of it. Heck, kick off your shoes completely and sit down here in the sand and enjoy the sunset.

Comfort For Everyone! Wink
TheShop1
it doesnt matter tall, short, fat ,small, i like em all Very Happy
hsadmin
Sabz wrote:
Neutral Neutral Question Question

Tall.. Compared to me.. 5' 5" is how tall I like em''
yenbin
Sadow wrote:
I prefer tall girls. The taller they are, the more woman you get. Angel

i agree too.........................
Thatguy
I take what I can get. Tall women can be hot, too, just look at Uma Thurman *drool*. It is kind of hard to find a woman taller than me though, since I'm 6'2". I like the shorter women, too, but not shorter than my shoulder. I guess in between 5'9" and 6' is ideal.

Now that people are confused, I pick taller, but not taller than me, just taller than average.
tallgirlsunited
I'm tired of people making stupid comments about tall girls but what about you guys who are really short think about that. You guys can like short girls without dissing the tall girls just let us be tall and proud because i know i am. I am 5'9 and i absolutely love it. I love having long legs opposed to short stubby legs and i really dont care what people especially guys think about me. You girls who are tall are great so dont regret being tall for one second seriously.
FunDa
HoboPelican wrote:
snowboardude wrote:

Yeah, but how about a 5' 10" lady in 6 in heels? Smile

haha .. Good one.

I guess most men would prefer a girl slighlty shorter than them. Someone whom to hold just so ..
Vinarai
I also like the tall girl.
They are looking very beautiful with long face and neck.
onlyquality2011
I would prefer to be with a girl shorter than me, but not by too much. Prefably 1.6m since I am 1.7m Smile It is not my nature and I won't feel happy with a wife towering above me.
Gregg67
I would like to meet a women that is 6 feet tall or taller.
I am 6 feet 2 inches and every women i have ever meet is 5'1" or 5'7"
Tanzanian
I will prefer a girl shorter than me
codersfriend
Even though I'm short, I don't mind whether a girl is tall or not
juanmoce
I prefer tall girls! Very Happy
Ashleg
Ok im 6ft which is about 1.81m.... I have always loved my height until my height now... I never get approached by guys anymore, and all my short friends get all the attention. Guys, it in our genes to be tall or short, and i really dont think its fair:( it really hurts, we cant do anything about it...
mgeek
Not short, but petite.
mgeek
Ashleg wrote:
Ok im 6ft which is about 1.81m.... I have always loved my height until my height now... I never get approached by guys anymore, and all my short friends get all the attention. Guys, it in our genes to be tall or short, and i really dont think its fair:( it really hurts, we cant do anything about it...

You a girl? You are taller than most guys. You'll have to wait for some basketball player to come along.
Ashleg
Haha i live in cape town...no basketball guys here
Coen
I'm almost 6'6 (1.98m) so whenever a girl is taller than I am I would probably not be attracted to her straight away, whereas I do not mind if a girl is (a lot) smaller than I am. At my height that is kind of what you have to live with anyway.

In general, however, I have no real preference. Girls that are considered tall are usually still smaller than I am but tall or small does not really matter to me. It is about the girl and the way she is more than how tall she is. Though being attractive in general helps, of course. But that's an entirely different discussion.
deanspelvis
Personally, I am a girl who is 5"10.
I find that most guys I'm attracted to don't mind, then again most of the guys I'm attracted to are 6ft+
I have a t-shirt that says "Must be 6 feet tall to ride."..
I am bisexual, and I find tall girls really attractive.
If you feel like you are too tall/short, do not be discouraged. There are a lot of different kinds of people in this word who like different things. For a while, I was self-cautions about my height, and hated being tall. But I have come to realize that we, as people are who we are.
In conclusion, I like tall people. <3
Insanity
I prefer girls who are shorter than me.
johans
i prefer not much taller than me.. i like girls which are proportional in height, wight and vital statistics.
blueeyesem
I am a girl whose 5'10. I used to be so self conscience of my height...I lived in a town full of Portuguese guys...most of them were a lot shorter than I was. I never wore heels because people would literally yell at me that I was too tall. I now love going out with my heels on. I'm dating a guy whose 2 inches shorter than me and he loves when I wear heels. So to all the tall girls out there who are feeling sad because the short girls get all the attention... there are guys who like girls with long legs. Wink
Sabbadon
Bourgondier wrote:
I prefer just a little smaller than me. She has to be big at other places Razz

thumb up!
BLIZZARD11145
I perferr small because im not a big guy myself i am small for my age and i only would like if a girl is a bit taller or smaller than me cause i dont have to look up to kiss my girlfriend!
ZeytinGrafik
while my height is about 190 cm's my wife's height is about 150 cm's. As far as you get along well the height does not have anything to do with the relationship. As a teenager/young man i preferred taller girls that are 175 cm's or taller but as the time changed so did my preferences. I was in to shorter girls at the beginning of my 30's and now i'm nearly 40.
johannespilz
intressting topic. especially for me because i am really tall (1.94 m) - but last weekend i met a girl in a club who was my size and it was pretty weird. she was super good looking, model type (but i assume every thin girl that is that tall is perceived as a model, only because of the height)

and i asked her if it is a problem for her or if she feels guys even apoproach her. she said not so many. i think guys feel intimitaded by tall girls. you have to be very confident to deal with it , especially if u are smaller than the girl. anyway, her boyfriend steped by pretty fast to make clear first that she is his girlfriend and second that he was not intimitaded and that he is "a real man" hahaha Smile
codegeek
I am 6 feet tall, so I like girls who are over 5'7. I guess you could technically call them tall or average, depending upon the average height of girls where you live.
loveandormoney
90% og the boys
are looking for a woman
smaller then themselves.

They say: This does make me feel stronger.
Azur
Tall or short, in love it does not matter. Usually we can prefer things but life gives us various stuff and we gotta adapt to it.
Caleb
I think its totally depends on your height because when you are tall you mostly like a girl that is tall.But some time you fall in love with a girl that have height difference than you agree to make relationship with her so you don't say exactly to whom you like..
loveandormoney
Azur wrote:
Tall or short, in love it does not matter. Usually we can prefer things but life gives us various stuff and we gotta adapt to it.

I just wonder
a boy is meeting a girl:
Oh You have one inch to much
OH You have one inch to less
I have to go.

Do then boys have problems with women?
talibhsn
Both tall and short girls are acceptable if they are attractive
talibhsn
I think that it won´t matter if there is nominal difference in height.
loveandormoney
talibhsn wrote:
I think that it won´t matter if there is nominal difference in height.

You changed Your mind?
Did You have a hot night with a short girl.
Tell us about Your experiences?
loveandormoney
talibhsn wrote:
Both tall and short girls are acceptable if they are attractive

If

What is the IF?

Money?

Can You describe it in two sentences=
Please.
That_Tall_Girl
Being a 5'10" girl, its pretty hard to find a guy that will accept my height. I've always been confident with how tall I am but recently it's been getting harder to stay confident. So for all you tall girls out there, I know how you feel.
loveandormoney
That_Tall_Girl wrote:
Being a 5'10" girl, its pretty hard to find a guy that will accept my height. I've always been confident with how tall I am but recently it's been getting harder to stay confident. So for all you tall girls out there, I know how you feel.

Look for a self confident man
a man who is not lookingt that women are his mother

he does not have a problem with Your height.
Tallgirl29
mgeek wrote:
Ashleg wrote:

You a girl? You are taller than most guys. You'll have to wait for some basketball player to come along.
aryan77
I was looking for a girl around 5'6" ... and ended up married to my lovely wife that is 5' 3" Smile
loveandormoney
She took off her shoes.
Isnt it?
75alex
Being sufficiently tall never (i hope) to be smaller than most girls, i don't think height is a real criteria, it depends more on morphology and shape of the person.
loveandormoney
What do You want to say
with the word
"shape"?
cybersa
Tall girl but not taller than me. Wink
loveandormoney
Are You Ringo Starr?

"I am the greatest."

Sorry: Richard Starkey.
Qantas94Heavy
Girls taller than me intrigue me... I don't know why.
Queiros
i prefer hot girl, the height doesn´t matter Smile
KamijouTouma
I like short girls in fact my girlfreind who i refered to this site is short i like short girls simply because when i am holding my girlfreind in my arms she seems so small and fragile (even though she's pretty tough) and it makes me yearn to be there for her and protect her.

Oh and also that may seem old school to you but thats how i feel about her she means that much to me.
loveandormoney
Qantas94Heavy wrote:
Girls taller than me intrigue me... I don't know why.

Maybe
You treat a tall woman like You treat Your mother.
Gregoric
Rather higher girls, as long as they are not higher than me Smile But in most cases, that doesn't matter so much.
Pippo90
I prefer women who are much shorter than me (around 30 cm less – I'm 190 cm).
loveandormoney
Gregoric wrote:
Rather higher girls, as long as they are not higher than me Smile But in most cases, that doesn't matter so much.

Do You have 20 girlfriends during one day?
TheLimey
What does this mean? Question should be, do you prefer girls shorter than you? true or false.
loveandormoney
Most cases
are many cases.
Sorry my English is not so good.

Does most cases mean only one.

I am sorry.
pravojednostavno
according to my experience: tall guys love short girls, short guys love TALL girls Cool
fastData
definitely short girls Laughing
loveandormoney
pravojednostavno wrote:
according to my experience: tall guys love short girls, short guys love TALL girls Cool

First part is true:

guys want short girl
For men it is very important
hair
size
feet
etc
of a woman.