FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do I debug my site, How to turn log_errors on

mike_phi
Hi there I am having some serious problems with my phpnuke site in that it is not registering new users, I have turned register_globals on and noticed that it is on in the phpinfo() printout Confused .

Question
I need to debug this with some logs I would like to know how can I turn
log_erros on and also how can I set a log file by assigning a file name to log_erros flag.

problem description

I have tested and check the database it seems fine, I even loaded the phpnuke default database and tested against this, just to elimanate the corrupt database issue.

I inserted a phpinfo() in some suspect areas and I noticed that when a new user gets the confirmation message and clicks the finish button, this confirmation message is not calling the post in the phpinfo() output Sad .

Note:
This site runs fine on my setup of php, mysql and apache on my development machine.

I am running php 4.4.1 as aposed to php 4.4.2 (do you have 4.4.1 installed can I point to this version if installed just to elimenate this posibility)

I have apache 2.0 but this is not the problem araea

and mysql 5.0 not the problem area either, yet again I could be wrong mybe it is a problem area.

Interesting findings (if discovered)
Why dose this site behave differently from my mechine it is a standard phpnuke 7.7 installation.