FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

another idea!

thechurrocart
Hi all.

I don't know how difficult it was to make, but I used a forum that had a great user interface. It would use threads, and have a sidebar with navigation through the threads, and obviously a link to get out of the thread.

Posts would be linked to what they were responding to, and then indented. It was like when you look at the folders on the left side of the screen of windows explorer. It was easy to follow topics, and allowed people to go more in depth into ideas.

I think, however, that it would be difficult to read an entire post without clicking on it. However, gmail's method of condensing stuff works pretty well. Though innovative and handy, it seems hard to program. I don't know if what I'm suggesting is already around, and just has a different name. I do know that when I used it, there were only 20-30 people on the forum, and it may have disadvantages when there are thousands of people. Let me know what you think!
n0obie4life
What "other forum" are you referring to?

We're not going to do much to the user interface here, it is as friendly as it could be already.
Marston
n0obie4life wrote:
Methinks he's talking about one that he used to run.
devroom
n0obie4life wrote:

We're not going to do much to the user interface here, it is as friendly as it could be already.

I think it can be easier, less collors and some other font(size)
It would be easier to read.

Also, and it has been posted once, the click on a space and not the link. So u dont click on "General Chat" but on the space where the "General Chat" link is in
thechurrocart
Marston wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:
Methinks he's talking about one that he used to run.

No, it was in a class I took. I wish I knew how to create a forum! I cannot, unfortunately, remember the name, though... I don't think the idea would be too good for so many users. Oh, and I quite like the color scheme...
Hogwarts
I made a sidebar for navigation of this. http://hsowaw.frih.net/fribar/Fribar-2.html

Update:
It now goes along the top http://hsowaw.frih.net/Navibar/Navbar3.html