FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New FriHost Forum Rules...

Marston
Quote:
Please remove all irritating/overly animated avatars and signatures.
I think this should just be removed, who's to say what's annoying, or overly animated and what's not? It's really in the eye of the beholder.
Animal
Marston wrote:
I think this should just be removed, who's to say what's annoying, or overly animated and what's not? It's really in the eye of the beholder.

Yes, it's in the eye of the beholder. And in the case of the Frihost Forum, it's in the eye of the Mods and Admins.

We don't want to blanket-ban all animated images, but some are far too distracting for other users. We have to weigh up what is acceptable for a user to show and what is not fair for other users of the forum. Generally, it will need to be very animated with a fairly high contrast before you are asked to remove an image.
Marston
Oh, ok. I thought (s)he (n0obie4life) was referring to those avatars you see where it's a video capture of someone talking that's been exported into gif format... You know?

But I suppose you've set me straight. Very Happy
Blaster
Its still a little hard though. I think they should get like a warning before a warning is sent that counts. Like you can't just give warnings to people i dont' think. I just think they should be like. Look your avatar is too animated. I suggest chaging it or i will have to send a warning. Or something along those lines.
wumingsden
Blaster wrote:
Its still a little hard though. I think they should get like a warning before a warning is sent that counts. Like you can't just give warnings to people i dont' think. I just think they should be like. Look your avatar is too animated. I suggest chaging it or i will have to send a warning. Or something along those lines.

That like saying though that spammers should not get a warning the first time round. I'm one of the mods that does notice them but bot as much as other people, I however think that its a good idea and the rule is not going to be scrapped -locked-