FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Classic Comic Strips

What is your favorite comic strip of the last 20 years?
The Far Side
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bloom County
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Calvin and Hobbes
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Garfield
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Life in Hell
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Doonsbury
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dilbert
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other - please post you answer
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

HDirtwater
Starting in the late 70's with Garfield, there was a great boom of comic strips up until both the Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes were ended. Now, there are very few, if any great strips (Dilbert and Fox Trot are two exceptions).

So, what was your favorite comic strip in the last 20 years? For me, it is Bloom County. Between the great art, and hilarious wit, it was the best of the best IMO.

BTW, I have not included some classic strips from before the 70s like Peanuts, Pogo, Andy Capp, Beetle Baily, Wizard of Id, etc. I'm mostly talking about strips started in the 70s and 80s.

Cool
Scaramanga
Easily, Life In Hell. Groening was/is a comics genius. Sure it was hella angst-laden, but that usually made it all the more enjoyable. Actually I'm surprised it's on this list, as he wasn't in too many wide-circulation major papers
Eiken
Well, while I love all of the comics listed up there (Except for Doonsbury, I couldn't ever really get into it.), I gotta go with Garfield, it was the first comic I really got into, it'll always have a place for me.