FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


you know you've been playing too many RPGs if..





headoncollision
You know you've been playing too many RPGs if..

1. You're curious to why you don't see text underneath people when they're talking.
2. You swing an axe 15 feet away from somebody and wonder why they aren't hurt.
3. Your sleeping consists of turning a light on and off.
4. You spend hours doing your hair every morning to get it to stay in an abnormal, but awesome, molding.
5. You argue with your friends when they don't follow exactly in your footsteps.
6. You carry a boombox with your theme song playing everywhere you go.
7. Before picking a fight with someone, you ask what level they are.

I used to have gigantic list of these, feel free to continue it.
Keops
8 - You forget to go to the bathroom
9 - Go to the supermarket and buy a plastic sword
rightclickscott
10: Poker is a card battle minigame.
11: You own a level 5 broad sword.
12: You start a 30 minute cutscene right before someone starts a boss fight with you.
13: You get mad at your friends for not getting inside of you after a cutscene.
14: You've written a character sheet for everytime you level up.
15: Hitting someone on the head with a lead pipe does 1500 damage or may result in an instant kill.
16: You have the status ailment: Poison.
17: You've mastered the spell: Fire.
18: Nobody ever changes their clothes.
19: You use the word "halfling" more than once in a sentence.
20: You've ever hooked up with Aeris.
21: You are struggling to find a save point.
22: You've ever been charged with a quest to save the world from an eternal evil.
23: You gained 10 HP from eating: A Slice of Bread.

I made all of these up off of the top of my head. I might as well arrange all of these an put these on my site. Come on people, put more of these up! I'll give you all credit!
headoncollision
24. You've written random symbols all over your body with a permanent marker and you insist that they give you power or are natural destiny marks at birth.
25. You've changed your legal name to something with lots of Zs, Ys, Xs, Qs or 7s in it.
26. Your excuse to not being able to cast spells is : "I don't use mana, you fruit, I'm a warrior!"
27. You've tried to resurrect some of your friends using phoenix downs.
28. You're angry that your inventory space is incrediably tiny.
29. You don't fear death because you can clearly just go back to your saved point.
30. In certain situations you've tried pressing the pause button to think things over.
31. When your friend attacks something first, you'll yell at him saying "It isn't your turn yet!"
jstoeffler
32. You're watching a war movie and wondering why the heck they aren't using plasma grenades.

33. You actually make a trip into space looking for Halo.

34. You go through a couple of controllers per week.

That's all I could come up with.
rightclickscott
jstoeffler wrote:
32. You're watching a war movie and wondering why the heck they aren't using plasma grenades.

33. You actually make a trip into space looking for Halo.

34. You go through a couple of controllers per week.

That's all I could come up with.


Halo isn't an RPG, it's an FPS. I declare that the last 3 do not count!
ocalhoun
32. You stop at a hotel because you'r HP is low.
33. In a fight you're constantly shouting out the names of various moves. (i've seen that happen)
34. You refuse to get out of bed for a week because your memory card got corrupted.
35. You only make 90 degree turns while walking.
Nameless
36. You write a 100+ line poem on the various cliches of RPGs.

No, really.
Monkeydog
37. You step into a steam machine and feel regenerized... but are still hungry.

;o
benwhite
38. You have elemental affinity
39. The sword you carry around for fun is bigger than you are
40. You and your friends try to perform combos
41. You think a gun doesn't do more damage that nun-chucks, claws, dagger, etcs.
42. You think your enemies will fade into nothing when defeated.
trickstott
43. When told that someone is an orphan, you assume not only that they have no parents, but that their entire village was destroyed. Probably with fire.

44. You have ever assumed that your job can wait an infinite amount of time without any penalty for tardiness being leveled at you.
Boles Roor
44. You get angry at the cash machine because there's alot of papers coming from it, and not gold coins.

45. You want to level up your grades.
Bard
46. You try mixing various combinations of liquids in order to come up with something that will allow you to breathe underwater, and when you try it by diving, you almost drown.

47. You feel like assigning keyboard shortcuts to or creating macros for things you do everyday.

48. You dream of bashing goblin heads and slashing orc bellies.

49. You wander around the city looking for people standing outside their doors as if they were ready to give you quests to embark on.
rightclickscott
50 (Yay, I get to do number 50!): Your boss and coworkers are NPC's.
51: LARPing insterests you. AT ALL!
52: You've ever powerleveled in a parking lot.
53: You've ever gone done a dark alley, expecting to find a rare item, but then get into a boss fight with: Drunken Homeless Rapist.
54: Nice townsfolk only say the same thing over and over and over again.
55: Your normal, battle free day consists of an endless series of minigames.
56: You've ever explored an open field and got into an endless series of random encounters.
57: You own or ride in one of your friends' airships.
58: The only stuff you can buy at a conveinent store is behind the counter.
59: Noah has ever asked you what a pimp was (Givin' it up for my Legend of Legaia homies what what!).
ltbennett
60) u try 2 get a gitlfriend by talking in simlish
61) u run around the streets with a book convinced that ur zaping people in to another dimention
62) u have incedably huge hair
63)when u run the ground moves slower than the rate ur running at
64) u r convinced u have lag evry time u lose a fight
66)u go killing animals at the local zoo and r wondering why thay dont drop gold coins.
67) ur convinced ur name is cloud (or somthing around that basis)
68 ) u dont eat sleep or drink for 24 hours and expect nothing to happen
69)u try to log off when someone is following u
70) u talk 2 ur self alot telling ur self what missions u hae to do today

and thats my 10 for today
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Josso
71. You stop behind closed doors and insist you need a key.
headoncollision
doing good guys, doing good

72. You constantly explain to your many friends that there can only be 2 of them with you in battle at the same time.
73. You're depressed because your limit break / overdrive hit doesn't do anything extra-ordinary.
74. You're curious to why you don't have enough endurance to run from city to city without a car.
75. You will go out of your way to avoid grass/dirt and stay on the path, because you want to avoid annoying encounters with mobs.
76. You don't know how to walk, you can only run.
77. You don't know how to jump, or insist on only being able to jump in specific places.

keep it comin'
rightclickscott
78: You look sexually androgenous.
79: You've traveled all throughout your teenage years and never got any taller.
80: You've ever gone into random people's houses, broken all of their boxes and barrels, and opened all of their dressers and chests looking for gold or items.
81: You've ever muttered the phraise "can't rez, he fell to far."
82: You've spent endless hours in your basement killing level 1 rats.
83: The town you lived in only consists of one street and you can only leave it from one entrance, because the other three sides are covered by gigantic buildings or a picket fence.
84: You own a bird that you ride all throughout the land.
85: You or your girlfriend (or maybe just this girl in your party your crushing on, but they absolutely hate you, or the other way around, and you two will eventually hook up anyways) holds the item to save the world from a great evil.
jstoeffler
Quote:
Halo isn't an RPG, it's an FPS. I declare that the last 3 do not count!

My bad, I thought an RPG was any shooter game. How stupid I am....
headoncollision
Quote:
83: The town you lived in only consists of one street and you can only leave it from one entrance, because the other three sides are covered by gigantic buildings or a picket fence.


That's hiliarious.
Vashni
86. You sit there creating new characters, until it looks just right.
87. You draw pictures of the perfect RPG girlfriend.
rightclickscott
headoncollision wrote:
Quote:
83: The town you lived in only consists of one street and you can only leave it from one entrance, because the other three sides are covered by gigantic buildings or a picket fence.


That's hiliarious.


Thanks, I try. Wait a minute, no I don't...
Here are some more!

88: Every girl you know except for a rarity of afew townsfolk have double D's.
89: Your myspace says you are the Champion of Norrath!
90: Your favorite song is Passion and Sanctuary.
91: One of the members of your party is the son or daughter of the king of the Kingdom you're from.
92: There is a big black guy in your party that wields a giant gun.
93: One of the girls in your party uses an umbrella for weapon.
94: Your pet can talk. He usually just says *woof* or *meow* though. Lazy pet.
95: There is a worldwide cardgame played by everyone.
96: There is a master of some long lost or forbidden form of fighting in your town.
97: That same master trained you on how to fight, and if you ever get the chance to fight him, he throughly kicks your ass.
98: The main female antagonist wears black leather straps all over her body when you fight her.
99: You own a CD entitled "Boss Fight Mix."
100 (w00t!): You've ever thrown a red marble at someone and insisted that you burned the f*ck out of them with a fire spell.
Yantaal
101: you insist your party can only hold 4 members until you get to the next town when you wil then be able to hold 6.

102: You insist that certains items of your clothing will boost your stats.

103: If you are in a fight you hit them then let them hit you and so on.

104: You put on a:
Blue tunic and expect to breath under water
Red Tunic and jump ion a volcano

105: When riding your horse you insist that feeding it carrots will make it run faster.

106: Everytime you find something on the floor you spin round and hold it in the air.

107: You expect your teachers to have an exclamation mark over their head once you have finished your homework.

108: You have a small ammount of time to complete a mission that in reality would take years.

109: You are followed around by a small fairy.

110: When your are on your own and you die, you are rezzed and start back outside your house.

111: You hate going back inside your house because you know, everything you just spent ages killing will be alive when you go back outside.
Ramblerinos
112: Everywhere you go you find people with something glowing over their heads and you know you have to talk to them.

113: Small creatures only act to feed you exp.

114: On your birthday you insist people say that you are now lvl 18 instead of 18 years old.

115: On your birthday you constantly comment on how your stats are vastly better then when you was lvl 17
ltbennett
rightclickscott wrote:

84: You own a bird that you ride all throughout the land.

is it me or does this sound a bit rude???
Mr. McCoy
116: The words 'killing spree' comes up to your mind when walking in the city.

117: when you keep sayind to you littlesister that your higher ranked than her.


hehe.... no offence on MMORGP-players... i play socom myself!!
Helios
118: You have a sword/axe collection.
119: People tell you that you're a nerd.
120: You talk like n0obie4life.
121: You listen to power metal.
122: You like LOTR/Harry Pothead. Very much. VERY much. You can't live w/o it.
123: 4.
headoncollision
124. You don't fear cliffs because the game clearly wouldn't let you fall off of them. You can just walk towards them and you look like you're moonwalking.
125. You wait for a selection of reply options when you are asked to respond.
126. You press start/select to skip your mom's lectures, and when she asks why you're not listening, you insist you've already heard it before.
127. Whatever you find that's shiny you attach to your weapon because you insist it will raise the combat stats on it.
128. You create your own loading time whenever you enter a room by closing your eyes and counting to ten.
129. You insist that the golden key you have is a one-size-fits-all sort of key.
Ghost900
130. You know if you die you will just warp back in the city or warp point.

131. When you see enemies in real life you think they are small.
Cthulhuman
132. your back pack has 12 slots and you can carry four other book bags of the same size
133. You can't wear any aromor other than cloth because you are a warlock
134. You have an 'unnatural' natural hair color
135. You wear a belt not to be fasionable but to raise your armor points
136. Card games aren't just a fad and they don't come in packs of 15
137. If you lose a card game and your opponent chooses your rare cards you restart to get them back
138. You are contempt that bathrooms don't exist
139. You don't take showers
140. You can take multiple gunshot/stab wounds
141. You can go into an inn and buy beer after beer and nothing will happen
142. Shoes aren't a matter of style or brand name or comfortablility it's all about how well they will protect your feet from attack
143. The same music plays everytime you bet into a fight and it surprises you when it's more upbeat
144. The answer on how to beat every conflict in life can be found on the internet
idrather_not
145. You get a stylist pen and start to command what your friends do.
146. Cooking only takes you 30 sec. and eating takes you 10
147. Your tying to get down the stairs when someone is in the way and you spin around intill you slip through a crack
148. Your walking down a street and you sudenly get lodged between the sidewalk (quickly trying to escape so that you can go post about the glitch in life)
149. You start renaming to friends to make them seam more japanese
150. You measure your intellegence, strength, cooking ability, ect. one a scale of 1 to 10 and refer to them as stats.
151. Your friend trys to kill you and you kill your self just so that you can laugh at them
152. You don't have any friends
Pikokola
153. You shouting "Heal" when see somebody dying.
154. You yelling, aww... Return to save position when you fall down.
155. You think that you move faster than the other when you use a new boots.
156. You yelling, hey.. "You cheating, Stop that Game Shark", when see sombody extraordinary.
rightclickscott
Ok, we have a shitload now and I think I'm tapped out. So, I'm gonna start putting these on my site. Not only that, but the joke has worn off. People, please use these sparingly, because they aren't funny if they aren't original. I will give thanks to everyone contributed, because this is good. If anyone has any objections to me putting their's up, tell me. So keep them coming!
Rmgk
157.You gain 10 Kilograms
158. You begin yelling/swearing at people in your sleep (Really happened with friend)
159. You become too lazy to look for food so you lick the remains of oil on your keyboard.....
Yantaal
Whene evr someone asks how old you are you either reply with lvl 18, or you type /age to check howlong you have been playing
Josso
Quote:
157.You gain 10 Kilograms
158. You begin yelling/swearing at people in your sleep (Really happened with friend)


Sounds like Everquest. Seriously that game is life sucking.
headoncollision
160. You're wondering why they're overweight NPCs, when clearly everybody in your game isn't.
161. Running in the day or in the night doesn't effect you.
162. You excuse yourself from using the REAL ether from trying to restore mana/hp.
163. When being interviewed for a job and somebody asks you how much experience you have, you reply "Level 34 Warrior."
benwhite
My numbers are off because people were posting too fast, oh well!

145. You can carry can carry AND count millions of gold pieces, with just your hands
146. Standing in glowing light gives you special options, like teleportation, body switching, and putting your life on indefinite hold
147. You let yourself be beaten to a pulp and fight on the brink of death just to unlock your hidden powers
148. If you don't look in every drawer and cabinet and talk to every person you see, you might not get the good ending
149. There are literally a handful of minorities, in the entire world.
150. Your crush definitely has a magical jewel.
rightclickscott
benwhite wrote:
145. You can carry can carry AND count millions of gold pieces, with just your hands
146. Standing in glowing light gives you special options, like teleportation, body switching, and putting your life on indefinite hold
147. You let yourself be beaten to a pulp and fight on the brink of death just to unlock your hidden powers
148. If you don't look in every drawer and cabinet and talk to every person you see, you might not get the good ending
149. There are literally a handful of minorities, in the entire world.
150. Your crush definitely has a magical jewel.


Your numbers are way off, man.
darth_revan
164- you think your mum will punish you 1sec later because of lag
165- when you go somewhere, you wish you had a minimap
166- When your parents ask you to do sth, you think you'll gain xp and gp for that "quest"
167- When you see mountains and giantic buildings, you say "what the... i must have a good PC"
168- You get bad marks despite the skill points you've spent on intelligence and Wisdom
Sadow
169- if you think life is actually a RPG.
darth_revan
Sadow wrote:
169- if you think life is actually a RPG.


you mean, it isn't? arcanum is realer than real! And fallout is "as real as real"
Sadow
Yeah I actually mean that, Revan. Cool
darth_revan
i dont think my life is a RPG, i think arcanum is my life. that's the difference, i suppose Very Happy
Sadow
Yes and no I suppose. The RPG I'm playing IS my life, and there is real life.
I need real life to live my RPG life and I sometimes consider my real life as an RPG as well. Hmm, this might be confusing... d'oh!
gizmondo
170. you use words like noob and owned and pwnage in real life conversations.
rightclickscott
darth_revan wrote:
you mean, it isn't? arcanum is realer than real! And fallout is "as real as real"


That was still pretty damn funny. Augh, now I have to update my list...

...I liked it when this thread was dead.
NemoySpruce
171. You swear that squashing bugs makes you stronger, faster and smarter
172. When you cut yourself while cooking, your first instinct is to drink some green liquid.
173. you ask for 'greater mana potion' instead of coffee
174. You are wary of short people, because they may have storm bolt.
Guyon
175. You carry dice around to make real life decisions.
176. You dress in character for work.
177. You refer to your kids NPC's
178. You ask for ale when you go to restaurants.
179. You listen at real doors before you open them.
180. Check for treasure after fending off a mugger.

and # 181........
Waking up in the hospital, after referring to you wife as "wench" when asking for drinks at your RPG game.

Smile
ltbennett
this is still going............ mmm i dont think i have any more............................ no.............. wait im getting somthing................................... no lost it ah well.......................lol
Related topics
A Role Play forum
Any appreciaters of the RPG genre?
What Is The Best Rpg You Have Ever Played, RPG=role playing
Do you play online games?
Any Serious Sam Lovers
Your online routine
Looking for advice on making a good video game based website
Do you like play computer games?
Dirge Of Cerberus
Buying a Wii, what do you think about the Wii?
Do you play a instrament.
Future Classic Rock
Game Engines
Fallout 3
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Games

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.