FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what do you think of my site in progress?

Reyntjensw
hi, i'm building a site (i'm bussy making one) and i want to hear from you what you think about it, it isn't finished yet, but i'm working on it!
http://www.chismoor.net

i'm sorry, they are working on the server! that will slow down the site! it's better to try again in 5houres, i'll let you know asap when it's done

grtz
Reyntjensw
i'm glad to tell you that the server is back, the download speed is normal and the problems are solved.
please let me know what you think about it!

grtz
wumingsden
Ever thought about having it in english ? English is the most used language in the entire world so i think it will be a great benefit to you and your site. Do you plan on using Ad's on your site ?

P.S - if no-one has replied to a post that you've made then please edit your previous post rather than double-posting, thank you.
Reyntjensw
i'll translate it into english, i'll try to do that tonight, than i'll let you know when it's done!
sorry about not editing my previous post, i'll do that in the future

grtz
Keops
Yeh, tell us something when it is ready and I will rate your site Very Happy
Reyntjensw
i've translated the site (the part thats finished) can you tell me:
what do you think about the design/layout of the pages?

grtz
goutha
I like the design... but I think that you have to make a choice... high or low resolution... people who navigate don't like to click 2 ou 3 times ton find the information they are looking for.

That was my advice for you. But very good design... keep going!!!
Reyntjensw
the reason why i did it this way (with the high and the low resolutions) is just simpel, if someone has a screenresolutions of 1024x768 and the site is to big, that person has to scroll horizontal and i dont like that at all! actualy i hate it when i have to scroll horizontal, thats the reason!

grtz
Rsam
The bckground is ok, i like the gradient in the cntent box, but I don't like the comic sans for the menu. It's pretty good but it can definately be improved on.
SNES350
Having to choose both the language and the resolution will start visitors with a bad taste for your website. Try think of a better way to do it (use java so the page doesn't have to refresh between language and resolution?). Also, if you could reduce the number of images, that would be great. Waiting for so many images is really, really annoying, especially when they are just background.
ignition
I agree with what the others said; have the website automatically go to the english hi-res version (which is what most people will surely click on) and then give the option within the site to switch to something else. Having to go through two pages just to get to the site is annoying. Design is not bad though...interesting background. I like the color scheme also.
mariohs
IMO, the design is ok, in visual terms but I think you could also try some hover efects in the menu, make things look like more dynamic, hope you understand what I'm saying.

Besides that, I don't like the idea of using tables to struct sites, tables are for presenting tabular data, not for defining sites structure... try some concepts like Tableless and try to follow the W3C Webstandards
screamingdecay
ignition wrote:
I agree with what the others said; have the website automatically go to the english hi-res version (which is what most people will surely click on) and then give the option within the site to switch to something else. Having to go through two pages just to get to the site is annoying. Design is not bad though...interesting background. I like the color scheme also.

Agreed, most of the people can read and understand or understand to a point english.

The design its good, could use some more effects and such but its better then anything I could do.
Vrythramax
I like the site...if you could lose the heavy graphics and minimize the questions....a winner (IMO).
alkady
Whoa, The lay out, Design I really like it.
Vrythramax
alkady wrote:
Whoa, The lay out, Design I really like it.

guess you haven't seen my templates Smile
n0obie4life
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vf-13.html

Post in the correct forum Evil or Very Mad.

-close-
wumingsden
n0obie4life wrote:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vf-13.html

Post in the correct forum Evil or Very Mad.

-close-

note that i have moved the thread and unlocked it
budazz
there is a problem to your site it force the visitors to download not to view the page...
Michael B
Same as budazz said, it wants me to download your page. Have to done somethig to your .htaccess?

And if I ever see a site with a splash page, particuly a slow one with lots of pics I go for the back button, but a second splash page!!!!!! I think most users will do that same.

You should be able to make you site (not that I could see it) work with ralative widths it would be less work in the long term.
Reyntjensw
i've made another site, a smaller, faster site what do you think of the new site? http://www.chismoor.net
you can always view the old site at http://kaag.frih.net/chismoor

please post your reactions
Reyntjensw
how do you mean?
i did listen to the tips and the remarks!
if thats the question!

grtz
sprinqles
I really can't choose between the two but if you're going for a professional look, I'd go with the first one. The second one looks more of a personal web portfolio and its more creative than the first one. You might want to colaborate the two designs together, professional, creative and eye-catching all at the same time. Smile And add more to your description and welcome page. It looks a bit empty when you only have a few sentences there. Smile
Panrac
I think that the second one is much better. It looks better and loads faster. But for me there is to little information on home page, so when a visit it, I do not know what the page is actually about, and if I hadn't knew it earlier I won't see the reason to continue with the site.
And one thing about visual side. It would be nice if You do something with the text, change the font, add some colors, headers. Right now it's to flat and doesn’t mach with the rest of site.
tommyarnold
try a coloured scrollbar based on the background colours
sakurasky
I think the overall design is great! I like the color, the layout, and the dynamic picture content (the way they open up).
My only suggestion would be to liven up the text a little bit... add more emphasis on titles/words/links using bold, italics, and font color. CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) are great for this purpose. You can look through some good CSS resources here: http://www.pacificwebeffects.com/webtoolsdirectory/css.html
Donutey
you have three scroll bars that show up at my resolution (1024x768), with your site you could show the same information using percentages in CSS instead of pixels/inches etc. to eliminate them.

looks good!
rfwrangler
Your site is very clean and well designed. I liked the looks of it and it should serve you well as a portfolio site.
snowboardalliance
I would say make that box with the content a lttle wider and make a background/text color so it's not so plain.
vln004
there is soooo much wasted space, use it! the menu doesn't align correctly in opera.

other then that, good design.
Rsam
I like the new design a lot better. Some suggestions, make your content text area larger and match the background better, not a white BG, sorta sticks out. Otherwise looks pretty good.