FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Armageddon

Slammer
This has to be one of thee best films ever made, with independance day in 2nd place. I dunno why, i guess its just the whole world scale thing, like the what if? question. It was on Tv a while ago on here, n i went to school the next day, n there wasnt one person who didnt cry at it. Its just so sad, yet at the same time, its thrilling, inspirational, scary, and daunting.

Whats your views on it? Twisted Evil
inesquecivel
VEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY GOOOOD!

I Loved Armagedon!

And the sonorous track of the movie is the best!

Ver very very good!

Very Happy
Monkeydog
It was good but no were near one of the best films ever made(same as Independence day)unless all you watch are movies about the world getting destroyed by out side space things.
memsa
Bruce Willis is excellent as the unlikely and braooding hero as in all his "Die Hard" movies. I agree that monkeydog that it is in the middle of the pack...but I am not sure what is at the top.
roguejedi
I loved that movie! I love the whole end of the world theme. I see all of the movies that are like that.
mystikywi
I reallly liked the movie. I actually cried. It was so sad near the end where they showed clips of the world and the people. I liked the ending and couldn't have asked for a better ending for the movie
ToesInSock
Liked Armageddon a lot. I watched the movie in a theater, the surround sound and big screen adds to the movie.
Seemed to have quite a few negative reviews when initally released, usually revolving around the unrealistic storyline - probably because of the success of Apollo 13 that came out a few years earlier.
Did not know that much about it on the initial viewing other than seeing the trailer and good casting with Willis, Affleck, Tyler, and Thorton.
Well written, great special effects. I didn't have a problem with the storyline - after all it is a Action/Adventure/Sci-Fi movie - not a documentary!
You would have to be pretty cold not to shed a tear during the Harry/Gracey scene.
Ultimately, think it was nominated for a few Oscars but not sure.
Great movie.
Endurance
Slammer wrote:
This has to be one of thee best films ever made, with independance day in 2nd place.

I guess that now I have seen everything. Two best movies of all time Armageddon and Independence Day? Whoo... Rolling Eyes

I consider them both being good "pop-corn-flicks". They are entertaining, amusing and there are no silent moments. But good movies? Nah, just entertainment.

For home theater freaks both movies offer good stuff for demonstrating their systems.
bangala
Armageddon is a gret movie, but I remember seeing a similaar movie with the same idea. I don't remember the name of that film though.
HDirtwater
bangala wrote:
Armageddon is a gret movie, but I remember seeing a similaar movie with the same idea. I don't remember the name of that film though.

You're probably thinking of Deep Impact, which came out around the same time.

I agree with previous poster. These movies are home theater trash that look and sound good, but have nothing to do with great filmmaking.
jmudreamscape
Yeah, I have both Armageddon and ID4 on DVD...but only because you can always watch them, enjoy them, and they are decent flicks. But greatest movie...that's hard to swallow. Neither broke the mold. Both are about the same as Twister, Volcano, Day After Tomorrow, etc. I actually did like Deep Impact better, though, because it seemed more realistic (in its unrealism, yes).