FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you believe in ghosts?

Yes
36%
 36%  [ 17 ]
No
45%
 45%  [ 21 ]
A bit
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
I don't care. I died a long time ago. (ha ha)
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 46

saratdear
toughtrio
Yes I do, but start up a discussion. Whats this, Just one line for the post???
LMSdesign
One in a trailer I lived in for less than a year, he was a early turn the the centrly logger, red flannel shirt, with mid lenght sleaves, dirtly pants with suspendors, leather boost with pull straps attached, he had some facial hair and appeared to have been working all day, about early to mid thirties, he was standing at the end of my hall way by the back door, I thought at first someone had come into my house via the back door, it was always locked due to bad pourch stairs, I screamed when I saw him and it scared him more than it scared me and he was gone. but in the at flash of a second time seems to stand still and I knew he was there to tell me something and was afraid he would scare me and when I did scream he felt bad and did not want to scare me anymore so he left. I imedialty felt bad for being scared and knew he was no there to scare me, just to tell me something and I wanted him to come back, but he never did and I have not seen him sence.

The other was a young girl who died on the stair well of my old house and I saw her once and heard her all the time up stairs, she was very active, the house has sence been burned down but she is still there.
skygaia
I don't believe it.
There are no gohsts in the world.
They just live in our mind ^&^
ocalhoun
Never seen any convincing evidence for or against. Therefore I keep an open mind on that subject. Perhaps that's too logical a method to use, but that's how I decide about these kinds of things.
Really, it's like schrodinger's cat: until we gain conclusive evidence, scientificly ghosts both exist and do not exist.
heady233
saratdear wrote:
My grandma told me that before my uncle was born she had another kid that died inside of her. She said that after that she started seeing an older version of the girl that died inside of her.
Slick
i'll believe it when i see it! Laughing
pll
Slick wrote:

I agree !
Bu I know people who seen ghosts ect... But I don't believe it!
I don't believe it.
There are no gohsts in the world.
Becouse i never see it.
Maybe
They just live in our mind Laughing
shwetanshu
i dont beleive in ghosts...
rightclickscott
The ghost of my great grand-uncle still rests at the house I'm living at. He like's to cause us some greif, sometimes, but most of the time, he doesn't do anything too serious. There are tons of other family ghosts from all the way back when this place was built, but he's the most recent. It's good to know that I have spirits looking over my shoulder and watching every move I do...

Well, I study ghosts and I understand a great deal about them. I understand how hauntings work, I know what ghosts of what lineage are where, and I know how to communicate with them. All of you that say ghosts don't exist, you don't know how wrong you are. Ghosts do exist, and they aren't bad, they're people just like you and me, dead people, and some angrier than others. Some much MUCH angrier than others. You shouldn't be afraid of them, though. They might rattle afew pots and pans or make something fall to catch your attention, but all you need to do is understand that a ghost lives with you, and refer to it by name, and it'll be happy to know that you never forgot about it. If you have more questions about ghosts, just ask.
Jaime
I don't know....Maybe... If I'll go to the Hotel California....Noooo
I'm fine....I believe until the opposite does not demonstrate itself....
faker
i love hearing about ghost stories but i don't believe that theres any in this world at least not whast i've seen so far.... still i don't see what ghost want from us even if its true. Laughing
kung_fu_stu
I have yet to see a "ghost" but, as many others, I keep an open mind.

There are millions of things in front of our face every single day that we cannot see. The colour spectrum extends far beyond what our "human" eyes can pereive. All kinds of wavelengths and molecules (or atoms) exist iexist all around us and passing through us even.

Also, there are theories that exist involving parallel universes or multiverses. So, maybe our world exists in "layers" and we only pereive one of them; or even if we see 200 it is likely that 2 billion could exist. On top of that, maybe the next life or previous life (whatever you want to call it) exists in other "layers".

All in all "ghosts" could be other people crossing into our existence. One the other end of the scale perhaps we cross over into theirs, or at least get a glimpse of it. Just a theory!

Life is a question with no answer. Can you handle that?
mying
yes. i believe in ghost.
Wynand
I don’t believe in Ghosts.

What I do believe in is:
The good spirit of God that is amongst us.
The evil demons of the Devil that is also amongst us.
The spirits of the living people.

It is not always possible for us to see any of these spirits but sometimes it happens.
7gts-scout
pll wrote:
Slick wrote:

I agree !
Bu I know people who seen ghosts ect... But I don't believe it!

I also agree! there's no evidence or prove tat ghost exist... Wink

My school, Penang Free School, has lots of true stories saying my school is really haunted coz my school is the oldest school in southeast asia Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Davidgr1200
I don't believe in ghosts but I believe that the power of suggestion is very strong and can cause all sorts of hallucinations. I
Summer
i nvr see b4 so i duno wan to believe onot..but i heard its real
coldsubject
Has anyone ever heard of Einstein's theory that energy cannot be created nor destroyed?

Well we all have both electrical and chemical energy in our bodies. We are organically designed to carry our electrically charged brain and nervous systems. When we die our chemical bodies begin to break down and decompose. The organic side returns to wear it came from - energy changing into a different form of energy as Einstein's law says. So what happens to the electrical energy that flows through our brain? It can't simply disappear or fade away out of existence. That would break the laws of science. That energy has to still be somewhere only now it has changed into a different form of energy.

Of course what happens to the energy is really determined by personal faith. No one knows exactly what waits beyond this life. What we do know, thanks to science, is that the electrical pulse energy in each human being will always exist because as a rule it “cannot be destroyed.”

(idea from zerotime.com)

So really, if you think about it, ghosts can exist. There is actuall scientific proof that ghosts have the ability to exist, yet it's up to you to believe what happens to the energy.
I for one, believe in ghosts. To me, it all makes sense.
junodark
Yup.
Josso
I think the whole ghost thing is so heavily influenced by media and it gives it a bad name and people start assuming that it's fake because they've seen some crap on TV that is obviously fake. To be honest you've got to see to beleive.

I voted yes on the poll from personal experiences.
Ghost900
I am a ghost!!! No I am kidding but i belive there are spirits or ghosts or whatever you want to call them that stay in a place where they may have died but I don't know. Very Happy Crying or Very sad Twisted Evil
52tease
Although I can't speak to the existence of ghosts, it would be pretty stupid of me to instantly dismiss something I cannot see, feel, hear, etc. just for that reason.

I have heard about many particles and items that exist that I have never actually experienced myself, but I still accept their validity.

That being said, I answered the poll as "I don't believe in ghosts" because I can't ascribe these cross-dimensional connections and experiences as actual 'souls' trying to affect the world. I think that these 'apparitions' may exist (not that I have ever experienced a 'ghost') but that they are more than likely caused by something other than a disembodied intelligence. (interestingly enough...it seems that most ghost stories involve a disembodied intelligence that exhibits no actual intelligence; it just continues a pre-set pattern established somehow in that being's life or death)
QuickJelly
I used to get the chills in my old apartment, it was in an old house and I wouldn't be surprised if some people had died there. The strange things that went on there were actually one of the reasons me and my family moved.

But I'm not sure if I belive in ghosts, it's hard to tell whats real and what's just imagination. Maybe supernatural things exists, I've never actually encountered one. So until I do I wont belive in them.
[FuN]goku
yer ive seen a few of em around before.... so have my grandmother and grandfather... .and my dad
izcool
I believe in them (but I have not ever encountered with any) yet my dad has. He's told me numerous stories about when he encountered ghosts and I believe him - he wouldn't lie to me about it. So, in your poll, I voted for "Yes".

- Mike.
Jaime
Davidgr1200 wrote:
I don't believe in ghosts but I believe that the power of suggestion is very strong and can cause all sorts of hallucinations. I

This can be possible... but some people are off guard and tell that see spirit...
mark25
that's silly.. im 15 years old, but i didnt see any ghost... well, i dont believe in ghost... Rolling Eyes
mstreet
i'm not sure if I believe in ghosts it's one of those things where there might be a spiritual pressence that needs some help on finding their way.
tkcy
God exists. So does Jesus. So is the Holy Spirit.

There is a devil, there are evil spirits, there are ghost.

I have friends who can see "things", some are born with it, some can only see when they weak (e.g when she is sick). Well, this world is shared by some many creatures and so many things. I believe we can all live in harmony. Peace. Smile
Scorpio
tkcy wrote:
God exists. So does Jesus. So is the Holy Spirit.

There is a devil, there are evil spirits, there are ghost.

I have friends who can see "things", some are born with it, some can only see when they weak (e.g when she is sick). Well, this world is shared by some many creatures and so many things. I believe we can all live in harmony. Peace. Smile

Whong and you will get on together very well. Peace to you Laughing
rightclickscott
I think I should spread my message from the Di Vinci Code Thread to a broader audience, because this is a big message that I want people to hear. If this is going to become a thread about God, then people should listen to other opinions.
lycadia
52tease wrote:
(interestingly enough...it seems that most ghost stories involve a disembodied intelligence that exhibits no actual intelligence; it just continues a pre-set pattern established somehow in that being's life or death)

I don't believe that "Ghost" implies a disembodied intellegence. A lot of people who do believe in and set themselves up as experts in the paranormal don't neccessarily concieve of ghosts as being sentient, but rather as a sort of energy imprint which simply repeats one or a variety of familar actions in set places in response to something else.

Of course other people feel that ghosts are actually disembodied people's spirits which would be capible of intellegently reacting to new situations, acting as messangers or protecting a place or people and so on.

I'm afraid I might be repeating something someone else will have said before now, but I think there are at least two schools of thought on what ghosts are and how they behave, even amongst people who beleive in them.
borud
I don't belive in ghosts. Ghosts are a ridiculous fantacy thing...
mceejaydee
jaime wrote:
I don't know....Maybe... If I'll go to the Hotel California....Noooo
I'm fine....I believe until the opposite does not demonstrate itself....

That song is about a drug rehab center yakno Laughing
wapkralj
I don't believe in ghosts....i think that they don't exist by my faith...then I haven't see any proofs too.....no reason to believe in them....
rightclickscott
Seriously, you people who say that ghosts don't exist, you must not have read the entire thread, because I TALK TO GHOSTS! I communicate with spiritual beings on another level, and I know they exist. If you want to still think that they don't exist, then just keep believing, because it's not true. It's not fantasy, it's reality, and it doesn't matter how much you post saying there is no such thing, you don't know how wrong you are.
patafizicar
... stories for small children, and those who still feel like children, I guess Wink
thiamshui
yes, i believe there are ghosts in this world.. personally, i seen them before.. if ghosts do not exist n are part of our imaginations, why do so many ppl claim to hav seen them before? Not everything can be explained by science.. We're not alone! Smile
Dj Redrum
i've voted for yes as i have seen a ghost before and that i do believe in them.
lpclimber
I never believe such thing!
jeslikesyou
I believe in them, but not in a Hollywood/Casper/cartoony sense.

On a related note: did anybody else read about the school (in England, I believe) that offered courses in parapsychology?
smokey4life
Hmm again this is a good topic for discussion however i find myself kind of torn between answers i would like to be quick to say NO!!! But then again i have witnessed with my very own eyes some really freaky shit in my day. But then again not anything with enough evidence to say it was a ghost. I could list and tell stories about some of the weird things i have encountered in my day but that would take some time and better for a later post. But could the things we all have witnessed to make us believe there are ghosts or that we have seen a ghost just be from all the propaganda and movies we see on a daily basis and from this when we see something out mind is blowing it out of context and instantly thinking "Its a Ghost!!" or what? I'm not exactly one to say there is or is however some of the things i have actually seen would leave me to believe that there is a possibility of outside afterlife forces.

Such as weird shadow figures and things of the nature. But again like i said above could this simply be because of the things we all see on a daily basis and when we see these "shadows" or whatever it might be in your case that we only think we are seeing a shadow of a person or whatnot seeing as sometimes you only catch a glimpse and i have made many mistakes from just that. I think it is very possible that our minds could be playing tricks on us then again there really might be some type of afterlife forces still roaming the earth. But until we actually have evidence that there is or is NOT "Ghosts" i think no one should actually answer this question in the literal sense and only post their personal opinion or statement.
AzTeK
i don't beleive in ghost, like actual dead people who are roaming around, but I do beleive in the power of ones mind, if your in a area that has strange magnetic tension and other things one can be tricked into seeign things, but thats about it...
cnnet
I don't think there's ghost on the earth
as I never saw any one Laughing
xkobram
No, i dont, but sometimes i feel scared - its fun to watch the way how the brain is thinking. Just look into dark and imagine what can be there ...
SkullPizza
at least most people on this forum are reasonable in this regard.
quixotic
SkullPizza wrote:
at least most people on this forum are reasonable in this regard.

It's kinda hard to judge who is reasonable and who is not in this reguard, since it's at least partly a question of beliefs.

Anyway, yes, I do believe they exist. Why? Because, while I admit that I'm clinically insane and talk to people who aren't there, I can very easily separate what is in my head from what isn't, and I can tell when there's someone other than my imagined people in my apartment. I know there was a man watching me from the living room because I saw him.

And, though my mom hasn't seen him, she has experienced some rather strange things. While I was out of state, she was sitting at her computer, and my door pounded open, the same kind of sound that she ONLY hears when I'm opening my bedroom door. She looked, and my door was open, but I was still days away from being home.

You can't imagine a door opening.