FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Spore?

zanzou
So, there I was, watching E3 coverage, getting annoyed as they kept talking about this thing called "Spore" by the guy who did the Sims.

'What do I care?' I asked myself. 'Shut up and move on to something else!' I thought.

..and then they had a demo.

AND NOW I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME. :D :D :D

Anybody else ready to be addicted?
KSheriff
I read an article about it in the local newspaper, so can't say I've seen the demo. From the reading alone, it sounds very...interesting. I've very interested in just how dynamic creature creation and evolution is really going to be. There will ultimately have to be a finite amount of areas you put your DNA points into, so I really hope they just aim really, really high with the variables.

It seems to me that every new game should be different, with different possible threats, climate conditions, etc. If the final project actually becomes completely dynamic, it will undoubtedly blow the socks off of any gamer that gives it a shot, in my opinion anyhow.
djsamsung
woohoo! was addicted to sims....can't wait for this!

i've seen the E3 Coverage and the gameplay...looks really awesome.
exarkun
Well, Spore makes me think of Singapore, and it was quite weird to relate it to a game. However, I will try to find out what you all were talking about. Wink
ForceRun
It has a lot of possiblities. I didn't know if I want to declair myself a fan at this point. But the whole idea of creating creatures is a lot like old Sim Life, which was fun at first. But got boring after the first half dozen races made it to the space age. They would all build ships and blast off, and you had to start all over again. So other than the cool idea, I wonder if this game will be entertaning for more than just one night or week.

Also if you guys could post a link to what you are talking about it would be easier to find out what you are talking about.
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/video_player/popup.php?pid=926714&sid=6150235&tab=related
Commando_Sondre
ForceRun wrote:

Also if you guys could post a link to what you are talking about it would be easier to find out what you are talking about.
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/video_player/popup.php?pid=926714&sid=6150235&tab=related
I cant wait to this (and FarCry: Crysis) comes. Will Wright is teh man! This game is gonna be outstanding, and new!
Scaramanga
ForceRun wrote:
It has a lot of possiblities. I didn't know if I want to declair myself a fan at this point. But the whole idea of creating creatures is a lot like old Sim Life, which was fun at first. But got boring after the first half dozen races made it to the space age. They would all build ships and blast off, and you had to start all over again. So other than the cool idea, I wonder if this game will be entertaning for more than just one night or week.

From my understanding it doesn't end there. Your race takes to space and then the game shifts to a galactic civilization game, with either conquest or colonization (the latter of which DOES start you over again, but in the same universe, so there's continuity.) Sim Life/Sim Earth were, I hate to say it, overreaching games that really weren't all that fun to play, but as you pointed out, they sort of pointed in the direction Wright was going to go.
DeadX
This game seems veryopen-ended to me.

If youare in the spacetimeyoucan use your ufo search for planetswhere you can live on (and create a colony there), to search other life and contact them(and/or destroy them) and even use toolson planets to make them livable.

I've also read somewhere that whem you are in this last time it's actually asort of sandboxwhereyoucan dowhat you want.
Animal
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-37532.html

Please search before posting.

-close-