FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP or HTML

Which type of site would you prefer?
HTML
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
PHP
33%
 33%  [ 10 ]
Both
63%
 63%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 30

EternalDragon
Which type of site would you prefer?
Helios
PHP+HTML+FLASH+PYTHON Laughing
foggy
I believe that it has already been stated on this site that you can't really compare HTML and PHP effectively. HTML is a client-side scripting language and is almost required to display content to the user over the HTTP protocol. PHP, on the other hand is server side, and thus outputs normal text to the browser.

So my answer? None of the above, only because the question was not really valid.
Bondings
Php is used to generate html. You can't really compare them because they have a different function.

You can compare php with perl, asp or even the client-side javascript.
EternalDragon
Im not talking about which coding is better, I'm talking about which type of site would you like, just a HTML site or a PHP type of site.
foggy
EternalDragon wrote:
Im not talking about which coding is better, I'm talking about which type of site would you like, just a HTML site or a PHP type of site.
I understand what you meant, but to have a php site, you have to have a HTML site also.

If given the choice I would rather make a PHP+HTML site rather than a plain HTML site.
meangurl
actually i don't know much about FTP, i just use it for dynamic inclusion but anyway i'd also be better off with HTML+PHP rather than HTML only since it's such a hassle to edit all HTML pages just to change the layout, yeah, i simply can't live without dynamic inclusion. PHP obviously is very important when it comes to webdesigning.
frozenhead
foggy wrote:
If given the choice I would rather make a PHP+HTML site rather than a plain HTML site.

I agree, its quite good to have it both.. Imagine a site where you need to update it's contents freqruently?.. It should have a way to update it without much effort, PHP can offer such solution to it and HTML because its the basic framework of all browsers developed! and you can't really can't get rid of it..
Seregwethrin
Php dynamic, html static. So you can't compare them. They are all different.
Monkeydog
I only know HTML so i haveta go with it...
EternalDragon
I'm making a tutorial that teaches the basics about PHP.
It also will discuss how forums, portals, and blogs are made.

Once I submit it, if you guys will accept it, maybe you'll learn something Wink
Helios
What do you think about ColdFusion ?
I will start to learn it soon.
EternalDragon
I am clueless about ColdFusion Confused
WickedGravity
When you have a site that uses PHP, it obviously uses HTML. PHP is just the programming in the background, all you see is HTML.

A combination is always good because PHP allows you more functionality and options if you need them.
EternalDragon
But still the question stands,

PHP-Nuke Website or just a plain HTML site.
foggy
Moved to scripting.

And EternalDragon, it depends on what you want to accomplish with your site, and if you are experienced enough in HTML to create a site that can compare to PHP-nuke yourself. For example if you wanted to have a user community that could post and interact with each other, that would be impossible to do with just HTML and would be better done with a php script either suited for it, or developed by you. If you just wanted to created a small site that gives information on something and you weren't planning on updating it often, it might be better to go with just HTML.

There is no definitive answer to your question.
GiLaD
Of course PHP! It's a little bit more complicated than HTML, but it's much more easier to update.
mathiaus
Added the option 'Both' even though PHP on its own would produce horific looking results Twisted Evil
mark
I would prefer both. But I don't think a site will look good with just HTML. It should have dynamic effects and user interactivty.
Grimboy
Helios. Where will you get a "cold fusion[b][/b]" server? What with the server software costing in it's lowest $1,299 and all. Very Happy
Cerb
Yeah, you cannot really compare PHP to HTML.

PHP is a server-side scripting language generating HTML code, which is a client-side language that the browser interprets.

It all depends on what you want to do with your site, for instance, if you wish to create a script to make it easier to post news, you will have to use a server-side scripting language. With HTML, you would need to update the news file manually.

Also, PHP's include function is extremely handful for a site you plan to update frequently. Let's say you have a bunch of pages with a Menu & Content layout, if you'd want to update the menu, you would need to update its HTML code from all HTML files, where you could simply update the menu.php file if you used PHP.

In short, there is no "better language", it all depends on what you plan to do.
DaNGeR
php is the better than html... i like php mambo... mambo is the best one of php
izcool
I chose both, as you can't have one working without the other. Very Happy

You can't really do much with PHP if there is no HTML to display the data with. You can, but it would be really hard and really messy looking otherwise.

- Mike.
Alienz
izcool wrote:
I chose both, as you can't have one working without the other. Very Happy

You can't really do much with PHP if there is no HTML to display the data with. You can, but it would be really hard and really messy looking otherwise.

- Mike.

Agree.
snowboardalliance
well both = php

But anyway, I like to use php to build templates and integrate log-ins, but I keep my content out of databases so it's more like html.
whoami
I like php sites, databases make things more interesting and personal. Although php sites take longer and are much harder to make they generally are worth it.
scompany
Wait... PHP only generate HTML, so you can't have only PHP site! But, when comparing clean HTML and PHP genereted, I would chose second one! With php you can easy change content on your site, ex. file or database!
vizavex
need both to cover each others
GabrielR15
I use the system of portals PHP-Nuke is the best in my opinion, and it requires both PHP, html as in some parts. The easier it is undoubtedly the html, but it is the most complete, and PHP is not without html, then the two must always be together, or there is a site that provides. Flash also helps sometimes, but a language is much more complicated for those who have no way, I'm going to Flash, Dreamweaver and HTML and even Flash is so hard
GabrielR15
I use the system of portals PHP-Nuke is the best in my opinion, and it requires both PHP, html as in some parts. The easier it is undoubtedly the html, but it is the most complete, and PHP is not without html, then the two must always be together, or there is a site that provides. Flash also helps sometimes, but a language is much more complicated for those who have no way, I'm going to Flash, Dreamweaver and HTML and even Flash is so hard