FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sony VS Microsoft

toughtrio
Well I know you all would have been bored by all those obnoxious ps3 and xbox360 controversies, but I would like to shed some light on what is the viewpoint of a neutral unbiased person.
Firstly XboX didnot release the HD DVD till now but sony has already released Blu ray discs for testing. Micrsoft says that Blu rays can get damaged by scratching, but they themselves use the same technology in the HD DVD Drives. Everyone thinks that Xbox is much cheaper than PS3, but the thing is that a mere $599 is I spose affordable by everyone who is a pure gamer and can sacrifise a little for the best console in the wolrd today.

Tell me your views on this stuff.
Warm Regards, Abdul Basit
L0pht
Personally, I would prefer XBOX because of the graphics, I just am crazy about it. Well, but PS3 is comming with a new revolutionary processor, the CELL PROCESSOR, which appears to be a major advantage... Maybe when I test a PS3 I will be able to experience further diferences form Microsoft's little baby Wink
thuganomics
Sony's Playstation 3 for sure, XBOX 360 are known for overheating issues and everyone is refunding it like mad. My friend bought a XBOX 360 and it froze before he even put a game in -.-

Killzone 2 on Playstation 3 will kill Halo 3 on XBOX 360 !!!
selim06
i think Sony because of PS3 it will be better than XBOX and i think they have the same achivement on HD DVD and Blue RAy technologies...
ForceRun
You know as new and great as the new Cell CPU will be, it really won't make the Playstation any better. The Video system is where it all happens the Playstation 2 had a lot of fan because it relesed first and had a bunch of games even that most of the games suxed. Then the Xbox came out and it had a much better video card and Halo. Thats what sold the Xbox. Now the 360 came out first of the two and has some sweet game titles to it's name, and has HD to a point. It will be interesting when if ever the Playstatiion3 will comes out and how it actually holds up to the 360. Either way I will sick with my PC, I have a LCD with is ten times better than most peoples TVs, 5.1 system, and the list goes on. The thing that really make the PC better is a Mouse, Key board, and full joy stick. You can take most PCs and put a sweet graphics card in them and it becomes a gaming rig that simple.
toughtrio
Whatever u say forcerun, The PS3 will and already the PS2 has the compatibility to attach a USB Keyboard and enjoy ur games as u do on ur own PC. You donot need no upgrades for any console games, no installation hassle, just insert and play. But the thing lies in which one to play. I am not partial with sony, but its just that everything seems to be coming out right for them. They are gonna defy the XBOX live and create an all new something PS3 live sort of thingy which will be much more better than Microsoft's. Whatever Sony does, we can only wait and watch, theres nothing much one can do.
Xeniczone
I have a playstation 2 so fair I'm not inpressed with either of the xboxes. Xbox 1 is a computer with a forign os.
Xbox 360 has a lot of errors that many still haven't been fixed.

As for killzone. I have played halo halo 2 and killzone. KillZone is a lot better then halo. But Halo 2 I'm kind of not sure. I guess I would rate them evenly. for what I've seen in killzone 2 is the same as killzone 1 except their is a major graphics inprovments that encouraging me to buy it and the ps3.

So fair the best game system out their that is coming is the playstation 3. but with an estimated cost of 500-700 dollars it is a risk on sonys side. Microsoft is losing money on the xbox 360 to keep it cheap. Sony doesn't have the money to do that really.
psycosquirrel
PS3 did not come out early this year as predicted because Sony wanted to be sure to slaughter Microsoft. Therefore, the PS3 > Xbox360 by far. I have heard nothing good about the 360 either.
Xeniczone
Yeh ps3 and xbox360 are almost oposites:

PS3:
Pros:
cell chip cpu
256 xdr(i think they call it) ram
blueray-rom drive
slytistic case (opition)
blue something wireless controllors (not radio frequesncy like xbox 360 that interfere with eachother)

Cons:
Price

Xbox 360
Pros:
Price

Cons:
cd scratch
psu overheat
has to be water cooled
wireless controllors get confused with other xboxes in room.
ugly disign(option)
has microsoft brand name on it (fact and option)
rtsweb
Quote:
Personally, I would prefer XBOX because of the graphics, I just am crazy about it.

Actually, PS3 graphics are better, if not the same as 360's Wink . I'm looking forward to buying a PS3, price is no problem. $600 is actually a really good price because the cost of developing a ps3 to sony is around $1000 per unit Exclamation
Xeniczone
Quote:
Actually, PS3 graphics are better, if not the same as 360's Wink . I'm looking forward to buying a PS3, price is no problem. $600 is actually a really good price because the cost of developing a ps3 to sony is around $1000 per unit Exclamation

Actually, your right. The Playstation 3 supports a higher version of HD tv. The higher the resolution the better the game looks. EG. Halo looks much better on the PC then the Xbox. Even if you had the same graphic's card as the one used in the xbox because it is at a much higher resolution.

The Playstation 3 even has 2x the power of an xBox 360 speical thanks to Sony, IBM, Toshiba for the invention of the Cell Micro Processor.
Lied
From my point of view, i would not chose a console over how many Pipelines or Ghz the system has (since the diference is not that big) but mostly about what games each console has.Am a fanatic RPG player and i know that the best RPGs come for PS so, am gonna get a PS for myself.
Xeniczone
Quote:
From my point of view, i would not chose a console over how many Pipelines or Ghz the system has (since the diference is not that big) but mostly about what games each console has.Am a fanatic RPG player and i know that the best RPGs come for PS so, am gonna get a PS for myself.

I would never do this. I would do it by the looks of the games. Specs can be deciving. This goes into how the AMD has lower ghz then the pentium 4 but still out proforms it.
Balthamos
Sony is asking way too much for that system. Another fallback of both the 360 and the PS3 is that they are trying to do too much. I don't want some jack of all trades multimedia thing, I want a gaming system. It seems like the only one who really knows what they're doing is Nintendo, and they should, seeing as they have the most experience in the console making business.

~Balthamos
sinux
Sony is too expensive !!
And MS is easier to produce !

But there is a lot of producers who'll use sony's

Wait and see
Donutey
wiiiiiiiii....

something like 70% of japanese said they would get a wii instead of sony, only 7% for the xbox 360
psycosquirrel
We are not talking about the wii though.

<offtopic>

I can see the Nintendo Wii ads now, they will follow the perversion of the DS's ads (touching is good). Now its going to be "Want to com play with my Wii? We can LAN up and have a Wii Wii party if you want!"

</offtopic>

I saw a friend's 360. He played for a while... then it froze. He had to let it cool, rebooted, then it froze again from overheating. Nice try Microsoft, but you still suck.