FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dragonforce

floyd7rose
Does anyone like them? So far they've got onto scuzz, karrang and mtv2 in England. If you don't know them they are an extreme power metal band with one of the fastest and best young guitar players out there. the band isnt so much about the lyrics, the lyrics are adventures and somewhat fantastic but their music is amazing! Their singer can really sing and instrumental parts are some of the most complex ever.
Ray Salamon
I love Dragonforce. I have Dragonforce and Sonic Firestorm from them. I remember the first song I heard from them was "Fury of the Storm". KILLER killer guitar work. Very solid and impactful rhythm section. I can't wait to see them live... hopefully.
Hobbit
I love them too. I can play like the first 2 minutes of "Fury Of The Storm" on the guitar.
floyd7rose
I have 3 DF covers on youtube, if ya want, just search dragonforce or floyd7rose. they're old though.
Ghost Face
Lolz dude. "Where Red Dragons Roam" and the one about storms. Mmmm, I love you Dragonforce.
Archetype
I personally don't like them, asI just think they're too generic, and cheesy, much like most power metal these days. There's a lot better power metal out there, with a lot more talent and technicality than these guys. I mean, they're talented guys, don't get me wrong, but it's just the same old thing that's been done time and time again.
Shewolf
Dragonforce is fun, truly fun Smile
Though I have not listened to them a lot, I love what I have heard.
floyd7rose
I doubt thereb are bands with more technical attributes. Talent, yes, technicality(sp), no. Dragonforce is about as technical it gets for power metal. Necrophagist is a pretty technical death metal band but still, try playing a DF solo and you'll see. (Or just look at the tab) Sonata arctica is my fav PM band though.
Mamsaac
MY SOOUUUL AND MY SPIRIT WIL GO ONNNN FOR ALL OF ETERNITY!

that's my answer. Their best song IMO
achene
i think they are ok. not the greatest power metal band but some of their songs are great - for instance through the fire and flames. but some of their songs arent that great.

but still it depends on what music style you prefer
rusayub
I think that Dragonforce is quite good group, playing power metal. As for me, i like their last album ( 2004, Sonic Firestorm). It is the most impressive with such songs as "My Spirit Will Go On" or "Soldiers Of The Wasteland". But previous albums ( "Inhuman Rampage" and "Valley Of The Damned" ) are not bad too.
anxiety1
i used to really like these

i got the first to albums but i find them really smaeish

any one think the same?>?
floyd7rose
Inhuman rampage and Sonic Firestorm are quite alike, with all the dual solos and recycled riffs. But never the less still great. I've been digging the first album these days, damn, revalations, such a great song!
Tatsumaru
I've seen them last week at graspop, they were pretty cool. I never really got into them though, because sometimes it just seems like it's over-the-top fast guitarwork- and they play it too often so it isn't special anymore. That was my first impression of them anyway. If I can find their album for a reasonable price I'll give them a good shot.
anxiety1
i dont like these, there well repeative, all the songs sound similar and i find it pretty cheesy, although they are very good live
Tynerius
anxiety1 wrote:
i used to really like these

anxiety1 wrote:
i dont like these...

LOL Dude, make up your damn mind. Or say it all in one post. Your choice I guess.
pll
I really like them. Espeacially the song " Through the fire and flames " !
Nutteloos
These guys always crank me up. Doesn't matter what they're singing, the speed always gives it a 'happy' sound. If you need something to drive away the hiphop sounds from some other person living in the same house, look no further, and turn up the volume. Razz
Sickness
I still remember when I saw the solo part of "operation ground a pound"... it's one of the freakest things I've ever seen. Rolling Eyes
ashok
Dragonforce is fun, truly fun Smile
Though I have not listened to them a lot, I love what I have heard.
Josso
I've always kind of taken them with a pinch of salt to be honest, the face melting solo's must take some skill though to be fair Laughing
anxiety1
they are alright,

but i find that every song is pretty much the same, and has a twenty minute guitar solo in it