FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Car emissions

Ester
I have just taken my car for an inspection and it failed on the emissions. Has anyone any help on how to reduce the emissions.
CrimsonStrange
Here's a link that might point you in the right direction, Ester -

http://www.nsc.org/ehc/mobile/mse_fs.htm

Generally, a car won't pass inspection if it's burning oil or if your catalytic converter is shot. Might wanna get it checked out.
DeFwh
my moms car need to replace the gas cap so maybe you could do that
Ester
DeFwh wrote:
my moms car need to replace the gas cap so maybe you could do that

This sounds as though it could be the problem, there is a smell of gas when the window is open. Thanks I will try that.
Ester
CrimsonStrange wrote:
Here's a link that might point you in the right direction, Ester -

http://www.nsc.org/ehc/mobile/mse_fs.htm

Generally, a car won't pass inspection if it's burning oil or if your catalytic converter is shot. Might wanna get it checked out.

When the car had it's inspection they also said that it was burning oil, and to keep a watch on it, so it could be the reason the emissions are so high. Thanks
Slick
head gasket could be on the way out!
Ester
I know it's a long time since my first post about our car, but we still have not got the car back from the garage. After failing the immissions test, we took the car to a mechanic who said that he would fix it for us, he relaced the engine and took it for another test but it still failed. He then trying again, but something blew up in the engine, I think it was a pipe or something. Now after three and half months, it is still in the garage, and we have no idea when we will be getting it back, looks like you people out there know more about cars than our mechanic. My husband is off down to the garage again now to see if it's finished I will let you know of the outcome.
qbawler311
At an auto parts store this is a product called Gaurantee Pass or double your money back.