FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

any workaround??

photon
well i had asked this question in the CMS forum, but no one replied. so here goes..

im using simplemachines forum, and the problem is that i cannot use package manager. it needs fopen and fclose functions, which i know are not allowed here Sad anyway, without the package manager, i cannot install any mods or additional components.. and manual installation is too damn complicated and will mostly never function properly

so is there any other way to use the package manager successfully?? i would really appreciate anyone helping!! Smile

thanks a lot
krazycapital
Fopen and Fclose aren't allowed? News to me. I'll have to rewrite my site at this rate... I thought they were, and I've never seen anything that said they weren't.
photon
i think fopen and fclose were disallowed after the server 2 crashed.. im not sure though. but the error logs also suggest the same.
toughtrio
WHy dont u ask bondings directly, maybe he could offer you a better alternative. Well, if u have patience that he might roll over ur thread, then its ur luck,

Warm Regards,
Bondings
Which error do you get. And normally fopen/fclose should still be working, just not outside your own directories.
photon
hey, thanks bondings for responding..

regarding the error, this is what i get in the forum error log

Quote:
2: fopen(/Themes/default/Display.template.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: /Sources/Subs-Package.php

2: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource

512: package_flush_cache(): some files are still not writable
Line: 1911

this happens with all the mods that i tried. ive checked the file permissions, paths, even uploaded evey single file in the package manually. but still the problem exists. i guess there is some problem with regard to permission as the errors suggest, so it would really be nice if you can help me out..
photon
bump..... guys any help is appreciated... even if you suggest any other way to install mods.. PLEASE HELP!! im getting freaked out cause im not able to install anything Sad
Bondings
Quote:
2: fopen(/Themes/default/Display.template.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: /Sources/Subs-Package.php

2: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource

512: package_flush_cache(): some files are still not writable
Line: 1911

I'm a bit confused when I see this. I'm not completely sure, but it seems like it's trying to open the "/Themes/default/Display.template.php" file. This file isn't in your own directory (no permission) and doesn't even exist on the server. You should rather try to open it relative to your files, it is without the first "/" or with the complete path: "/home/username/domains/domain/public_html/.../Themes/default/Display.template.php".
n0obie4life
First off, make sure the file is there Smile.

I recommend starting with

fopen("./whatever/whatever/whatever.php");

The "./" is important sometimes Wink.
photon
hey sorry guys, in a hurry i got only a part of the error message Embarassed.. the complete message is like this :

Quote:
fopen(/home/photon/domains/photon.frih.net/public_html/Themes/default/Display.template.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: /home/photon/domains/photon.frih.net/public_html/Sources/Subs-Package.php

fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
File: /home/photon/domains/photon.frih.net/public_html/Sources/Subs-Package.php

i guess the complete path is there now.. or should it be something different?
Bondings
I tested the fopen function and it seems to work. I really have no idea why it doesn't on your website, to be honest.
photon
hmm ok.. anyway, thanks for the trouble bondings!! really appreciate it Smile

ive posted this in the SMF forums, so hopefully ill get a reply