FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to configure my webmail home page....

k_s_baskar
Hi.

I am using uebimiau webmail application which is provided by frihost to view my pop3 mail accounts in frihost.

i am accessing my pop3 accounts from http:/mysite.frih.net/webmail

is it is possible to configure the appearence of the opening page with my own logo etc.,

if it is possible please post.

advance thanks for your reply

bye
Smile
wumingsden
k_s_baskar wrote:
Hi.

I am using uebimiau webmail application which is provided by frihost to view my pop3 mail accounts in frihost.

i am accessing my pop3 accounts from http:/mysite.frih.net/webmail

is it is possible to configure the appearence of the opening page with my own logo etc.,

if it is possible please post.

advance thanks for your reply

bye
Smile

No, it is not. uebimiau and squirrelmail run from one direct global location, not too sure where (/var/www/*/squirrelmail) Question Confused Anways, this means that you cannot change any files. If there are skins available for uebimiau then Bondings may install one/them although you will not be able to customise the look yourself.
k_s_baskar
apart from using global script, is it is possible to install and configure a copy of uebimiau webmail script for my own. Or need any root access for it?
wumingsden
Although I still believe that uebimiau is installed globally because of the fact that you see no uebimiau files i now think that it is possible to install it yourself, In the installation documentation it states the following:

Quote:
----------------------------------------------------
INSTALL
----------------------------------------------------
- Unpack the package (.tar.gz or .zip file) into a directory within your web server,
eg /home/httpd/webmail (*unix) or c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webmail (Win32).

I'd advise you to not waste your disk space, if however you want to try and install it I say go ahead although I don't know whether this is preferred by bondings. either way he should see this post before you'd fully consider installing it or not
k_s_baskar
okey i'll wait for bondings suggestions than...
wumingsden
Ok, finally spoke to Steve in between mine and his exam timetable Very Happy

It is possible although not easy to configure so unfortunately what you want cannot happen.
Also note that its not on show, only you/close friends should have thier own username@*site_name*.firh.net email address so only a few people would need to see it. If a lot of people had username@*site_name*.firh.net email addresses then it'll be classed as running your own email service which is not allowed here at frihost