FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bluetooth problem

erlendhg
I have a problem with installing a bluetooth USB dongle on my pc.
I'm running Windows XP Service Pack 2.

I have installed everything just as the instructions told me to, and it seems to me that the drivers is installed properly, so I think it is a software problem, but I'm not sure.

The problem is that if I try to run the configuration wizard after installing, the program says at one point that you should choose wich bluetooth services the computer should use, but there is no list of services there, just nothing, and I can't press forward or back, just cancel.

Then, if I try to access My Bluetooth places, explorer.exe shuts down every time Evil or Very Mad Ahhhhrrrgghh.

The software and drivers is delivered from WIDCOMM.

Can anyone help me???

---

EDIT 1: Oh, and I almost forgot....

The main bluetooth driver´s name is "Broadcom 2045 Bluetooth 2.0 USB Device" and the driver version is 4.0.1.2900

---

EDIT 2: Seems like no one wants to help me
I'm really stuck at this problem.

I tried to download different drivers from the producent to the bluetooth USB dongle, but none of them worked. Always the same explorer.exe chrash.

Now i use temporarly a driver that I downloaded from Windows Update, but it is not so good, because it doesn't have so many features, and I really miss My Bluetooth Places.

Pleeease, someone, help me!
Animal
Please do not multiple post. If you have something to add, use the Edit button instead. I have merged your three posts into one.

In terms of your problem, if people knew how to help, they would. If you can't find any help on this forum, try Google.