FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Media Player 11

Fulgore217
Any one use this yet? I've seen previews for it and I guess it got release? Please let me know if its better than MP10 I'm using WinAmp to play my media due to not liking MP10.
paurna
Fulgore217 wrote:
Any one use this yet? I've seen previews for it and I guess it got release? Please let me know if its better than MP10 I'm using WinAmp to play my media due to not liking MP10.

well i did see a link for it at softpedia but it has now mysteriously disappeared.
kelvinpoon

Windows Media Player 11

Main interface:
win66
I think media player 11 haven't release...
pokethamage
i thought mp 11 was vista only...right?
kelvinpoon
MP 11 is pre-installed on vista.someone said that it will release for windows xp at the end of June.
Bones
WMP 11 beta for XP should be out tomorrow, well actually later today now (May 17th)
Commando_Sondre
Bones wrote:
WMP 11 beta for XP should be out tomorrow, well actually later today now (May 17th)
I have it! And it is an extremly good version of WMP! The design, and the library plus URGE! Microsoft has created a almost perfect Media Player!
selim06
It seems really good and very good looking...and
Quote:
I have it! And it is an extremly good version of WMP! The design, and the library plus URGE! Microsoft has created a almost perfect Media Player!
How could you download it and install?Could you give us the legal link...I really liked it's looking...
Bones
I'm curious as to what OS those screenshots came from. It looks like a very early longhorn beta, as the IE icon isn't the IE7 icon, or at least not the one in use now, there is no start button anymore, and there is no version tatoo in the lower right. Build 5270 maybe?
Bones
Windows Media Player download links are up for beta 11.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/default.mspx
Just remember though, it isn't going to look quite as pretty as the pics above, since there is no glass in XP
anurag_bhd
Bones wrote:
Windows Media Player download links are up for beta 11.

Geee... Thanks for the good news and a more good link. I was just awaiting the release of WMP 11 for a long while. I am now downloading it and hope that it is a lot better than its predecessor. The screenshots look really nice, though I earlier tried the WMP 11 skin from an external source, but it was not a good deal as it was just a skin. Thanks again. Cool
Helios
My Windows copy isn't legal Sad
shwetanshu
I have WMP 11 ad its very good... interface rox Smile
jacky.goy
Thanks Bones for the link, I'm using WMP 11 now and it's really cool.

Best Rgds,

Jacky

Smile
tokar86a
Yes MP11 is very cool.
tlambert
I agree with you folks. I've been using MP9 for the last couple of months since I found out MP10 wasn't exactly "nice" for me. I mean, I couldn't work with it, while MP9 was a tremendeous piece of software. MP11 is a giant leap forward! Cool!

(On the screenshot, is it the MediaCentre theme, or is it Vista?)
Bones
You're welcome guys, I like WMP 11 too so far, except that I can't use it to play dvds anymore, I get some sort of DRM error. I havent taken the time to troubleshoot it cos I only use WMP for music, I use (and highly recommend) VLC player for anything video.
Scorpio
I downloaded WMP11 but when I doubleclick the installer file I get the error that the cabinet file is corrupt/

What the hell can I do now?

Evil or Very Mad
jacky.goy
The cab files could be corrupted. Try download again but before that delete all cookies.
izcool
Thanks for the link, I'll give it a go shortly after this track finishes. Smile Man, I know I've been around a long time since I remember when all of these versions came out, like version 10 where it had this huge bug in it where it was displaying an "X" (broken image) near the bottom of it when it was in Beta stages. They fixed that when it got released.

- Mike.
pokethamage
Yea the interface is really nice. But i cant really see how it is more user-friendly though. I still see it as slow...but sleek...and sleek is nice to look at...
Klaker
It still can't beat iTunes and i dont even have an ipod. But apple certainly needs to step it up with its next release.
rajhank
thanks for the link , i have downloaded it and looks good.
anurag_bhd
Finally I downloaded and installed it. The interface and the ease of use is much better than WMP10, but I felt some kinda bugs in it. Like the cross sign it shows(indicating the discontinuity of images) when the WMP11 is not connected to the internet and the downloading of the URGE features during the install process without confirming from the user(which I prevented, thanks to my firewall : Zone Alarm). The estimated download size was about 50 MB, a terrible size for dial-up users.
But all together, forgetting these two bugs(which I think would be removed in its official release), the WMP11 is a good piece of work. Especially, the library has been greatly modified to make it look interesting and make it more easier to use.
So, for everything non-video(as there is no seeking when you play videos Sad), I would too recommend WMP11 for its great looks and good support for audios. Very Happy
n0obie4life
I doubt I'll switch.

I'm not really a fan of User Interfaces and Windows Media Player 10 is good enough for me.

It works (WMP 10). And I heard it uses waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more memory than WMP 10 when idle. Can someone prove that for me? My player currently runs at 13,000k.
Bones
Uses around 12.3M when playing music on my machine (I just checked it out in taskmanager). So apparently it uses less.

I only use it for music, and personally, I don't really care what I use for music, I have Winamp, WMP 11 and I-tunes (Itunes is my least fav of the three becuase it whines everytime you start it if you remove the registry filters that it puts in, which it should have never put there in XP in the first place)

You arent really missing much IMO, I like 11 a lil better than 10 because it looks nicer, but thats the only advantage that I can see at this point besides it organises your library a lil nicer.
orcaz
it uses much more memory for me. and why is it it does not show the music being played on MSN Messenger anymore? The plugin is missing...
Bones
Click on Tools-Plugins-and click on Windows Live Messenger music plugin to put a check next to it.

It wasent working for me after installing the beta either, once I selected it again, it started working.

No idea why it would use more or less ram on different systems.
orcaz
Bones wrote:
Click on Tools-Plugins-and click on Windows Live Messenger music plugin to put a check next to it.

It wasent working for me after installing the beta either, once I selected it again, it started working.

No idea why it would use more or less ram on different systems.

that means it onli works on the windows live messenger (version 8 ), but not the stable release (version 7.5), coz I am still using MSN 7.5 (dint like the idea of sharing folders) altho I am using WMP 11.
lovelypp
I never use it but try to find it . Because My friend tell tht it's so great and beautiful. Hope to use it soon. Very Happy
Bones
To disable sharing folders click tools-options-sharing folders and uncheck the box that says 'use sharing folders instead of one file at a time'
I really like the latest release of Messenger 8 and havent had any stability issues with this build
orcaz
Bones wrote:
To disable sharing folders click tools-options-sharing folders and uncheck the box that says 'use sharing folders instead of one file at a time'
I really like the latest release of Messenger 8 and havent had any stability issues with this build

No not that... Itz coz I tink the Sharing Folders installs USN Journal, which gives quite a lot of problems during disk checking...