FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Myspace Helio?

dz9c
I dont think myspace is going anywhere...
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=1456240
Now they made a mobile device, designed just for myspace?? And I thought myspace was going to die out soon Confused
Blaster
I hope it does. And i am not saying why. I predict that it will die in the summer some time. kind of stupid though. I dont' think it will get anywhere. Very Happy
a.Bird
I believe that myspace is part of the reason why Americans are so vain.
Hobbit
It's not going to die out any time soon, I hope it doesn't die out anymore. Since I have a music site, that's where I contact all the bands, and that's how my site is actually alive.

Other than that, myspace knows it could die out, that's why they're introducing all these new features such as IM Myspace.

I think they should concentrate more on making their servers faster, and actually getting the music player(main original purpose of site) to work correctly.
Blaster
yea i see what you are saing there. There servers are slow and they fix stuff at bad times. It like every good thing (except google and yahoo) it will die. Myspace will be a thing of the past. There will be something better at some time. There is a lot on myspace that needs to be fixed. If the owner was smart they would fix this.
alkady
Blaster wrote:
yea i see what you are saing there. There servers are slow and they fix stuff at bad times. It like every good thing (except google and yahoo) it will die. Myspace will be a thing of the past. There will be something better at some time. There is a lot on myspace that needs to be fixed. If the owner was smart they would fix this.

I doubt myspace will be a thing of the past, Notice there is alot of A list Celebs, Makes you wonder...If you got celebs, You got fans no matter what.
UnikeViruz
OK, I'm on myspace but when I heard about this mobile crap I was a bit in shock....I mean seriously....Anyone who uses that whats wrong with them? They need to see there messages and who's adding them as a friend 24/7? It's kind of insane if you ask me..People could wait a few hours untill they get home to check that stuff...It's just stupid...I'm on myspace but im not freakin out over it you know? I think it's kinda lame...Plus somone else said it...There server's suck...and I always get errors. Somone should slap Tom for being so damn stupid...
todabeat
Actually i was looking into advertising inside myspace, and according to the stats report, they have over 20 million unique visitor DAILY.

here is pricing

Targeted Price - Targeting can be done by any of the profile features like age, city, gender, etc. Each additional targeting item is $.25.

468x60 - $1.70 (top banner)

728x90 - $1.90 (large top banner)

300x300 or 300x250 - $2.75 (medium box)

430x600 - $2.50 (large box)

120x600 - $2.10 (vertical banner)

so myspace will NOT die soon, unless someone freakin hacks it and kills ther servers.
hopelesshumor
that's interesting Wink
dz9c
todabeat wrote:

so myspace will NOT die soon, unless someone freakin hacks it and kills ther servers.

I doubt that will happen lol. Though its been done in the past. I remember that kid who discovered the hole in it and got himself over 1mil friends in a day or somethin.
Slick
its only a wap enabled fone.. but there using myspace as spin off to selling it...

just like david beckham in football boots...

dnt see the point in myspace really... its like these free website builder things...

just allows ameteurs to clog the internet up with more shit...
ignition
Portable myspace? Guess they haven't heard of laptops?
{name here}
MySpace will not die. It will fade away into obscurity like Lycos, never to see the high hits they once had.
Someone will make something better than MySpace built on the same concept, and that will kill it. It's the natural progression of the web.

Who knows, maybe it won't fade away into obscurity. Maybe people will not realize that they're talking to themselves on their blogs because nobody cares about their daily lives(that will drive down quite a lot of ego strokers). It may be like YTMND - which can thrive until the creativity is lost(and the human mind is of boundless creativity).
todabeat
^^

See i use myspace, but only to keep in touch with all my friends from back home, since i live really far away. But i don't to blogs, and be look at my picture and whatnot.
dz9c
Yea your right. Something else will take its place eventually.
btw i just noticed its named after a mod we have here! (sorta, Helios ) Smile
mceejaydee
Daang myspace is getting super overrated.
screamingdecay
Myspace wont die now, maybe in 5 years.

I agree, people are nuts if they have to check there darn myspace all 24/7
SunburnedCactus
It's owned by Rupert Murdoch for goodness sake, its not going until he gets his moneys worth. He's also the reason there are so many commercial profiles on there now.
todabeat
yeah, look at his profile

http://www.myspace.com/murdoch_rupert

he says he want to OWN the world.. freakin' hilarious.
dz9c
todabeat wrote:
yeah, look at his profile

http://www.myspace.com/murdoch_rupert

he says he want to OWN the world.. freakin' hilarious.

If thats really him, hes gotta be the oldest person I have ever seen on myspace.
Dark_Jedi06
MySpace = A waste of time

It's scary how much time people spend getting the right picture of themselves (usually scantily clad Wink ). Then they stare at their computer waiting for one of the 800 people on their friends list to leave a comment, so they quickly comment back. Phones are always good for that, or an instant messager. Hell, meeting in person would be the best thing. You know, human contact?

Not to mention some of the wierdos who try to get people over MySpace, even though half the people probably lie about themselves.

I find the whole concept puzzling. Confused
dz9c
Speaking of myspace, maybe some of you would vote in this if you havent already...
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-34243.html
caroline
Sorry I know I just mentioned this in another topic.

WHY are there TWO myspace threads?!??!?!?!?!
www.facebook.com >myspace
dz9c
caroline wrote:
Sorry I know I just mentioned this in another topic.

WHY are there TWO myspace threads?!??!?!?!?!
www.facebook.com >myspace

The other one is if u like it or not. This one is about the Helio thing...Neutral
pacslim
thats a useless gadget myspace i like but this is stupid u have pda's laptops and also allready phones with the www on it like atur desktop pc lol crazy thanks for showing i didnt know and yeah myspace wont dissapear soon its big and also a cool way to write stars celebs Wink Arrow
pecad0re
can someone explain to me what this myspace is all about?? i dont understand
{name here}
pecad0re wrote:
can someone explain to me what this myspace is all about?? i dont understand

It's where you post a picture and expand your ego. Consult with Encyclopaedia Dramatica's Article on myspace to see what it's about.
Josso
I started using it just for the sake of having one and they provided free music hosting so I went for it. I hate the GUI on it, the servers are so bad and yes it is over-rated.

www.myspace.com/jossweightman
bdoneck
MySpace is a very dumb and annoying thing and I wish it would just go away, and I hope that nobody is stupid enough to buy that phone. What a waste of money
Rmgk
i think this is a phone that can go on the internet, hence they are advertising it to people who would be interested in it, ie myspace
a.Bird
Dark_Jedi06 wrote:
It's scary how much time people spend getting the right picture of themselves (usually scantily clad Wink ). Then they stare at their computer waiting for one of the 800 people on their friends list to leave a comment, so they quickly comment back. Phones are always good for that, or an instant messager.

Haha, how do you know about all of this?
Billwaa
well, I don't hate it, but I just have to say all the advertisement overload the server. Of course Tom want to load millions of ad on so he get billions of dollars.

Anyway, myspace have no purpose. I use it to basically show off my computer and music skill, that's basically it.