FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

True love - What does it mean to you?

Vrythramax
I am sure this topic been broached before, but I would like to know what "True Love" is to any of you out there.

For me, I work every day with people, in a constantly changing enviroment, and the one constant I know is that my wife will be there for me at days end.

This is not sexual, she shares her warmth with me when I am cold, and pulls me close when I have a bad dream. I don't think any man could ask for more.
Blaster
true love to me is when the girl loves your for who you are. They dont' care if you look ugly or are nice. They love your ideas and just about always agree with you. They like to do the same things as you. They share the samve hobbies and intrest. For me i would love a women that loves to travel.

A women for me is one that is just like me i think. They share most of the same stuff i do.
alja
True love is something that no one can describe it only can be felt, experienced, eventhough I'll try to explain what I have felt. It is a overwhelming feeling of being one with everything. True love do not discriminate from gender or age or species, when you are able to feel true love you feel this with the people as well as with any living being. True love is to become one with the universe....
Telnven
True love is to feel whole, like you do not need anything more. That you have acheived your goal. Kind of like being accepted for who you are.
kcw1304
I think that true love at some point becomes a choice. Eventually there will be a point in a relationship when the love feeling goes away, usually not forever, but its at this point that true love will choose love anyway, just because. True love doesn't give up just because things get tough. Its a commitment- a choice. Thats what I think anyway Smile
picsite
true love is when you are really comfortable around this person who you are in love with. You could do anything around him/her and not be embarrased etc.
the_mariska
Blaster wrote:
true love to me is when the girl loves your for who you are. They dont' care if you look ugly or are nice. They love your ideas and just about always agree with you. They like to do the same things as you. They share the samve hobbies and intrest. For me i would love a women that loves to travel.
This is not the whole truth, as the appearance always has some meaning. If you fall in love with somebody, you fall for the whole him/her, not only the appearance/mind/hobbies or interests. So this means, 'for who you are, as you wrote', but not exactly that the look has no meaning at all. It's also not true that people who love each other always agree. There would be always some matter that they would have different opinions, the problem is to compromise such way that no side would be hurt. And abou the interests... It's not all, but also does matter a lot. There aren't many things worse than a totally cute guy, that I don't have a common topic with Razz

Quote:
True love is something that no one can describe it only can be felt, experienced, eventhough I'll try to explain what I have felt. It is a overwhelming feeling of being one with everything. True love do not discriminate from gender or age or species, when you are able to feel true love you feel this with the people as well as with any living being. True love is to become one with the universe....
Some people and believes call it heaven.

To me true love, appears to be as it has been described by St. Paul:
Quote:
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
Of course it is the description of the love of God. But this is the ideal that we should base our lives on. That we should do everything for this very person's good, even more than for ours own. That we should never love or not depending on some conditions. And let the partner decide him/herself about his/her own life.

That's the theory, it goes much more difficult in the practise... But we learn to love for the whole our life. Very Happy
skygaia
I like this sentenses in your post : 'she shares her warmth with me when I am cold, and pulls me close when I have a bad dream'
So does my wife to me.. ^^

I think true love is to make me encourage to do anything for my lovers.
I got married and have one son. Before I got married , I had never thought that I could die for someone.

However, I can do anything for my family. It's not a sort of responsibilities for my family. My wife and son are very special for me. Sometimes there are some troubles between us but these are not a big deal. I feel I can to anything for my family without compensation.

it is true love to me. ^^
saveexclusive
What is true love? I am pretty sure that everyone in this world has a definition in regards to what true love is; however, one wont really know the meaning untill one has expericed true love. In my opinion, I beleieve true love is when after 2 years you still get those butterflies in your stomach; when you and your partner can discuss anything, either good or bad, and still have respect towards eachother opinons; after a long time together you still feel like the relationship has just started; when one feels so comfortable around eachother that one doesn't think twice about burbing, etc. On the other hand no two relationships are the same and that is why there are so many factors that come into affect when one tries to define true love.
Sappho
My explanation will be simple, true love is when u care for someone more than u care for yourself.

And i cannot help myself to not mention one of my favourite quotes:

"Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while." -- Westley (The Princess Bride)
HoboPelican
Sappho wrote:

"Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while." -- Westley (The Princess Bride)

Great quote from a great movie Very Happy You should add it to the greatest movie quote thread I saw in the movies section.

I wish I could give a witty or even sensible definition of what it is for me, but if I started to give it justice, I'd go on for pages....

How about when you wake up and open your eyes and the first thing you see is puffy, sleep clouded face with eye boogers and disheveld hair and breath that could kill a water buffalo....and you smile and kiss it. That is love! Ain't it great?

Very Happy
cybernie
TRUE LOVE is the willingness to suffer for the benefit of others without waiting for any recompense.

This was manifested when Christ was crucified and laid His on the cross in order for us to be saved from the slavery of sin.
earthchild
true love is only one thing - unconditional
Seth
True Love.......My true love just fell into my lap after 11 yrs of looking...Its not something you plan on..it just happens..and you know it when it does without a doubt...Id give anything (even my life) to keep her safe and happy..Im a much happier person now that ive found true unconditional love...
ColdFire
"True Love" or "Unconditional Love" is when you sacrifice (physically, emotionally) for the other persons benefit, respect & trust her, & do your best to make her happy even with the knowledge that you two cant be together or that she wont love you back! Crying or Very sad
cybernie
that's exactly what true love is...

for God so loved the world and he gave His Only Son... the living sacrifice to save us from sins.
russel26
if u love a person meaning to say u loves until die....never changes Laughing
Sphaerenkern
True Love? In my opinion, it's respecting each other totally, being able to talk about anything, trusting each other completely and, of course, that your partner is the last person of the world you would leave behind.

I don't expect it to be eternal, though. People are changing everyday and it can happen that you change in different directions. But that should be something to talk with each other, because you wouldn't want to let true love coming to an end, would you?
TrueFact
First of all you have to identify why s/he loved you in the first place... someone may first get attracted to you because you are beautiful/handsome or because you are smart or for any other thing. In this case you may like to concentrate on that part and keep it shining.

Now back to the true love:
For me true love is about being honest and faithful to each other in general as without these two, a relation neither love can survive for a long time.

The next thing is sexual relationship (as some experts say) between you two. Experts say that most cases of divorce are caused by this no matter what they say is just smoke and if you look deep into it you'll find the fire was started in their bed at first.

Jealousy, Although women say they hate it but sure they want their man to be jealous about them. A study made in France assured that 81% women wanted to marry Arab men because they show more jealousy than any other men in the world. But don't push it too far or you'll get negative results.
Sphaerenkern
It seems sooo ridiculous, needless and stupid to me to make the partner jealous just to know he/she cares. Don't they notice that it hurts Sad
Aleksandroz
I sometimes find cute when my girlfriend is jealous, (but very little jealous).
I love those small signs of love. And it is even cutter if she is trying to hide it. Wink
Sphaerenkern
Aleksandroz wrote:
I sometimes find cute when my girlfriend is jealous, (but very little jealous).
I love those small signs of love. And it is even cutter if she is trying to hide it. Wink

It is, no doubt! I'm just against making your partner jealous intentionally.
molif
true love is when he/she does something wrong and the other could still forgive..
mimsxmassacre
Love is what happens when the passionate "honeymoon" phase of a relationship is over. Love is what happens when the "cute" habits cease to be cute. Love is what happens when you aren't afraid to show your true self and true feelings on subjects that you know said person does not agree with you on. Love is what happens with you fight bitterly with no fear of losing said person.

If you can do all of these things and still curl up at night and know that you have not lost your head, this person helps you keep it...if the person gives you peace long after the butterflies are gone..if staying isn't a decision it is a necessity for sanity....if all of these things are true after the passion phase then congratulations, its love.