FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do you think of Spore?

What do u think?
Looks Fantastic
75%
 75%  [ 9 ]
Intrested
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Don't Care
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Can you say Bomb!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

theLOGANhole
Hi,

I've just heard of this game coming out soon, called Spore.
What do most people think about it. It's from the creator of the Sims and it's suppose to be just as addictive.

And the website is here:

http://www.spore.com/

VX.Agent
Looks really original but my computer won't be able to run the game anyway.
linkman2004
This game looks really awesome! My computer won't be able to ruin it either, though. Razz Guess I'll just have to wait until I get a job so I can get a new one. But, honestly, the creature creation stuff looks amazing. Can't wait to see more of the game. Very Happy
TonkPilz
for ppl that tingk thay whont be abel to play it try http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest (systemrequirementslab.com) spore isent in the list yhet but im sure it will be soon
Monkeydog
It'll make me have to get a new computer...that game looks so awesome...kinda like EVO but better.
Scaramanga
Well seeing at what an excellent track record Will Wright has at making games that sort of push the evelope of what we think of as "games" it's sure to be a fun ride. Somewhere on the net (sorry guys, you're gonna have to YouTube this one yourself) there's a 30-minute video of Will Wright demo'ing Spore at last years E3, and it's pretty fun to just watch, as he explains how the evolutionary tools are going to work.

And I'm getting a new computer soon, so I guess I won't have to worry about technical requirements too much (although to the best of my knowledge they haven't released any specs for the game yet.)
Helios
I will review it.. sure.. Smile
faker_phil
Here is the gameplay video to it:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8372603330420559198&q=spore

System Requirements
Note! Official system requirements are not known yet.

We predict
Pentium 4 1.4GHz CPU or equivalent.
512Mb RAM.
64Mb video card with Direct3D support.

------------------------
This is just an estimate, but still, I think pretty much everyone should be able to run it. If not, just spend 300 bucks on a computer that can Wink

The game looks awesome, I can't wait until its released (Q4 2006 \ Q1 2007). The best part is that it is prodeedingly generated (or sumthin like that), which makes it less of a memory-eater.

Also, you get in parts of other people's creations (buildings etc.). Also, other people's "personalities" are being downloaded to your profile so you can encounter them. Of course, if you destroy somebody's civilization on your computer, it happens only there. It's only a copy of the profile they created. (Sorry, MMOG players Wink )

Big *THUMBS UP*! Applause
Helios
After watching the video I was like WOW!!

I mean, this game is sooo mine!!

Btw, I don't believe that 512 mB of memory will hold it.
You should better buy 1024...
rip8fan1
The Game looks fantastic - I'll put it on my wish list!
faker_phil
Helios wrote:

Yea, but who doesnt have a gig...

btw, how do you already have Heroes of M&M if its coming out the 28th?
Wink

I played 3, maybe i'll check out 5 too.
Monkeydog
faker_phil wrote:
Helios wrote:

Yea, but who doesnt have a gig...

People like me...*sigh*

I hope the requirements are more like what you posted though...I could easily get something like that.

Doubt it'll need a stronger computer than Oblivion...
Helios
Spore will be out in 2007.
For smooth playing by that time I guess you'll need something like 2 GBs.

faker_phil, I don't have a GB.
I never really worked for hardware before, but with Spore it'll be a different story.. I think I'll waste my money on a good upgrade in september(that's when my warranty ends, so I'll just make an up-grade and get some money back).
faker_phil
Helios wrote:
Spore will be out in 2007.
For smooth playing by that time I guess you'll need something like 2 GBs.

faker_phil, I don't have a GB.
I never really worked for hardware before, but with Spore it'll be a different story.. I think I'll waste my money on a good upgrade in september(that's when my warranty ends, so I'll just make an up-grade and get some money back).

I'll do the same, just a little earlier after the german hardware-exhibition (CeBit), then the prices will be low...

I gotta pay attention to "Crysis" too, though. I want to be able to play that too when it comes out, and the requirements are going to be very high.
DeadX
I think Spore will be an great game.

At IGN you can find a couple of video's (http://media.pc.ign.com/media/735/735340/vids_1.html), The laqt one is the Spore Demo of E3 '06 wich is actually the game (unfinished) itself and not 'just' an prototype to show what it's about.

I've also read somewhere that the game will be released in Q3 of 2007 (juni) and that there will also be versions for cellphone, PSP and DS (not officialy announced yet)

I can't wait for the game to be released, I hope there will be an beta.
Th3St1ck
I have been following it for a while now,
and I think it will be a great game.
The only problem is it won't come out for a while.
I believe the estimated release date is around Q3 2007
Helios
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-27043.html

-close-