FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Roadtrip!!

kam311
So I'm trying to plan a roadtrip in August (the only time this year I'll be out of class and will be able to get off of work) for about 2-3 weeks out west. I live in Florida, USA and want to see some friends in Albuquerque, New Mexico (about 1500 miles away) so I thought I'd turn it into a roadtrip and see some of America on the way there and back. Any suggestions as to what to do, where to stay, how to keep it cheap? Keep in mind, I'm a poor college student. Wink Thanks.
Donutey
stop at san antonio and go to the riverwalk, excellent food and atmosphere.
Hobbit
I'm not sure how you would be able to keep it cheap, I mean you're gonna travel thousands of miles (gas prices are soaring) and you will obviously need food. Just try to take as much food from your house as you can. You should also sleep in the car, but that isn't always too safe.
ryanh2006
Yeah hobbit thats really true. But I guess that if everyone chips in, and you try and not spend a lot in anyone place at anyone time then I guess that I could prove to be more cost effetcive then say an airline ticket plus accomodation.;..
kam311
Yeah, gas is quite a bit. But its still cheaper than renting. I'm under 25, so renting is crazy expensive. Sleeping in the car is probably the way to go...within reason of course. I've always wondered what to do in San Antonio (besides the Alamo)...i've never been.
Assiez
Hobbit wrote:
You should also sleep in the car, but that isn't always too safe.

I've never tried sleeping in my car, is it really that dangerous?
kam311
I can certainly imagine how it could be. Take Crazy Roadside Killer Bob, for example. Wink
Helios
Just carry a shotgun or a gun with you.

If someone breaks into the car, you will wake up by instinct.
squirrelmaster
me and 4 of my friends are going on a roadtrip NEXT summer, we each plan to have $1000 set aside, and we will go all over the place, thousands and thousands of miles away from Oklahoma(maybe go to canada then to mexico and back Wink )

i hope that's enough money, but not sure. We also plan to sleep in our car, but i'm not sure how it's going to turn out(esp. 4 mexico), i'll probably bring extra money if I can.