FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Movie STAY

marioflory
Hey all!
When I was in belgium lately, I went to the movies a lot. But as I watched more and more of the movies, one day I made a great mistake. I bought a ticket for the movie STAY. I wonder if somebody is here that saw this movie as well, because there were only a hand full of people watching with me. And if, I'd like to get any explanation concerning this movie! I didn't get what's going on at aaaaaalll.
I don't think I'm stupid, but I cannot help, I have no idea why there was a movie made like this. Please help me! If you cannot help, who else? Please!!! Any advice or links to other site complaining or explaning (I don't care) will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
marioflory
Heeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Am I the only one who saw this movie? I would like to know in which countries it was shown... I was watching it in Belgium, but I never heard of this Movie in Switzerland (where I am actually living).

This is the link to the movie in the imdb:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371257/

To make you feel like atching this movie, and hopefully explain it to me, I rewrite the summaries from imdb:

This movie focuses on the attempts of a psychiatrist to prevent one of his patients from committing suicide, while trying to maintain his own grip on reality.

Summary written by Anonymous

Standing in for a sick colleague, renowned New York psychiatrist Sam Foster is confronted with disturbed art student Henry Letham. Seemingly inspired by his idol, a painter infamous for committing suicide on his 21th birthday, Henry announces he will shoot himself Saturday at midnight--the moment he turns 21. Foster, once having saved his suicidal girlfriend Lila, takes the threat seriously but fails to simply have Henry taken into custody. Instead, while trying to track his patient down, Sam is gradually drawn into the world of Henry's obsessions.

Summary written by Preston Adcock(prowler029@motley.com)

After a car accident on a bridge, the psychiatrist Sam Foster (Ewan McGregor) assumes the case of the survivor Henry Letham (Ryan Gosling), who apparently torched and car and promises to commit suicide three days later. Sam decides to investigate deeper what happened with Henry, and feels that he is becoming detached from reality with his findings about the case. He asks his girlfriend Lila Culpepper (Naomi Watts) to help himself to stay lucid, while trying to solve the intriguing situation of Henry.