You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Crysis, the game with KILLER grafix and KILLER physics

A next-generation project by CryTek, makers of the dazzling FPS Far Cry. This game is running on the new CryENGINE 2 technology. The game is one of the the first announced to run on the advanced DirectX 10 architecture.

Set in 2019 after a colossal asteroid crashes to Earth, Crysis begins amidst a tense military standoff between the North Korean and United States governments for control of the impact zone. Amid rising tensions, the asteroid suddenly bursts open revealing a massive alien ship, which begins freezing vast portions of the island and altering the global weather system. The invasion of Earth has begun. Crysis features an epic three-act story of alien invasion where players are able to customize their armor and weapons in real time to confront an ever-changing enemy and a harsh, dynamic environment.

Screenshots at IGN

Maan, I cant wait for this game, and neither can my Wallet [Wink](I mean for the Video Card nd stuff)
Well, you dont really need the PhysX card, but it just would work better with it. Still, I dont think Im going to invest 300 bucks into some new technology. I'll let others try it out first. As for Crysis, AWESOME!
Yes this game is looking smooth like a mother..

But there is one but... you will have to buy Windows Vista if you want Direct X 10, older windows systems/ versions dont support DX10 or something like that.

Other then that the graphics are realy looking next gen for pc gaming, huge improvement Smile I cant wait to play this game thats 1 thing for sure!
Thug wrote:

But there is one but... you will have to buy Windows Vista if you want Direct X 10, older windows systems/ versions dont support DX10 or something like that.

We can't be sure that Vista will be required. There will be a version of DirectX 10 for Windows XP, it will just be named "DirectX 9.0l".

This game will be released in 2007, then many computers will have Windows Vista and operating system will be no problem. There will be problem with graphisc card, because Crysis will not run on GF 7, of course. So what should the people do who spent a big money for GF 7900 GTX SLI or quad sli? I don't think so they will change cards so often

We can be sure of one: this game has the best graphisc, I haven't seen so realistic soft shadows in any other game. And these depth of field and motion blur effects looks amazingly
I'll have to wait for the new DX10 graphic cards to build my new computer, that game looks hella good.
sure the game looks damn nice but the idea of a "PhysX card" bugs the hell out of me...
Me too, I dont want to spend as much for a "extension card" as for a graphics card...
I'm thinking that you should be able to play it with a reasonable system, just not with all the bells and whistles. Like FEAR is sweet and has high graphic but it plays on and old PIII running a GeForce 4 using DirectX 7.

FarCry is a great game, it had the best graphics for it's time, and it was a lot of fun choosing your own way to complete the objective. If this new game has any of FarCrys cool features it should be well worth the cost and the upgrade. As far as upgrading, my advise is to get the second or third best video card out. You can usally get them for under $200 and I'm not sold on SLi, it seems to be better to have one highend card with the better graphics set up then have two card which have more power but still arn't able to render the newer graphic, plus the cost is still two high.
This game in it self gonna kill my wallet Razz Hope its gonna be just as good as FarCry. I saw the E3 movie of FarCry: Crysis, and it looked outstanding. This is a must have for me!
Are those graphics real???
Keops wrote:
Are those graphics real???

They are real, but the footages and screens are probably made in DirectX 9... so in DX 10 it will look better Very Happy crysis was on E3
Yeah i want ot say the producers of Cyrisis are Turks...They live in Germany but they come Turkey generally and they have a lot of interviews so i proud to be a Turkish person...They realised FARCRY and that was wonderful and finally Cyrisis,may be it will be the best FPS game... Very Happy
but still a PhysX card damn it to hell is it so inportent to make a few leafs move in the wind or when brushd against....

and what iritates me more is that a PhysX card is probebly gona be a requirement sooner or later just to make my wallet even smaler ...

still gona play the game tho ..... DAMN
Time to get of my old Radeon 9600XT I think...

And didn't came Havok with an anwser for the PhysX card.
HavokFX, a software Physics engine that runs on your videocard.
But I think you need te PhysX card to run it smooth as you Graphics card
will be very busy rendering.

And who willing to donate me a new graphics card?
I really need a new one...
its bad news, i have fx5200, i cant play oblivion. How am i supposed to play Crysis? i should buy x1900 or sth like that Very Happy
anyway, the game is gonna be good, that's for sure
darth_revan wrote:
its bad news, i have fx5200, i cant play oblivion. How am i supposed to play Crysis? i should buy x1900 or sth like that Very Happy
anyway, the game is gonna be good, that's for sure

You can play Oblivion with a special patch. Crysis will not run on any card, including GF 7900 GTX and Radeon X1900 XTX. You will need GeForce 8 to run this...
Gonna smash my PC out of anger because it can't run that game lol.
Looks so awesome.
this is the closest a game has got to reality!! the shadows and lightning is just mind blowing!! soft shadows, self shadows, etcc man, when its released, im gonna bang my head for not being able to play it.. Sad

and btw, my guess is that you will need 2 gigs of ram and at least a 256 mb graphics card to run this... and not to mention a dual core processor will also helo Wink
I'm going to get a new PC for DX10. My laptop right now can't play Oblivon either Crying or Very sad My brother's brand new laptop can... I'm so jelous.
I thought you were talking about Crystalis for the NES (and later GBColor) which is a great game and very fun. One of the best, IMHO.