FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

"Safely Remove Hardware" ... but...

Saber
yah... After I installed my New SATA drive... I get this message... trying to eject the drive..its running off it... in my pc... Any Idea how to get rid of this message?
its only a minor annoyance but still..
AlexNet
Your operating system is running on the (internal?) Sata drive, and the system is trying to "eject" it?

I would try to get newer or updated SATA drivers, sounds like its running on generic "plug and play" drivers. But yet it shouldnt be a problem if the board has SATA ports..

Did the drive come with a driver cd?
Saber
@alexNet thanks for your reply,
Quote:
Your operating system is running on the (internal?) Sata drive, and the system is trying to "eject" it?

yah... its really stupid...

and no it didnt come with a cd. Im guessing I should look at my mother boards makers site or windows.... but yah.. this is my first sata drive.. and thus me not knowing anything.
AlexNet
Whats the make and model of the drive? I can probably find drivers for you if you would like.

Just post the specs back here and Ill do some searching.

Alex
Saber
Its a sata samsung hd300LJ, I really dont know where to look for drivers, so thanks for the offer.
kelhamcrisis
Try here mate.

had a look on the samsung site and this is the software listed for the HD300LJ.

Download it, it should contain the drivers you are looking for, and by the look if the filename it will probably have some drive utilities for you too.