FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why limit with 45 points?

vahsi000
In the introduction at Frihost.com i read the FAQ and it states the following " it may take several months before an account cancellation is even considered" but we only have a maximum right to earn 45 points and 45 points = 45 days which does not equal several months.

What I'm suggesting is that this limit to be doubled so people can actually max out there points with quality posts and take a break if they have to of "several months" and not 45 days...

I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about my suggestion, feel free to comment.
Daniel15
Quote:
" it may take several months before an account cancellation is even considered"

Basically, you get an automated warning email at -5 and -10 points. We only consider account cancellation if you reach -20 points. Even so, we'll look through all your posts, and decide if we should keep your account or not. So, it takes 65 (45+20) days before we even consider it.

The limit is in place so people don't post a whole bunch of spam, get 100's of points, and leave forever. I personally think that the limit of 45 points is quite a good limit, it's not too high, yet at the same time, it's not too low.
Scorpio
I too agree with Daniel,

The fact is that if you are not interested enough to post even once in 45 days, then you are not fit to get free hosting.

What would make you so unwilling as not to post in even 2 months?

The break which you would seem to be taking would have to be more than just long.

Anyway any Free Host expects something in return, and so they require you to be active.

actually Frihost's definition of "active" is really very lenient,

Once in 45 days, you need to post.

I am afraid that is the best deal anyone can offer you for free.

If you plan on taking a 5 month vacation perhaps, why dont you switch to a paid host. They dont care a damn as long you pay the bucks.
Blaster
Yea it would lead to people just posting a lot. Then leaving forever. Like me I wouldn't have to come back for like almost 4000 days. So then people wouldn't post. Bondings would have to make somethign happen and lose all acounts just to get people back. (refering to server 1 indect.)

@scorpio

You dont' need a period. You have to stop that it gets annoying after awile.
Scorpio
What exactly did you try to convey to me blaster?

I did not comprehend your choice of words
wumingsden
Blaster means that if there was no limit on the amount of points earned then he could leave for a very long time - that is if the points system is gonna be changed, which its not, and if he then posted another 2000 posts on the top of his 2000 already achieved.

Basically the points system is in place to force users to come back at least once in 40 days, which personally i think it too leanient. However, it will not be changed.
Scorpio
wumingsden wrote:
Blaster means that if there was no limit on the amount of points earned then he could leave for a very long time - that is if the points system is gonna be changed, which its not, and if he then posted another 2000 posts on the top of his 2000 already achieved.

Basically the points system is in place to force users to come back at least once in 40 days, which personally i think it too leanient. However, it will not be changed.

Sorry If you could not understand that wumingden, but I asked blaster about this
Quote:
@scorpio

You dont' need a period. You have to stop that it gets annoying after awile.

I obviously understood what he said Very Happy
Blaster
Yea i spoke about it to him though pm instead of spamming.

But yea that is why i was talking about wumingsden.
Bondings
I might once be implementing an automatic buffer of 20 days for active members. But certainly not soon.

About the removed accounts, well I currently don't have much time to remove accounts so it can definately take very long before your account is removed due to inactivity, certainly if you have quite a few posts. Wink
Scorpio
Bondings wrote:
I might once be implementing an automatic buffer of 20 days for active members. But certainly not soon.

About the removed accounts, well I currently don't have much time to remove accounts so it can definately take very long before your account is removed due to inactivity, certainly if you have quite a few posts. Wink

i did not get the concept of auto buffer, can you elaborate please? Very Happy
wumingsden
Its a little like a cache
Blaster
For what though. I don't exactly get what he is saying. And for the recorded. When server 1 crashed there where people coming back with like -80 points so it does show that he doesn't delete all the accounts right away.
vahsi000
maybe my post should've said, why not double the points to 90? i get what you guys mean who some people will post as much as they can and not come back for long periods of time like years, but in my case, normally i'd be ok to post ever month but in a few weeks im going overseas and i'm not sure if im going to have access to the internet. I'm only going for about 75 days which i'm going to have 45 points on the very last day and hope my account won't be deleted by the time i get back.

Some of you might suggest to me to make the account when i come back, well i plan on uploading my website, doing some SEO hopefully i'll have enough popularity/ traffic by the time i come back so I can put adsense on.

With that in mind, should I waste the three months by not uploading my websites and getting them on the search engines?
Blaster
well really if you where to get it up to 45 you would be at -30. Like bondings had said he has been very busy. I see where you are going though. Maybe if he where to raise it to 50 it may be better. But 90 is too much. If it where 90 people could have 110 day breaks from here. That would be too long in my mind. Remember that frihost realies on ads. If they do not make money the host is lost. See my point?
wumingsden
vahsi000 wrote:
maybe my post should've said, why not double the points to 90? i get what you guys mean who some people will post as much as they can and not come back for long periods of time like years, but in my case, normally i'd be ok to post ever month but in a few weeks im going overseas and i'm not sure if im going to have access to the internet. I'm only going for about 75 days which i'm going to have 45 points on the very last day and hope my account won't be deleted by the time i get back.

Some of you might suggest to me to make the account when i come back, well i plan on uploading my website, doing some SEO hopefully i'll have enough popularity/ traffic by the time i come back so I can put adsense on.

With that in mind, should I waste the three months by not uploading my websites and getting them on the search engines?

There is a possibilty that I will also be away for an indefinite time period. The only thing that you can do is make a full back-up so if your account is deleted you still have all the nessery files. You could even cancel the account and then re-apply which will save the hassle of worrying about it.
I think you should not upload the website, due to the fact that it is likely that it can get deleted.

Let me jsut state again that the points scheme will not change, so there is no need for anymore suggestions on doing so.
vahsi000
wumingsden wrote:
There is a possibilty that I will also be away for an indefinite time period. The only thing that you can do is make a full back-up so if your account is deleted you still have all the nessery files. You could even cancel the account and then re-apply which will save the hassle of worrying about it.
I think you should not upload the website, due to the fact that it is likely that it can get deleted.

Let me jsut state again that the points scheme will not change, so there is no need for anymore suggestions on doing so.

What's the point of making suggestions if nothings going to be able to chance? You might as well remove the whole section of suggestions.

Like I have 2 more ideas, one of them is where people can freeze their accounts and unfreeze them when they want/can, the other idea is to increase the limit but if the account goes below 0 it can automatically get removed by a script therefor it'll reduce the amount of work you guys have to do.
Scorpio
Quote:
What's the point of making suggestions if nothings going to be able to chance? You might as well remove the whole section of suggestions.

You are supposed to make suggestions except what is mentioned in the "Things that you must not suggest" thread
Quote:

one of them is where people can freeze their accounts and unfreeze them when they want/can

This has been refused. Since it will lead to people taking long breaks as they want to. And if they never unfreeze it, space will be wasted unnecesarily

Quote:
the other idea is to increase the limit but if the account goes below 0 it can automatically get removed by a script therefor it'll reduce the amount of work you guys have to do.

The "mods" dont delete accounts just because the points go down. There are other things taken into consideration as well,it seems.
wumingsden
Exactly as Scorpio says. Also note that all suggestions have been listened to and some of them have been carried out. The point of not suggesting it again is because it has already been turned down for whatever reason.