FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PS3 Price

foodman
At Sony's keynote at E3 today, they presented a slew of trailers and demos for the PS3. They also announced that they will launch the PS3 in the US on November 17th with two versions, a 20 GB HDD version for $499 and a 60 GB HDD version at $599. They also revealed their controller, which looks exactly like the Dual Shock, but is wireless with the option of connecting it to the PS3 through USB, and has a built-in gyroscope, which creates "6 degrees of freedom". It looks like they are trying to copy Nintendo's Wii controller.
garionw
With the Xbox's high price and now this, Nintendo just have to keep the Wii low and the will get most of the market
Leetch
Wow i wan't a ps3 but there not out in australia !!
izimngcubes15
foodman wrote:
At Sony's keynote at E3 today, they presented a slew of trailers and demos for the PS3. They also announced that they will launch the PS3 in the US on November 17th with two versions, a 20 GB HDD version for $499 and a 60 GB HDD version at $599. They also revealed their controller, which looks exactly like the Dual Shock, but is wireless with the option of connecting it to the PS3 through USB, and has a built-in gyroscope, which creates "6 degrees of freedom". It looks like they are trying to copy Nintendo's Wii controller.

The conference was today....well anyway, Sony seemed to try and copy Nintendo, and only has one game supported for that controller, meaning they probably started working on it not too long ago, maybe when the Wii Controller was revealed? And the price is ridiculous, leaves your pockets empty, that much money for a PS3...hmm, so expensive, many people in the world can't effort that, and I think only spoiled rich people or hard-working people would be able to get it.
VX.Agent
I don't like Sony.

The console is bigger than with LESS options. No HDMI, WiFi, SD for the "cheap" version.

thuganomics
I love sony =)
Ps3 will pwn all the upcoming console releases.
Killzone2 is coming out to kill Halo 3!
jarcelao
I think its a good price considering the capabilities of "The Cell" processor which is the heart of the PS3 system. Also don't forget that it is also Blu-Ray equipped which should be enough justification for its price tag. Smile
TonkPilz
WTF... 599,00 USD is 4 301,60 SEK(swe) i can basecly buy a new computer whit that cash so why in hell by a ps3.... coz of the blue-ray naa dont tink so i can still do much more whit a computer than a console... im gona stick whit nintendo Pii or whas it Wii Wink
j0zman
Those prices are sick. They expect us to be millionairs or something, with Porsches on the lawn. Although the price is quite high, I think I will buy one though.
wsco
yes i want to buy
playstation 3

where can i find it here
Confused
j0zman
It's going to be released at the end of this year. If there aren't any delays Smile
n0obie4life
Please keep all PS3 discussions in the official PS3 topic..

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-23640.html

-close-