FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DivX codecs

lSaKenl
Does anyone here know where to get the DivX codecs for a W32 system? i've searched them like no one've got an idea and no found Sad
AlexNet
http://www.divx.com/divx/play/download/

or just the codec:

http://www.divxmovies.com/software/

Google is good.

Alex
JayBee
good project is FFDShow it can play all MPEG4 (DivX, XVid, ...) video formats and it can play many more. It is a windows codec, so it brings this capability to all video players using DirectShow.
forumposters
That ffdshow project looks interesting. Anyone else tried this? I don't usually download programs and install them without doing thorough research and hearing many opionions first.
technology.sponge
try www.freecodecs.com
cghq
yeah if you just download the free divx player from www.divx.com you will be sorted.... And you don't have to actually watch your videos through divx that you need the codecs for, the divx player comes included with the codecs Razz
webbone
You can download a software named kplayer,It's included all need codec for play video!
deroga
You can also try VLC. It has it all hardcoded so no additional codec downloads required.
Fuhrer
Test the ACE Mega codec Pack http://www.freeweb.hu/galgonet/ . The have all the Movie and Audio Codec you need .install the Hyper Version and you have never again a Problem with play some movie or audio File on your PC.
Trust me.
abhinav_shah
I think google is the best resource.

Abhinav Shah
Indyan
Or else install K-lite Codecs pack. it will install a whole lot of codecs Smile . Chances are that you wont need to go looking for a codec again.
b4r4t
Indyan wrote:
Or else install K-lite Codecs pack. it will install a whole lot of codecs Smile . Chances are that you wont need to go looking for a codec again.

I agree with that Smile
I use K-litle codec pack from about 2 years (maybe longer) and i don't have any problems whitch movies Smile

After k-litke You may install real player/quick time player alternative codecs to watch .mov & .rmvb movies whitchout installing full versions of QuickTime & RealPlayer Smile
kelhamcrisis
you should be careful if you decide to install a lot of codec packs on your system. They can mess it up.

If you just want to watch divx, then install divx player/codec alone. However, Xvid is also becoming more popular.

A lot of codec packs out there try to cover too much, so i recommend that you install VLC (someone mentioned it above). That will play almost anything you throw at it.

If you'd prefer to stick to your own media player (such as windows media player) then i'd recommend ffdshow (also mentioned above). Just install one codec pack (either ffdshow or another), not two different ones.

i'd definitely say that VLC is the way to go though.