FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

host local music lyrics?

godam64
can i host indonesian local music lyrics?

i think there is no problem with copyright here since we have a lot of public music lyric magazines & website that publish indonesian lyrics without permission. also there is no lawsuit about music lyrics here.

thanks
thpn
Well, I think that the TOS of FriHost say that unless you have the copyright or it is written that you are eligible to use it, you can't put music on your site. I think I read somewhere that you can convince the staff that you can use it or something, but I'm not sure.

//edit:
From the TOS:

1. MP3 and other music files are forbidden on our servers. No exceptions will be made.
godam64
not audio files, but the lyrics of indonesian music Question
thpn
What do you mean lyrics? Do you mean sound or just the words. If it's just words I would say you could most likely use them.
godam64
you should read this :

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-30817.html

Question
Scorpio
I dont think you can host lyrics unless you have the copyright or permissions.

There may not be lawsuits in Indonesia but Frihost can't risk getting problems because of that.

Anyway, wait for a confirmation from bondings
mathiaus
This is for Bondings to answer. Locking awaiting his reply

-close-
Bondings
If it's illegal, then it isn't allowed. I don't care if there are currently no lawsuits about it.

If you send an email to the group/network/person who owns the rights of those lyrics and they give you a written permission to display them on your website, then yes it is allowed.